Bachelor Pad.

So a month ago I took on this project to revamp my kitchen...small space but feeling super accomplished, with the exception of putting down the countertop and attaching the sink due to apartment rules I did everything....demo, build cabinets, backsplash, minimal electrical stuff, paint and floors....can't wait to do this in an actual house.

Before

Now

More to come!

Dope, are you doing these by yourself?

I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF. CAN'T JUSTIFY THE COST WHEN I GOT TWO HANDS OF MY OWN TO USE. IT'S PART OF THE FUN OF OWNING A HOME.

Respect :nthat: certain things I think I'll be able to handle on my own. But bigger projects I may just give in and pay for the service to be done. Props to you for handling on ya own tho dude, came out great.

So a month ago I took on this project to revamp my kitchen...small space but feeling super accomplished, with the exception of putting down the countertop and attaching the sink due to apartment rules I did everything....demo, build cabinets, backsplash, minimal electrical stuff, paint and floors....can't wait to do this in an actual house.

Before

Now

More to come!

You did this to an apartment?

I think that's maybe when you are dealing with larger spacers, everything I watched about putting up backsplash subway tiles recommends to do it this way....the way you are saying I would imagine it'll be a pain in the **** to take out after...lol

lol I just thought you would leave it in there and lay the stuff over it. My number one rule of life= KISS Keep It Stupid Simple lol 

Before

Now

More to come!

I like the before setup better. I thought the pictures were swapped until I seen the spacers. Good job doing it yourself tho. Saved a ton of money that way.

I've never lay tiles but shouldn't you lay the spacers flat on instead of sticking out? 

You always put spacers in like that so they are easy to remove once the tile is set so you can lay the grout down between the tiles. you wouldn't want to grout over top of the spacers, plus most people that tile often reuse the spacers over and over again. And, some spacers run 2 different widths per spacer so depending on how big of a grout line you want showing you don't have to have as many different spacers.

I had the old kitchen set up for 7 years, nothing really wrong with it but for me it felt dated as hell....wife wanted an all white kitchen, so we decided to keep it simple, modern and clean and most of all practical....these cabinets are light years ahead of the old ones I had as far as practicality goes, IKEA I love you.

You always put spacers in like that so they are easy to remove once the tile is set so you can lay the grout down between the tiles. you wouldn't want to grout over top of the spacers, plus most people that tile often reuse the spacers over and over again. And, some spacers run 2 different widths per spacer so depending on how big of a grout line you want showing you don't have to have as many different spacers.

Youtube is slowly killing the handyman /car mechanic hustle. Anything you want to learn should be covered by multiple people in how to videos.

Another thread for around the house stuff might not be a bad idea

I'd be down to help some people out with some tips. Been around construction and home remodeling my entire life. I can pretty much build or fix anything in a house. I just finished my current house this past August. Bought it from a builder going bankrupt who had it more or less done on the exterior but interior was just framed. Turned out pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom