Bachelor Pad.

I'm just not trying to screw it up but one of my boys said he does it all the time so I will lean on him for help.

I’ve been mounting TVs on the wall for years, pretty simple... Need a stud finder, leveler and measuring tape

But the other week I ran into a fireblock, which was the first time I ever had to deal with it... That’s when it becomes tricky to hide the wires if that’s what you want also

I still haven’t figured out how to run the wires through the fire block :lol:
Might have to get in the attic and use a drill extension/ flex bit

I’ve been mounting TVs on the wall for years, pretty simple... Need a stud finder, leveler and measuring tape

But the other week I ran into a fireblock, which was the first time I ever had to deal with it... That’s when it becomes tricky to hide the wires if that’s what you want also

I still haven’t figured out how to run the wires through the fire block :lol:

Ran into a fire block in my living room when I was trying to fish speaker wire and was heated. Never figured it out either. The videos on YouTube were too much work.

Mounting isn't difficult. Adding the outlet behind the TV can be a bit challenging. I recommend a recessed outlet instead of the regular flat ones

I can never read your posts Memph without thinking you're shouting man :lol:.
Been on NT for 6 years and I have yet to get used to it :rofl:.

image.jpg

Closest spot to the tv

F7A1C5BD-DD2D-4C0C-8CB6-338412C6C85D.jpeg
74627D07-0638-4B76-9FAE-832D761E5AA2.jpeg
Ended up going with two small sectionals

https://www.dyson.com/sticks/dyson-...VDNbACh1wQAUFEAQYASABEgJIOfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Best price I’d find on a dyson cordless vac? Also, anyone have one. I run my Roomba more than anything but this would also come in handy.
That's how much I got mine for on Black Friday. I love it, but I also run my Roomba more often for day-to-day cleaning. Had an engagement party at my place after proposing to my girlfriend last Friday, and the Dyson was amazing for cleaning before and after. It's really light and only runs while you have the button pressed, so it's great for spot/area cleaning. The 20-30 minute run time is very accurate though, the V7 will die pretty quick if you have a place larger than like 1200 sf. I haven't used it in my car yet, but the attachments it comes with look like they'll be great for doing that.

39E3A2A3-66CA-4F88-BDC9-90A4CE5679F6.jpeg
Grabbed this earlier today. My new spot is less than 700sq ft, but in the city so I may actually switch this out for the hepa model, now I think of it.

If this works better, I may just keep the Roomba at the current unit.

tmay407 tmay407 congrats on your engagement bro!

Last edited:
Best smart lock?

Thinking of going with simplisafe for camera and alarm.

Any recommendations?

I have an iPhone if that matters

Simplisafe is supposed to have a smart lock coming out soon. Not sure when

Edit: unless I’m mistaken for compatibility of the August smart lock and not their own version

Last edited:
That’s the smart lock 3rd generation. It requires you buying extra equipment to be able to utilize all the smart features. The smart lock pro is more expensive but includes everything you need to be able to take advantage of it. My favorite part is that it allows you to retain the original outer lock so it doesn’t look like you have anything.

Back
Top Bottom