Bachelor Pad.

memphissfinest memphissfinest thanks for the progress update! The cave is coming along very nicely! 2 play 5s and a sub down there... sick!

Have you considered LEDs behind the tv? Seems like it would go with the vibe down there. I’ve seen some done tastefully and others where it looks kind of corny but I think you can pull it off.

memphissfinest memphissfinest playa the basement is fire!!

Is that olive 9s I see:nerd:

YES SIR! ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

memphissfinest memphissfinest thanks for the progress update! The cave is coming along very nicely! 2 play 5s and a sub down there... sick!

Have you considered LEDs behind the tv? Seems like it would go with the vibe down there. I’ve seen some done tastefully and others where it looks kind of corny but I think you can pull it off.

THE COMBO OF PLAY 5’S, SUB, AND SOUNDBAR IS UNREAL. IT STRAIGHT BOOMS IN THE BASEMENT ON ONLY 25% SETTING. ONE DAY I WILL TEST 100% LOL.

AND I’LL BE GETTING SOME LED STRIPS FOR BEHIND THE TV. JUST WAITING TO SEE IF I CAN GRAB A GOOD DEAL ON THE PHILLIPS HUES.

Been abt a week since I set up the Simplisafe alarm. Caught a crazy deal on amazon and I've been happy with it. Got a couple Wyze Cams that are better than the Simplicam. Probably gonna get the Simplisafe doorbell plus the spotlight cam and locks when they release.

ABAB232D-4317-47E9-A01F-CCE674AB3B82.jpeg

AA009C57-E50A-4C8B-B565-0CEE65B782BD.jpeg

6C9B7275-CA23-4233-8806-162377961851.jpeg

5B7C3DEC-0511-4CED-A0FD-8CEA193056AC.jpeg

AD76DFB3-7EAC-4C78-9725-CABD1E88AF3C.jpeg

3679B3B7-B050-4FDB-88B2-37A30B0EB6F5.jpeg

ED65B8D4-B1F7-4308-A4E4-0157204E4BF0.jpeg

Info on shoe displays and coffee table display? Wouldn't mind building that coffee table one.

Edit: I see the drop front boxes on the top, but what is under?

Last edited:
Anyone have a West Elm Henry Sofa? I’m picking up an 86” tomorrow morning. I’m wondering how they hold up over time.

Also, I’ve been looking into the puffy mattress. I know purple has been the move in here but wouldn’t mind some other brand reviews.

Info on shoe displays and coffee table display? Wouldn't mind building that coffee table one.

Edit: I see the drop front boxes on the top, but what is under?

THE SHOES ARE DISPLAYED IN AN IKEA BILLY CABINET WITH IKEA MORLIDEN GLASS DOORS. IT IS THE SAME CABINET THAT I AM USING FOR THE HOT TOYS FIGURES BUT HALF HEIGHT INSTEAD OF FULL HEIGHT.

THE COFFEE TABLE DISPLAY I BUILT, PAINTED AND LIT MYSELF FROM WOOD AND CUSTOM CUT ACRYLIC

1A2388D3-0304-4F03-B78E-4EFDB5DAF0FC.jpeg

998E4BD6-A778-4EE7-AE88-A4D1E8FEEB51.jpeg

9D66C999-96EB-46BE-A561-57F3F429067D.jpeg

35368063-9380-4E5F-8B04-DF1913BBDC5E.jpeg

THE SHOES ARE DISPLAYED IN AN IKEA BILLY CABINET WITH IKEA MORLIDEN GLASS DOORS. IT IS THE SAME CABINET THAT I AM USING FOR THE HOT TOYS FIGURES BUT HALF HEIGHT INSTEAD OF FULL HEIGHT.

THE COFFEE TABLE DISPLAY I BUILT, PAINTED AND LIT MYSELF FROM WOOD AND CUSTOM CUT ACRYLIC

1A2388D3-0304-4F03-B78E-4EFDB5DAF0FC.jpeg

998E4BD6-A778-4EE7-AE88-A4D1E8FEEB51.jpeg

9D66C999-96EB-46BE-A561-57F3F429067D.jpeg

35368063-9380-4E5F-8B04-DF1913BBDC5E.jpeg

Very dope bro. That's gonna stay a 1 of 1 lol. I am not gonna put in that much lol work (I should but I know it would come out lop-sided) but it came out great!

Last edited:
Wow

This thread has come along way from the beginning. I remember we were obsessing over copping those white lights from Ikea a few years back.

Rented out my bachelor pad in DC a few months back. Actually going to downgrade and cop a condo in DC in a few years with the plan of renting that out in the future as well. Looking at 1BR/1BA so a lot of good inspiration in here

Few pics from my listing before the tenants moved in

246rwxc.jpg

28ch5y8.jpg

jb436c.jpg

Last edited:
Very dope bro. That's gonna stay a 1 of 1 lol. I am not gonna put in that much lol work (I should but I know it would come out lop-sided) but it came out great!

MAN, IT WAS DUMB EASY TO DO. IF YOU HAVE A POWER SAW THAT IS :lol:

GRAB SOME 2x2'S FROM HOME DEPOT AND CUT THEM TO LENGTH THEN MITER 45 DEGREE CUTS ON EACH END PIECE. WOOD GLUE EACH END PIECE AND SHORE IT UP WITH A NAIL GUN. PAINT IT AND THE BASE WILL BE DONE. GET ACRYLIC CUT FROM YOUR LOCAL PLASTIC SUPPLIER. YOU CAN LOOK UP ACRYLIC WELD(GLUE) VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE ON JOINING THEM TOGETHER. SUPER EASY TO DO AND ACTUALLY PRETTY FUN LOL. THE ACRYLIC TOP LITERALLY JUST SITS ON TOP OF THE WOOD BASE. IT ISN'T ATTACHED AT ALL. IT'S PRETTY HEAVY SO IT THERE ISN'T ANY MOVEMENT. IF I NEED TO CHANGE WHAT'S IN THE DISPLAY, I NEED HELP LIFTING IT OFF THE BASE.

I AM $250 ALL IN ON THE DISPLAY TABLE, WHEREAS, MULTIPLE PLACES QUOTED ME $1500-$2000 TO BUILD IT.

Wow

This thread has come along way from the beginning. I remember we were obsessing over copping those white lights from Ikea a few years back.

Rented out my bachelor pad in DC a few months back. Actually going to downgrade and cop a condo in DC in a few months with the plan of renting that out in the future as well. Looking at 1BR/1BA so a lot of good inspiration in here

Few pics from my listing before the tenants moved in

246rwxc.jpg

28ch5y8.jpg

jb436c.jpg

VERY DOPE! NICELY STAGED AS WELL OR ARE YOU RENTING FULLY FURNISHED?

Anyone mount their own TVs? I have two that I need to mount and have never done this before. Feel like I should just pay for it

Don’t pay for it, it’s really easy to do. I’m sure you know someone who would help you if you didn’t want to attempt it yourself.

I’ve been mounting TVs on the wall for years, pretty simple... Need a stud finder, leveler and measuring tape

But the other week I ran into a fireblock, which was the first time I ever had to deal with it... That’s when it becomes tricky to hide the wires if that’s what you want also

I still haven’t figured out how to run the wires through the fire block :lol:

Back
Top Bottom