Bachelor Pad.

ideal flooring?
dark wood floors, ceramic tile or traverntine?  tile and traverntine with diagonal lay.
also do you guys prefer carpet in the bedroom?

Originally Posted by pdot

Any A/V heads in here?

My theater room. Approx. 25 ft x 12 ft.

aue1iq.jpg

Got 2 quotes, but not really sure which one to go with...
photo.JPG
photo.JPG

Freaking looks just like my room I posted pics of the finished room basically a little bit ago

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Any A/V heads in here?

aue1iq.jpg

photo.JPG
photo.JPG

Freaking looks just like my room I posted pics of the finished room basically a little bit ago

What is that bright light?!
IMO I'd get a nice Yamaha A/V receiver.  Klipsch 8" sub would be sufficient for the room size.  The Klipsch I have has the sub pointed down towards the floor.
HDMI cables, preferably w/ 'gold' connectors.  Monster PowerSupply/Surge protector.  MUST get a universal remote.

You can always try a digital projector, but I'm more a fan of plasma or LED TVs.

Originally Posted by dlsilva21

Pictures of my kitchen. I really need to get some pics of my bedroom but it's a mess in there because I can't get rid of my old sleighbed. I got a newer contemporary one because the sleighbed just didn't flow. Any suggestions are welcome.

41840482.jpg

nt2n.jpg
Your kitchen looks like a medical lab with the white and gray.  Can you change the lighting?  recessed lighting?  That flourescent light is way too white.

Hardwood > *

If you put carpet in the kitchen or bathrooms like one guy mentioned it's a terrible idea. The water will seep under and build mold. With hardwood you can just leave it to dry or wipe it. If you don't want hardwood in the kitchen and bathroom, tile is another option cause it's easy to clean.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Hardwood > *

If you put carpet in the kitchen or bathrooms like one guy mentioned it's a terrible idea. The water will seep under and build mold. With hardwood you can just leave it to dry or wipe it. If you don't want hardwood in the kitchen and bathroom, tile is another option cause it's easy to clean.
If you're referring to me, I said, "Hardwoods everywhere except for where there is a water source or could be water: kitchens, bathrooms, mudrooms/laundrys. Carpeting in bedrooms is a matter of preference, I can go for it in a finished basement/family room too."

I wasn't completely clear about it but I didn't mean carpet in kitchen or bathrooms, I meant tile in lieu of hardwoods.  Biggest statement was not hardwoods in the bathroom or a mudroom or anywhere there's a water source, it's prone to buckling or cupping.  DEFINITELY wouldn't do carpet in the kitchen or bathroom though, just to clarify.  I have seen it in some 70s bathrooms and it's a terrible idea but I've never actually seen carpet in a kitchen.  I just prefer tile in a kitchen because of the heat of a kitchen as well as the contrast with wood cabinets.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

still looking for some opinions on decorating my den........if anyone has any!

I would get a small area rug, maybe a round one under the coffee table.  It would make the room look much warmer.  And based on my latest additions, a plant or two really adds some nice character to the room.
But if you have a free weekend, just bite the bullet and paint the place.  It will make a huge difference.

Originally Posted by capricdragon

Any A/V heads in here?

aue1iq.jpg

photo.JPG
photo.JPG

IMO I'd get a nice Yamaha A/V receiver.  Klipsch 8" sub would be sufficient for the room size.  The Klipsch I have has the sub pointed down towards the floor.
HDMI cables, preferably w/ 'gold' connectors.  Monster PowerSupply/Surge protector.  MUST get a universal remote.

You can always try a digital projector, but I'm more a fan of plasma or LED TVs.

The light is just the recessed lighting in the room (I used my phone to take that pic).

Here's what I'm being offered – both include projectors...

Quote 1 (more expensive):
2dkjcx.jpg

2dccny8.jpg

Quote 2:
24ywx9g.jpg

veod9z.jpg

Any A/V heads in here?

aue1iq.jpg

photo.JPG
photo.JPG

8"? Please
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

8"? Please
laugh.gif
Check out my last post (previous page, last reply).
All the specs I'm being offered are there.

I have to imagine that it would be much cheaper to buy the components on your own and then just hire someone to install.

I have to imagine that it would be much cheaper to buy the components on your own and then just hire someone to install.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

You're 100% right, but I don't have the patience or know-how to do so.
I just want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck.

At least buy the HDMI cables yourself.  I can only imagine the type of markup they are going to put on those.

At least buy the HDMI cables yourself.  I can only imagine the type of markup they are going to put on those.
zx3a4x.jpg

zx3a4x.jpg
that's a damn shame 
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

still looking for some opinions on decorating my den........if anyone has any!

I would get a small area rug, maybe a round one under the coffee table.  It would make the room look much warmer.  And based on my latest additions, a plant or two really adds some nice character to the room.
But if you have a free weekend, just bite the bullet and paint the place.  It will make a huge difference.

the dining area is painted. I cant really paint the den area because the walls extend up the stairwell and there is no breaking point...id literally have to paint up the stairwell and all the halls up there. Im not about to do that haha

what type of rug do you suggest?

are these any good?

Im not an a/v guy.......so can you take something like these and hook them directly to the tv or do you HAVE to have a receiver? All I have hooked to my tv is a digital cable box an an XBox

http://www.google.com/pro...8wIwAQ&biw=1131&***=686#

I have a question.

Say you were to get a fabric sectional, should you get a fabric chair too or would leather be fine?

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I moved in back in Feb. Just finished decorating room, still feels like Im missing something tho... 
396464006.jpg

Bathroom...

396464008.jpg

396464002.jpg

I copped this from Ikea for the dining area wall. 55x78 on sale for &150

396464009.jpg

Im hooking the living room up as we speak. Getting some good ideas outa this thread.
pimp.gif
I just got my couch in, gota find a nice rug and entertainment stand. 
Its only like 800 square feet.
x2_4793c04

x2_4793ae5

DMoney that's a pretty clean setup. I'm trying to get an IKEA bed frame like that and then a matching nightstand and dresser as well.

What's the most comfortable mattress out?

Just moved into a new spot, so these would be the before/in progress pics  
laugh.gif

When you walk in the door

Kitchen

gotta have that laundrylol

Left side bathroom/room

pic of living room and entrance to the right side room

in the right side room

Not that big a place, but it's cozy.  Living and dining room furniture coming soon
laugh.gif

000000088524.jpg

suggestions are welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom