Bachelor Pad.

Originally Posted by flyscience

4wrestling, i know this is stretching it but ever thought about continuing the drop ceiling to your living room? I think it would look much cleaner..
Nah, I like the high ceilings.  Plus it wouldn't work with the way the window is on the wall.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I'm not a fan of the paint job with all the different colored walls. With that great space I would have done one clean color.

The place was boring all white, so I didn't want to make it all just another color.  The majority is gray, but I think the smaller accent walls of color really liven the place up.

nice spot 4w
pimp.gif

Very nice place 4Wrestling.  The exposed brick looks pretty good and the appliances are on point as well.  My bachelor pad is over with in about 2 weeks.  Me and my soon to be wife will be living together, but it was fun while it lasted.  If you have a bachelor pad take care of it mos def.

i was looking a this living room and dinning room set for my place i found on http://www.modernlinefurniture.com and i was wondering was $1,999 cheap, its say its supposed to be $4,999 but i see other stuff that say even more so i was wondering does that mean the furniture is made cheap or badly.?
comes with:

sofa, love seat, chair, ottoman, living room table, dinning room table and four chairs.......  seem like a lot for a little must be cheap right? 

how do you you fellows keep your spot smelling fresh? i have a air wick auto spray thing but spell dont last

Originally Posted by sbfreak

i was looking a this living room and dinning room set for my place i found on http://www.modernlinefurniture.com and i was wondering was $1,999 cheap, its say its supposed to be $4,999 but i see other stuff that say even more so i was wondering does that mean the furniture is made cheap or badly.?
comes with:

sofa, love seat, chair, ottoman, living room table, dinning room table and four chairs.......  seem like a lot for a little must be cheap right? 

2k seems really cheap for an entire set like that. It might be made out of cheap material and I don't know if it's just me but the couches seem pretty low to the ground. I'm not a fan of buying furniture without seeing it in person first so I'd try and check it out before purchasing.

I would never recommend ordering any type of furniture on-line. I'm all about quality and with furniture you want top notch construction. I have to be there to inspect what im looking at.

shake n bake718, solesavage. Thanks i was thinking the same thing.

ok, but the other thing is i fly for free with and i just found out the place is in NJ, so i might fly up and check it out in person or even order there if its not to bad and have it shipped back to my place if its ok.

BUt i really dont know what to look for in a good quality leather set..... Is it the feel, or what?

Originally Posted by HTXMade

how do you you fellows keep your spot smelling fresh? i have a air wick auto spray thing but spell dont last

Don't live like a pig, and it will smell fine.

ok, but the other thing is i fly for free with and i just found out the place is in NJ, so i might fly up and check it out in person or even order there if its not to bad and have it shipped back to my place if its ok.

BUt i really dont know what to look for in a good quality leather set..... Is it the feel, or what?
Like Shake and Sole said, I would advise against buying a couch online.  Especially from a website like the one you linked that seems to have every couch ever made on the site.  This means the site is just a middle man from the manufacturer, which means if there are problems with the couch once you get it, you will go through major headaches getting it fixed.

If you are going to order online, I would suggest a site like Overstock because their customer service is awesome.

Before I bought my sectional, I looked through a million websites, but decided to pay more to buy something I could see and more importantly sit on in person (I got mine from West Elm).

As for how to tell if it's good leather, you'll just know.  Just like you can tell the difference between the leather on a pair of 1998 AF1's and a pair of 2010 Retro Jordans.  Cheap leather will feel like plastic and will probably have cheap stitching.

THANKS 4wrestling, I WILL CHECK OVERSTOCK AND OTHER LOCAL PLACES OUT. MAYBE EVEN GO SOMEWHERE WAY OUT OF THE BUDGET JUST TO CHECK THE FEEL. BUT IF ITS AS EASY A SNEAKER QUALITY IT SHOULD BE A PIECE OF CAKE

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Like Shake and Sole said, I would advise against buying a couch online.  Especially from a website like the one you linked that seems to have every couch ever made on the site.  This means the site is just a middle man from the manufacturer, which means if there are problems with the couch once you get it, you will go through major headaches getting it fixed.

If you are going to order online, I would suggest a site like Overstock because their customer service is awesome.

Before I bought my sectional, I looked through a million websites, but decided to pay more to buy something I could see and more importantly sit on in person (I got mine from West Elm).

As for how to tell if it's good leather, you'll just know.  Just like you can tell the difference between the leather on a pair of 1998 AF1's and a pair of 2010 Retro Jordans.  Cheap leather will feel like plastic and will probably have cheap stitching.

4Wrestling pretty much covered everything you need to look for. I'm not talking about getting all anal about inspecting the sofa. Obvious things, like feel, smell(if leather), STITCHING all around the sofa. Make sure there are no visible nails, staples that can hurt someone. Lay on it to make sure its durable, and not cheap/flimsy feeling like a swapmeet futon that has no padding. LOL

My cousin recently paid over $2g's for his sofa set. The supposedly "leather" fabric tore in half on one of the cusions LOL, Turns out the "leather" was only used in certain areas. He had no warranty, and now he has to cover up the tear with a blanket, smh.   

for odor, i recommend ONA (odor neutralizing agent). i don't like scented stuff and it can sometimes irritate friends/guests.

That bachelor pad is amazing up there. Not sure about the studio though. Maybe... you could tell a girl you're a big producer, show her the studio, then promise her to hear some music, but first... she must engage in sexual activities with you. Bam, 3 points.

Back
Top Bottom