Bachelor Pad.

My NYC throw pillows came today from Fab.  I think they're awesome.
img1997kq.jpg

img1998ih.jpg

img1999r.jpg

Also got these slate coasters from Fab.

img2009yn.jpg

Cool stuff Marc, I should be at the new spot by November 1st with Sunday NFL ticket.
pimp.gif

4wrestling, pillows are real dope.

I need some ideas for furniture to go with this color flooring (its a bit lighter, no flash), its the tenants previous belongings.

2e4hlzb.jpg

maybe a dark grey,micro fiber kinda material, or possibly chocolate. Its a corner brownstone building so is very well lit, so I can take some chances.

Figured a 2-3 seater coach, and a small love seat of a different texture/material.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Cool stuff Marc, I should be at the new spot by November 1st with Sunday NFL ticket.
pimp.gif

4wrestling, pillows are real dope.

I need some ideas for furniture to go with this color flooring (its a bit lighter, no flash), its the tenants previous belongings.

mail

maybe a dark grey,micro fiber kinda material, or possibly chocolate. Its a corner brownstone building so is very well lit, so I can take some chances.

Figured a 2-3 seater coach, and a small love seat of a different texture/material.

Picture not working

I think charcoal is the perfect color to go with those floors.  Chocolate would be too much brown for my liking.

Check out the Blue Dot 20/20 sale on Fab.  They have some nice sofas on sale.

67941711.jpg

55150126.jpg

66532821.jpg

48046279.jpg

65692614.jpg

payday in a week and a half. Gonna go HAM when it comes to buying furniture. Feels like the place could use some brightening up

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Ordered 2 awesome pillows from Fab.com to go with my white sofa.
Probably more than I wanted to pay for pillows, but I thought these were too cool to pass up.

Photography is from NYC.

pillow1.jpg

pillow2p.jpg

nice

I guess i should have put this in here... thanks guys

Just bought a house and i'm looking for a leather sectional. Really was looking at the maxwell in brompton cocoa leather from Restoration Hardware but a 8-10k its just out of our budget...

http://www.restorationhar...96&categoryId=cat1537037

Looking to spend around the 5k range for a clone or something similar. Does anyone have experience with any sites with similar product with a better price??

some i'm thinking about

http://www.leathergroups....rner-Sectional-Sofa.html

http://cascobayfurniture....es.php?CDpath=11&pID=130

Hey guys, got a question. Moved into my studio but there is barely any furniture. i'm one of those people that like to have guests over alot but I haven't sinc ei barely have any place to seat them. Is it worth getting some cheap furniture just to have vs saving up a few months for some fancy stuff. This is what I had in mind

http://www.target.com/p/C...on-Sofa-Bed/-/A-13627054

Toss this, a couple of stools, and an Ottoman and all of a sudden I have seating for 7 at my place. What y'all think

you right - My first question is, are you in a city area where there are multiple stores available for you to visit? Or are you in a rural area where you are restricted to mostly shopping online?

I ask because I found with furniture shopping for me, being in Philly, I was able to get out to a ton of different furniture stores to see different designs, and more importantly for leather, feel the different types of leather.

For $5000, you'll still be able to get a great leather sectional, but if for instance, you were going to cut it down to $2k, the leather might become really plasticy and uncomfortable.

I bought my white leather sofa (which I love) from http://www.motiffurniture.com/. I would suggest checking them out.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Hey guys, got a question. Moved into my studio but there is barely any furniture. i'm one of those people that like to have guests over alot but I haven't sinc ei barely have any place to seat them. Is it worth getting some cheap furniture just to have vs saving up a few months for some fancy stuff. This is what I had in mind

http://www.target.com/p/C...on-Sofa-Bed/-/A-13627054

Toss this, a couple of stools, and an Ottoman and all of a sudden I have seating for 7 at my place. What y'all think
Before I bought my condo, I came from an apartment where I had an Ikea futon and basically folding chairs for people to sit on when they came over.  I knew I wasn't going to be there that long (I ended up being there 4 years, but regardless...) and I wasn't going to buy nice furniture for a spot that wasn't semi-permanent.
My personal opinion, and this is strictly based on if you have the budget available, is to buy 1 nice piece (sofa most likely) and then just get a few real cheap chairs from Target, Walmart, Ikea, etc to give the option for extra seating.  I wouldn't buy a cheap sofa just to have it because you're just taking away a few hundred dollars from a nicer sofa that you would eventually be able to get.

Marc that couch is nice you should jump on that deal.

4wrstling, I agree the chocolate may be overdoing it, grey was certainly my first choice, this one looks very nice as an example that you shared: (may go for one with 3 seats)

55150126.jpg

My only concern is what color furniture to go with, especially since ALL electronic devices are black so I will def not get black furniture (ie TV stand to hide all electronic devices, coffee table, and 4 seater table to eat which will be closeby). I am big on woods though (nh).
Perhaps a white tv stand for the clean look? Small dinner table can be a nuetral wood color, I would have to decide on a coffee table (preferrably with storage) along with a pet friendly rug.

laugh.gif
Thank you, thank you. I am also a big fan of the floors. Now I need prints, guess I'll check out fab? Any other suggestions?

Thats what I would use it for, my couch needs arm rests though
laugh.gif

Love the floors in the photo above, I would have to pain the place myself so I have no idea what color to go with (owner of the building doesn't mind me painting as long as its a neutral color).

^^^^^ Thanks for the help fellas. I'm hoping to have people over to Watch the FSU vs NC State game this Saturday so I need somewhere for them to sit. Also the Eagles vs Cowboys on sunday night. I figure I cop that couch and two stools and insteant seating for 5. Get my next big paycheck on the 15th so that's when i'll move ahead in getting better quality stuff. Looking for a cheap recliner with a cupholder in it. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I was thinking some paint first. It sucks to do it, but it makes such a difference once you do.
Oh yeah? What color? We already painted it this off-white that Sherwin sold
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom