Bachelor Pad.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Sale is still pending, but if all goes well I should be able to move in around Thanksgiving. It's a new construction, 1700 sq ft, 3 car garage, 1/2 acre corner lot, granite throughout, breakfast bar, 3/2, separate shower and tub in the master, travertine, but it's VERY bland like all houses are when they're cookie cutter. I hate the beige on beige on beige with the carpet, tiles, and wall. That's going to be replaced real quick.

lc59fea42-m1o.jpg

lc59fea42-m4o.jpg

lc59fea42-m5o.jpg

lc59fea42-m6o.jpg

lc59fea42-m9o.jpg

what type of numbers and location rounded up on this?

Scientific, what about the beige on beige on beige outside?

Did you get it built yourself or it's just a straight purchase?

Need to get back on Fab, haven't copped anything yet but I'm pretty limited because of my location
ohwell.gif

Scratch that, they don't ship internationally on anything. *bitterly looks at all the cool unattainable things*

scientific, it looks like you live in Kansas or something. Nice Crib tho, the kitchen needs some life tho, I hear what your saying

Sale is still pending, but if all goes well I should be able to move in around Thanksgiving. It's a new construction, 1700 sq ft, 3 car garage, 1/2 acre corner lot, granite throughout, breakfast bar, 3/2, separate shower and tub in the master, travertine, but it's VERY bland like all houses are when they're cookie cutter. I hate the beige on beige on beige with the carpet, tiles, and wall. That's going to be replaced real quick.

lc59fea42-m6o.jpg
Congrats on the place.  An awesome feeling to finally get your own home.
The house definitely has good bones, a lot you can do with it, but damn, I am not liking that kitchen. I can't believe that's a new construction.  The cabinets look like something out of the 70s.  Once you paint everything though, it will add a ton of life.

Slowly but surely getting my spot hooked up. Got more furniture coming in this weekend. yo Mez, I got my housewarming on dec 3rd. gonna be showing the Margarito vs Cotto fight. I'll hit you with the info.

pics of my ninjahood sized house will be up shortly

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

When I get out of college and get my own place, I'm lacing it up with IKEA furniture.

YES! cant wait for this $!%+ too!. Dropping mad bank in my crib with clean neat furniture. Bringing mad $$@+%%* in too!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

lc59fea42-m6o.jpg
Congrats on the place.  An awesome feeling to finally get your own home.
The house definitely has good bones, a lot you can do with it, but damn, I am not liking that kitchen. I can't believe that's a new construction.  The cabinets look like something out of the 70s.  Once you paint everything though, it will add a ton of life.

I love the stain. I'll figure out what it's called but it's probably like rustic glazed maple or something. I just need to decide whether or not I want to break it up by putting fixtures on the door and what color. If so, I'll probably get the modern door pulls (not knobs) and really big, either stainless steel to match the appliances or oil rubbed bronze like the fixtures.House is in Elgin, Ok and will be 165k, possibly less, we're meeting again tomorrow to talk over some things. Initially I wanted the house but while I was waiting for my credit stuff to update, another couple purchased it so I set up a meeting with the builder to build me the same one. Well he met me in a house down the street that I had been seeing but never even set foot in because the front is so ugly. Turned out I loved the floorplan so I ended up changing my mind and signed to have him build me that one, but with a different type of columns in the front (was going to do either all brick or 12 by 12 cedar posts), and he was going to give me solid hardwood throughout and the fridge. But literally while I was there, he got the call my first choice became available because the couple's financial information fell through but I stuck with the new build. Then the next hours I went back and forth on whether or not I should get the custom built craftsman with the better floor plan in the grand room but only a new2 car garage, or the corner lot 3 car garage already build. I ended up calling him and told him I change my mind, let me get that one on the corner to which he replied no problem and drafted up new paperwork which I'm meeting tomorrow to go over. This is the one I didn't get. I love the flow of having the breakfast bar right off the kitchen island but again it would be an interior lot and only a 2 car garage. Other than that, features are about the same and it's about 50sq ft smaller.
lb72f6843-m0o.jpg
lb72f6843-m13o.jpg
lb72f6843-m14o.jpg

New artwork from Fab!!!  Need to get the two prints framed.  Can't wait to get this hung up this weekend.
img2058u.jpg

hey guys.. dont laugh.. this is how im currently living (just moved about 1.5 months ago to Scottsdale)
4d23d12c05ef4179bfa1641224636664_7.jpg

on my defense.. i've only been home for 1 weekend 
ohwell.gif
.. so ive yet to really settle-in. 

on the apartment hunt. why must places tile their bathrooms ridiculous colors? are pink 4" ceramic tiles that much cheaper than white? they would probably charge me to retile it myself.

bmx I'm down, its a day before my bday so just lmk details.
As much as I had liked the loft, the rooftop view, the bathroom, etc.... what made me change my mind was NO BEDROOM and just one walk-in closet, I needed space space and more space for storage and to put my personal stuff out of view. I also wanted something with a more "home" feeling as opposed to trendy.
This is where I moved into this past week, please note my couch could not fit through the doorway
frown.gif
so I have nothing but chairs
laugh.gif
(I don't even have curtains yet) , and using old furniture for the time being as I slowly build this place up to my liking. I would like a grey couch sine its very well lit....just need to decide on the color of the tv stand, coffee table, dining table, and better desk for work (I will have a 2 monitor setup).

Its a corner brownstone building in Manhattan so its extremely well lit (only 4 units in the building), 920 square feet, small patio, large bedroom, etc. I'd take photos in the morning but I'll be very busy the next few days.

hallway from entrance

workstation for now 

new wooden flooring

table for eating of course

kitchen entrance

cabinets/stove/fridge/etc

kitchen windows

living x dining room (the TV is 48" to give you a perspective of the size of the room/wall)

hallway looking towards entrance and bedroom/closets/bathroom

walk in closet near entrance

bed frame and microfiber headboard (no idea how to clean it lol)....and please disregard feminine bedsheets...that will change soon -_-

my closet

view of 32" tv from bed 

I would like a smaller dining table just square not rectangle) since I am always against putting furniture against the wall, i'll throw a nice grey love seat in front of the TV with a seat or 2 by the windows if anything (I wanted to have the desk out of view for people watching TV). Not sure about paint color either, but curtains are my priority at this point (probably go with an oatmeal color).

Back
Top Bottom