Bachelor Pad.

seems like there's a lot of heads in here from Dallas. Anyone know of any (somewhat) affordable apartment buildings in Dallas? Right now I'm commuting to school from Lewisville and it's a drag.

Originally Posted by escobarmeth

seems like there's a lot of heads in here from Dallas. Anyone know of any (somewhat) affordable apartment buildings in Dallas? Right now I'm commuting to school from Lewisville and it's a drag.
don't live there anymore but it depends on what's affordable...my friend lives in Mosaic for a decent price...google it

Originally Posted by hella handsome

i know 
tired.gif
 they're trying to kill us out here

I've come across some really nice/dope architecture in our area though (but as you can probably guess the prices are probably through the ROOF) 

the front 
eyes.gif

The-Rincon-Bates-House-by-Studio27-Architecture.jpg

Just thought I'd point out that a lot of modernist/contemporary architects generally try to leave historical/traditional facades in-tact. In some cases, a city's historical society will fight them to leave the outer appearance the same. I personally think it's a great concept.
Here's one done by Paul McAneary architects that does the same thing, except this is just the redesign of one particular part of the house. http://www.contemporist.c...aul-mcaneary-architects/

That Paul McAneary home is beautiful. The aged environment/neighborhood play very well into that homes look. Much better than the DC home I posted imo.
I would most definitely live in the DC house, no doubt about it, but I just don't really like that front. Maybe its the brick color, who knows but it really just irks the hell out of me
laugh.gif

This thread is nipping the heels of the How To Dress Better thread...love it.
laugh.gif

I just moved to Birmingham, MI and got a 1-bedroom apt. Paying $900/month but it's one of the best neighborhoods/towns in the country. Fantastic area. That being said...I need a ton of stuff for my place. 

I'll post if I get any steals/see anything for a great value for bachelor pads. 

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Can anyone recommend a few city's where the cost of living is cheap for a bachelor and Im thinking of apartments 1 to 2 bedrooms or a 2 bedroom home ?
Kinda broad question... all relative to how much you make etc etc.

Any city in Arizona has a fairly low cost of living.. can buy houses or condos out here for super cheap due to high foreclosures, short sales, etc etc.
Atlanta cheap as **%% too.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Can anyone recommend a few city's where the cost of living is cheap for a bachelor and Im thinking of apartments 1 to 2 bedrooms or a 2 bedroom home ?
Kinda broad question... all relative to how much you make etc etc.

Any city in Arizona has a fairly low cost of living.. can buy houses or condos out here for super cheap due to high foreclosures, short sales, etc etc.
Atlanta cheap as !+*+ too.

damn props man I wish I could contribute to this thread...hopefully it won't be dead by the end of the year

Here we go.  It took me 25 straight days of work to get this place painted, but I'm so happy I did it.  The bathrooms and doors still need to be done, which will be done in a few weeks (I need a break for now).  I am also going to redo the greenish bedroom wall.  I thought I was picking a slate blue, and it turned out to be much too green.  I also put up the new curtains which I love.

Things still to do when money becomes available:
-Dining set
-Coffee table
-Bedroom TV professionally wall mounted with all wires hidden
-Have green metal painted to a gun metal color (most likely have a professional do this)
-House plants
-Clean up the mess under the steps

img0548u.jpg

img0549l.jpg

img0553h.jpg

img0554k.jpg

img0555kp.jpg

img0556b.jpg

img0559zy.jpg

img0560qh.jpg

img0563fz.jpg

img0564px.jpg

img0565j.jpg

img0567ja.jpg

img0568b.jpg

img0570pj.jpg

img0577ig.jpg

img0578ir.jpg

img0588t.jpg

img0572h.jpg

img0573k.jpg

img0587r.jpg

img0594h.jpg

Originally Posted by jrp44

Nice job man...Your couch looks so uncomfortable
laugh.gif

It's actually really soft great when you stretch out on it.  The only thing I don't like is that the back cushions aren't connected to the couch which means sometimes they slide and fall off, but it's also a good thing because you can arrange them anyway you like.

Plus it can fit 3 people to sleep comfortably, so it's great when I have friends over.

That home up there is great 
pimp.gif

I would paint those railings black though, but thats just me. That couch look like I'd knock out on it quick 
laugh.gif

4wrestling, i know this is stretching it but ever thought about continuing the drop ceiling to your living room? I think it would look much cleaner..

I'm not a fan of the paint job with all the different colored walls. With that great space I would have done one clean color.

Back
Top Bottom