Bachelor Pad.

$108 is an amazing price for a good looking coffee table. I paid nearly $600 for mine.

I may jump on this for my front room.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

$108 is an amazing price for a good looking coffee table. I paid nearly $600 for mine.

I may jump on this for my front room.

I might get it, I have others things to buy too so Im trying to keep costs down.

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Info on the rug please!
eek.gif

Sorry man.  I searched but wasn't able to find where I bought it from.  I know I got it online.  It 6' x 9'.

No receipt or anything? Let me buy it off you
roll.gif

Its going to be impossible for me to find it so if you ever run into it let me know please.

I found my order history.  Here you go.  It's sold out, but hopefully you can find it on another site.

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=213270948

Good looking out. Doesn't help much but I can work with this i guess. Do you have a sku # or the name of the company that made the rug?

Quick question guides about prices. How much is a good price to pay for a bedroom set? I am talking about something along the lines of 1 bedframe, nightstand, and probably 2 dressers. Also do you guys think Ikeas prices are good? I have never gone furniture shopping to actual done the price comparison so maybe thats where I need to start.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Quick question guides about prices. How much is a good price to pay for a bedroom set? I am talking about something along the lines of 1 bedframe, nightstand, and probably 2 dressers. Also do you guys think Ikeas prices are good? I have never gone furniture shopping to actual done the price comparison so maybe thats where I need to start.

It's been said a lot of times in this thread.  Ikea stuff is a good price, but it depends what you plan on using it for.  If it's for a dorm or college apartment, then it's a great buy.  But if you plan on actually starting a home with it, I would look elsewhere.  Ikea's quality is not very good.  Most everything is just cheap particle board.

For me, I bought my couch in store (West Elm) because I wasn't going to buy one without sitting on it.  But most everything else was purchased online.  I've gotten a lot of things from Overstock who have very good prices.  But everything I purchased from them had multiple reviews, so I had at least some idea of what I was buying.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I remember viewing that art work someone posted a few months ago in this thread, got the same as a gift over the holidays.
Finally put it up yesterday.

dsc00551k.jpg
Do you live in a commercial building? I've never seen a drop T bar ceiling in a house.

I dont have a bed yet, I bought a brand new mattress/box spring with new comforter/sheets etc. I guess I need a bed, but for now im fine just having the rails.

You dont really realize how much stuff you gotta buy, til you actually move in and start looking at each room lol

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I dont have a bed yet, I bought a brand new mattress/box spring with new comforter/sheets etc. I guess I need a bed, but for now im fine just having the rails.

You dont really realize how much stuff you gotta buy, til you actually move in and start looking at each room lol

Truth. Im still remodeling rooms are are "remodeled". Ive learned soo much since then and fixing little things that I rushed back when I first bought my spot.  Z gallerie and Restoration Hardware are my new Niketown and Footlocker
laugh.gif

Info on the rug please!
eek.gif

Sorry man.  I searched but wasn't able to find where I bought it from.  I know I got it online.  It 6' x 9'.

roll.gif

Its going to be impossible for me to find it so if you ever run into it let me know please.

I found my order history.  Here you go.  It's sold out, but hopefully you can find it on another site.

Good looking out. Doesn't help much but I can work with this i guess. Do you have a sku # or the name of the company that made the rug?

They sell shag rugs at Ikea.

Info on the rug please!
eek.gif

roll.gif

6' x 9' Spectrum Cotton Canvas Backing Shag Rug, Frost Gray
* Marketplace Item -- Shipped by: Natural Area Rugs

Im gonna be getting my own place this summer time (hopefully) don't know if im gonna be rooming with my boy or if im gonna be getting a studio joint, any tips ideas? such as cheap but good quality furniture?
pimp.gif

I just graduated college and had to move back with my folks which is cool because they dont care about what i do but nothing beats having ur own spot and really doing what u wanna do. Damn u economy

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Ditto on 4wrestling response. IKEA is probably not going to last you a long time, but certain pieces can be pretty good if you don't expect much wear and tear.

It's even harder if you are still finishing up grad school. Just gotta do it piece by piece
ohwell.gif

dont rush to be on your "own". if your people are cool enough to let you stay home for free..save up...pay off all your debt then move out. I see so many people thinking they doing it cause they young and on their own but get foreclosed on a couple years later. I chose to be on my own even when my mom was cool about me being home but I struggled cause I forgot that with mortgage comes insurance and taxes not to mention utilities.

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwel

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I remember viewing that art work someone posted a few months ago in this thread, got the same as a gift over the holidays.
Do you live in a commercial building? I've never seen a drop T bar ceiling in a house.

Basement apartment, just saving some $$$ for now until August.

Originally Posted by chris steez

Im gonna be getting my own place this summer time (hopefully) don't know if im gonna be rooming with my boy or if im gonna be getting a studio joint, any tips ideas? such as cheap but good quality furniture?
pimp.gif

Overstock is always good.  Just keep an eye on reviews.  Price range?
EDIT: Oh, and go for the studio if you can afford it if you've never lived with your homie before.  You don't wanna messy-+*# rommate #!@*@% up the new furniture you just got.

what do you guys think of this?

its a little more than I wanna spend, and im not sure im in love with the idea of a glass top coffee table...I like the look of this, pretty modern

L80001763a.jpg

At 108, that's an easy purchase.  I feel like if you are budgeting for furniture and decorations you should still always have a statement piece in the room.  If 108 is kinda stretchin your wallet a bit too much, get it and skimp a little bit on the other stuff around it (rug, tv stand, etc.).  The quality of the coffee table in the room should help elevate the aesthetics of the rest of  the furniture.  However, don't go too wild and be puttin this nice table on newspaper.

Can anyone recommend me a desk that's less than 31 inches wide and 26 inches deep? I need enough room to do homework and study in and hold my laptop, computer, and printer.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

what do you guys think of this?

its a little more than I wanna spend, and im not sure im in love with the idea of a glass top coffee table...I like the look of this, pretty modern

L80001763a.jpg

At 108, that's an easy purchase.  I feel like if you are budgeting for furniture and decorations you should still always have a statement piece in the room.  If 108 is kinda stretchin your wallet a bit too much, get it and skimp a little bit on the other stuff around it (rug, tv stand, etc.).  The quality of the coffee table in the room should help elevate the aesthetics of the rest of  the furniture.  However, don't go too wild and be puttin this nice table on newspaper.

ordered this morning
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom