Bachelor Pad.

Y’all ever apply to a place without even looking at it in person?
no, but this is the norm in markets where the demand is high? To make a long winded post short(er), sick building syndrome is possibly a very real phenomena and so are lazy landlords who clean an apartment once every 30 years.

Just asking because finding time to Set up a appointment to look at places is so difficult , but have driven to places and looked around the area and the buildings to get a feel of the environment though

They have a bunch of new (well, or renovated and repurposed buildings) that are loft spaces like all wide open space with no bedrooms. I'm tempted but I dont even know how I'd begin to furnish that

Y’all ever apply to a place without even looking at it in person?

The place I'm in now. It was a risk, but it worked out in the end. I probably won't do it again just because I realized how many things could have gone wrong.. didn't like the layout, poor lighting, worse condition than pictures showed, etc.

The number of shoes that I own have dropped down significantly.

May have to just go the Container Store route to keep the closet organized.

Dam didn’t know that vacuums could be that expensive , what’s a good one y’all would reccomend for mostly Carpet

Fam if the crib is mainly carpet, then spend the money on a good vacuum cleaner. I run a mid-level Dirt Devil which I paid < $150 CDN (and is probably as the lower end of the vacuum spectrum) but I only have carpet in my bedroom and the bed frame damn near takes up most of the room.

Some of the upper level Dirt Devil and Hoover joints might be OK vs. the super expensive Dyson joints.

I think a full-size bed is the biggest bed you could fit in the room, including a small dresser.

Queen may take up your entire room lol

When I moved into Manhattan with my girl, she moved from a big 2 bedroom (with roommate) and I moved from a nice-sized 1 bedroom into a pretty small 1 bedroom. The living area and kitchen aren’t too small, but the bedroom is maybe a tad smaller than the one mentioned. There was no way I saw sleeping every night in a full, so we went queen and it does take up the majority of the room, but we just had to get creative with storage.

Doesn’t help that I have over 60 pairs of sneakers and 160 bottles of whiskey here, think it’s time to sell some of each or move into something bigger.

Bought a gallon of vinegar and poured a bunch into multiple cups and placed them around the apartment will try that odoban on the walls next

Buy an ozone generator on Amazon. I got one for like $70, because our basement flooded and I wanted to kill the smell down there.
Ozonator. You don't need to buy one. You can rent a good sized one. Leave it running overnight with you not in the apartment. Read up on the science of it. Works really well.

Back
Top Bottom