Bachelor Pad.

Cool gonna cop it and some lamps this week

Coffee table I'm using currently, might get a different one don't like the glass lol

Here's an update on my media room. I need to switch the blinds out.

Here's the couch i hacked from Ikea. Not bad for $600.

The lamp and rug are from CB2.

Last edited:
The darker the better. Love movie rooms.

It's not always easy to run wires if you're in old build. A lot of times you run into blocking and you have to make more holes just to drill through the blocking to get the wires to hit the outlets.

Anyone got any pics of their bedroom set up? I'm trying to change mine up starting with the sheets and comforter. I don't eem know what color.

Anyone got a wool/shag rug under their bed? At first thought, I think it looks cool but then I thought, is it more for ladies or men? If so, I need a good site for some affordable ones.

Also, whats a good site for coffee tables? Ikea's selection sucks and West Elm is too high end for me.

Trying to get ready to move into my first apartment on Thursday.

Anyone got a wool/shag rug under their bed? At first thought, I think it looks cool but then I thought, is it more for ladies or men? If so, I need a good site for some affordable ones.

Also, whats a good site for coffee tables? Ikea's selection sucks and West Elm is too high end for me.

Trying to get ready to move into my first apartment on Thursday.
try the IKEA shag rug. Target.com usually has a ton of rugs on their online site. 

What do you want to spend on a coffee table, roughly?

try the IKEA shag rug. Target.com usually has a ton of rugs on their online site. 

What do you want to spend on a coffee table, roughly?

Thank you, probably less than $200. I still need to cop a tv stand so I wanna budget the funds properly.

so hey whose ever lived in a spot that had radiant heat in the ceiling?  where the heat had to be on often?

Need some liquor for a bar Cart and recommendations ? Vodkas , gin , tequila , whiskey , wine , champagne , mixers , chasers .

Need some liquor for a bar Cart and recommendations ? Vodkas , gin , tequila , whiskey , wine , champagne , mixers , chasers .

VODKA Triple-distilled vodka ensures a smooth drink with good flavor balance. Buy: Grey Goose or Smirnoff
GIN It's a great base for spring and summer drinks. The best have a heady, floral aroma. Buy: Anchor Genevieve
RUM Opt for a sugarcane rum. It's well-balanced, but not too sweet. Buy: Appleton Estate Reserve
WHISKEY Use a smooth American brand to make manhattans and old fashioneds. Buy: Jack Daniel's
ANGOSTURA BITTERS Add a few dashes of this aromatic concentration to drinks to add a layer of flavor.
VERMOUTH Use the red variety in bourbon, whiskey, or scotch cocktails, and white with vodka or gin. Try either from Dolin Vermouth de Chambery.
MIXERS Opt for fresh juices when possible, but canned ones work too.

JIGGER For accurate measuring, pick up an Oxo double jigger ($8).

PARING KNIFE Use it for garnishes. Try the Global 3.5" GS-38 ($60).

WINE KEY The Victorinox lever corkscrew is simple and dependable ($16).

Source : MensHealth.

My personal choices and what I suggest (without breaking the bank just yet)

Vodka: Tito's

Rum: Flor de cana white rum

Tequila: El Jimado blanco (whatever tequila you buy, make sure it's 100% agave) don't spend the money on reposados or anejos unless you're a real tequila fan)

Bourbon/Whiskey: Maker's is a classic choice, I've seen Four Roses suggested a lot

Cointreau is a must as well.. Grand Marnier is also popular

Agnostura bitters

Don't stress about wine or champagne.. honestly, any 12 dollar bottle of cabernet or pinot noir should keep you covered.. and for white a bottle of moscato or pinot grigio

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/06/...r-20-affordable-red-white-rose-sparkling.html

http://adequateman.deadspin.com/how-to-stock-your-home-bar-1682312771

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2014/...ed-spirits-liqueurs-bitters-tools-advice.html

Essential tools.. a muddler, a shaker (you can get away with a simple all-in-one cocktail shaker set) but I prefer a mixing glass and a metal mixing tin for shaking. A jigger is suggested too, but I prefer the angled jigger measuring cup which makes life a lot easier. A good paring knife (a kitchen essential in the first place) should cover your fruit cutting needs.

Don't worry about having a TON of glassware either. Unless you start hosting cocktail parties, you can get away just having a 2 each of the following: martini, wine glasses (don't worry about having different kinds for white/red), highballs, and old fashioned glasses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom