Bachelor Pad.

Google is the best website. I buy from contractor supply companies for materials. I have access to everything through my dads construction company. I remodel my personal homes, our rental properties, and 1-2 flip properties most years. I Try to move every 3 years, buy a junk house in a good spot and renovate. Make my money while living there and then do a new one. I have a real job, so it's more of a hobby/passion than anything else. It took me about 5 months to finish my house. Only things I had someone come in and do was finish the drywall and then paint. I hate doing both of those things with a passion.

I just tried to take some pictures of the more architectural things I did to add some character. House is 4 bed/3 bath around 2500sqft. Mostly finished day light basement. Attempted to do a walkout but the water table was too high.

Ignore the somewhat messy look. I have the kids right now and we are getting ready to head out for vacation tomorrow so it is a bit of a disaster at the moment.

Just finished the retaining wall/fire pit/landscaping about a month ago.

View behind our house. Golf course is on the other side of the creek and trees.

Living room to kitchen

Kitchen

2 kids bedrooms and bathroom to the left, master side of house to the right.

Some beams the wife decided she wanted me to build.

Shower in the master bath

Family room in the basement. Another full bath, and 4th bedroom behind and to the left. Large unfinished/storage space behind the main wall.

Another arch, stairs heading back to main level, and my little toy collection.

Last edited:
Anyone have pics of nice looking track lighting set ups or baseboard lights for a living room?

Living room is about 12x18... Not sure of the route I wanna go yet

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if this question was better suited for the home buying/real estate thread.

Where can I get a good deal on kitchen appliances? I'm specifically looking for a refrigerator since the one my fam has is outdated. Is this something that you must buy brand new and get a warranty alongside? Any help is appreciated.

Can anyone recommend a t.v riser stand? Mounting is an option, but if I can avoid the labor at the moment, I'd prefer just having my Vizio raised higher than the stand it is currently on. I have books underneath, but it's an ugly look.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if this question was better suited for the home buying/real estate thread.

Where can I get a good deal on kitchen appliances? I'm specifically looking for a refrigerator since the one my fam has is outdated. Is this something that you must buy brand new and get a warranty alongside? Any help is appreciated.

Check craigslist if you don't want to buy brand new. I know in my area we have a couple used appliance guys that usually have good deals on relatively new units. Also you can check menards/Home Depot/lowes and find deals on scratch and dents. Sometimes they are very minor for a new refrigerator.

Anyone rocking with floor lamps? Any ideas will be appreciated

Crown moulding just got put up so putting lights on the ceiling is out the question :smh:

Only option I got is floor lamps or wall light fixtures

Brandsmart or HH Greg have decent prices. Also Bestbuy does 0% Financing if you have their card.

Condos and apartments have always been 2 totally different things to me, that's why I was confused. Either way it's coming together nicely. That dining room table is :pimp:

Last edited:
ksteezy ksteezy

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT JUST BLOWING THAT WALL OUT COMPLETELY AND OPENING UP THE SPACE? I THINK THAT WOULD LOOK PHENOMENOMAL IN YOUR SPOT. UNLESS ITS LOAD BEARING.

ME AND MY WIFE WOULDNT EVEN LOOK AT A HOUSE WHEN WE WERE SHOPPING UNLESS IT WAS A COMPLETE OPEN DESIGN WITH THE KITCHEN OPEN TO THE LIVING ROOM AND DINING AREA WITH AN ISLAND.

Last edited:
Apartment complexes are owned by single owner and is rented out to tenants.

The single units of condos can be owned by different people, while there is shared "common areas". Have to pay Homeowners association to maintain the common areas monthly

You can buy apartments too.

I was shocked to find that out looking for property myself.

A quick Zillow search will surprise you.

Can anyone recommend a t.v riser stand? Mounting is an option, but if I can avoid the labor at the moment, I'd prefer just having my Vizio raised higher than the stand it is currently on. I have books underneath, but it's an ugly look.

Just read this..u should mount ur TV..less space looks mad clean

Better look into the space, also for those that asked, the chandelier is from West Elm, most of the stuff is West Elm, I'm pretty obsessed wit the store

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom