Bachelor Pad.

^ also you could think about painting your room. An all white room looks boring and plain.

The different color wood blinds and raggity curtains in the bedroom aren't doing any favors either.

And like Chino said... PAINT.

I have no idea how much this would cost, but I would get the floors restored/polished. They look beat to hell but would probably look really nice if they were looking new again.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Originally Posted by jhova718

BUMP

i literally just "moved in"

messy and not much stuff but i need suggestions.

help me out

392581682.jpg

392581656.jpg

take all the posters down.

get new matching blinders. the ones you have are different colors. dont like the wood color but if you insist get it to match the wood of your bed

your picture frames dont match and look like they are floating independently. try to have some order with them

buy matching curtain rods. nailing curtains to your wall is not wussup

buy a coffee table. you seem to have a lot of crap so if you buy a chest coffee table colabo it might help you 2 ways
ditto on all the above.
them posters.. oh man
alien.gif

get a piece of large art for the big wall.
invest in a nice large armoire for your stuff.

If I imagine the room correctly. you could also possibly change the orientation of the sofa and bed (parallel to each other) so that you use the sofa to section off the "bedroom" area with the "living room/TV" area.  Move the TV to where you have all your shoes.  Put the armoire you buy on the wall across from your bed.
Taking from this, I'd set it up that way and behind the sofa, I'd set up a large unit of storage cubes as a divider, approx 6' tall.  You could use the lower shelves behind the sofa to store your sneakers if need be, those would only be visible from the "bedroom" side. 

Your bed and sofa look like they're worth saving which is good because those can be big ticket items.  Get rid of everything you've got on the walls (if it's something sentimental, frame it), including those blinds and drapey/fabric.  That tall cabinet in the corner looks like it might be salvageable, the others look cheap and like crap.

^Yea I know, I was jk. Just that people are telling him to a 100 things. Must be overwhelming/frustrating.

Any of y'all know a good place to get some nice pieces of large art like Dirty was suggesting?  I have a large blank wall that needs filling.  I was thinking about rasterbating something, but I think it looks kinda tacky.

Edit:  I was thinking of something like these that I found from greatbigcanvas.com.  They are about 72" to 90" long.  Pretty much about the size I need

Traffic-road-San-Francisco-California.jpg

Palm-tree-beach-Moana-Beach-Bora-Bora-Tahiti-French-Polynesia-35215.jpg

I ordered all of the artwork in my place from Overstock.com. I'm very happy with all of them.

That city scene is really nice.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I have no idea how much this would cost, but I would get the floors restored/polished. They look beat to hell but would probably look really nice if they were looking new again.
word! my man look like he living @the old boston garden

Has anyone purchased canvas art from deviantart. Or other places where they take an image and make it into canvas art. Never purchased art before so don't know the process. I like some of the images on that site but was wondering if they turn out good and are worth the price.

Made a few mods nothing major but pics up ts weekend.

Btw im painting my room this weekend, what are some recommendations for color schemes. I have black furniture if that helps and I was thinking of some sort of purple or red...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Wow some of these places have my exact style. Modern and minimalist, wood floors is a must.

That's all I want out of my place.

Originally Posted by jhova718

Made a few mods nothing major but pics up ts weekend.

Btw im painting my room this weekend, what are some recommendations for color schemes. I have black furniture if that helps and I was thinking of some sort of purple or red...
I don't think I could sleep in a bedroom either of those colors...I need something relaxing...Black furniture?...I'd rock out with a Blue like the French Blue AJ13's
...but in the end...it's all about personal preference...and really.. paint is easy to fix/redo if you don't like it.

I loving this tread to the fullest. Oh boy's room does look a bit on the downfall but those suggestions in my mind made that room legit. I want to see some after pics.

I will be moving soon and will be needing advice as well.

As far as art. I am also an art manager and dealer and this is my main client if yall like his work let me know. I'm currently working on a site and other details. http://omararcega.blogspot.com/

Anyone know of any bachelor pads to rent or lease in Dallas,TX? there was a thread that was good for this questions but i lost it.

Ordered the coffee table I posted earlier on this page. It will be here the 2nd-3rd week of November. Pics to follow of course.

Moved into this studio last month out here in San Francisco (Inner Sunset). Just thought I'd share what I've done w/ the place so far and hopefully get some suggestions.

33605_1629340701956_1489758369_1596191_8073832_n.jpg

Sam Flores pillow
63004_1629341661980_1489758369_1596199_7438079_n.jpg

work space
58100_1629341261970_1489758369_1596196_4099727_n.jpg

Alex Pardee artwork clock I put together
46991_1629340341947_1489758369_1596188_1739086_n.jpg

39570_1629340221944_1489758369_1596187_2368440_n.jpg

39560_1629341381973_1489758369_1596197_4403742_n.jpg

58105_1629340021939_1489758369_1596186_3540257_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom