Bachelor Pad.

Yo Mez, you know i'm Jelly right. Lemme know when you get stuff situated and i'll come thru with that bottle. Cowboys vs Giants in December homie

I like a lot of Fab's stuff but most is OD expensive. That's a big part of why I wanted the 3 car garage, because I plan to set up a woodworking shop and make a lot of my own pieces. Furniture, even cabinets, slat bed frames, and things are all pretty simple to make. It's all squares and rectangles. I went today to sign my new contract for the house and do the walk through, so I shouldn't be in until Dec 3 now since we set it 30 days out.

Most of the furniture is way expensive, but I've gotten some really nice accessories and art for good prices from them.

http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/

Already spent at least $250 because of this site
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Congrats Mez, place looks great.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
at all those windows though.

You can never have too many windows.  I always wish I had more light in my place.  You can cover windows up, but you can't add new ones.

Mez awesome place man....especially when you consider the location. Could you hit me up when you work at Pacha again? I asked before but for some reason I was under the impression that you owned it so I took some chick there thinking I'd get some NT love
laugh.gif
Still had a good time tho
pimp.gif

Mez, great place. I believe you're renting (?). Have they given you any restrictions on painting, decorating, etc?

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

not gunna ask what you guys pay or make a month, but how much of your monthly salary would you say goes towards rent + utilities? half? less?  
just under half, roughly...

Nah I just get work done for Pacha on the side I don't own nor am I really associated with them.
laugh.gif

JayRocksLo, may consider those hangers...gotta take things slow.

4wrestling yeah its def renting, still saving until I have something to own....but the owner of the building does not mind me panting at all. The previous tenant painted the walls orange, so I am trying to decide what wall color would look nice. I don't even mind the white, just not too sure about the orange.

I'm still looking for a microfiber gray sofa.....I may go the sectional route but just a few pieces (to seat 3, and one of the seats you can extend your legs out), only because the doorway entrance is tight so it;d make my life easier.
I do also want a lot of artwork to put along the long hallway between the living room and bedroom, though about going to vintage movie posters route.

I sign my lease this week. what are some website you guys are looking at for furniture? All I have is my bedroom, everything else needs to be purchased. I am not looking to drop a stack on a couch. I have a huge open space, can more than likely fit 2 couches, coffee table, side table and a nice 4 person dinning set which will up against a wall.

Man I'm probably just going to get something from Overstock. My city has mostly traditional stuff and I want something more contemporary or modern, so I always just search that. Or I could go to the city and look. I like these though form Overstock, think my living room lends itself nicely to a big sectional, preferrably with the chaise on the right side. I really don't want to pay more than like 1800 and it being comfortable is a bit more important than looks, which obviously would be taken a risk ordering from the internet.

L12973501.jpg

http://www.overstock.com/...Set/5125475/product.html $1436

L12139132b.jpg

http://www.overstock.com/.../product.html?rcmndsrc=2 $1516

IDK there has to be better out there though. I have couches, tables, and furnishings but they're all apartment quality so getting a house now it's time to upgrade. Stendmar on ebay has great ones but they're out of LA

^^^craigslist? You can find a lot of nice Crate and Barrel, West Elm and other expensive retailer furniture for real cheap. 

I'd be too scared to sit on a white sofa, that sectional is nice though I may have to go that route so I can fit each piece in my doorway
laugh.gif

Wish it came in gray....and thanks for the link Rome.
I saw this on Overstock, price of $1300 is pretty reasonable....only issue is that its 140 inches wide
sick.gif
....sofa is huge (unless I am reading it wrong).

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...ctional-Sofa-with-Chaise/2241719/product.html

L10501188e.jpg

It's a 3.5 seater, I'd ant no more than a 3 seater sofa at most, no wider than 120" (and very sleek not plush so it does not take up a huge amount of space). It'd definitely have to be available in pieces so it can fit in my doorway (door width is 28  3/4" and door to wall is 35  1/2", so its a B)
sick.gif

pimp.gif
Man, props to everyone in this thread...truly inspirational for a college kid like myself still stuck in the slum school apts 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 but I had a question for some of the guys posting their spots on here though. All of you guys have pretty dope places for yourselves, but I was wondering (not trying to get in anybody's personal business) at about what age were you able to afford a good downpayment on some of these spots? I guess, did any of you live at home w/parents while you got a solid job in order to save up....or did you just start out w/ a small spot that allowed you to save up till you were able to get the newer places posted in here?.....again sorry for the long post but I'm trying to get an idea of what some other people have done once they finished school...i'm trying to get on that level..but plz lemme know if I'm asking something thats more personal, I dont wanna step on anybody's toes 

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

pimp.gif
Man, props to everyone in this thread...truly inspirational for a college kid like myself still stuck in the slum school apts 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 but I had a question for some of the guys posting their spots on here though. All of you guys have pretty dope places for yourselves, but I was wondering (not trying to get in anybody's personal business) at about what age were you able to afford a good downpayment on some of these spots? I guess, did any of you live at home w/parents while you got a solid job in order to save up....or did you just start out w/ a small spot that allowed you to save up till you were able to get the newer places posted in here?.....again sorry for the long post but I'm trying to get an idea of what some other people have done once they finished school...i'm trying to get on that level..but plz lemme know if I'm asking something thats more personal, I dont wanna step on anybody's toes 

As for me I just moved to my spot (still no pics) but I was home forever and saved up. always a good idea. I got this tiny Studio in BK but my next step is a nice one bedorrom or save up for a Condo.I figure this time in 3 years or so i'll be set up in the place i plan on calling home for the rest of my life. Assuming I dont knock up a a chick and have to pay child support out the wazoo or have to move in with a wifey. save up as much as you can then make your move. you'll be better off for it.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I'd be too scared to sit on a white sofa, that sectional is nice though I may have to go that route so I can fit each piece in my doorway
laugh.gif

Wish it came in gray....and thanks for the link Rome.
I saw this on Overstock, price of $1300 is pretty reasonable....only issue is that its 140 inches wide
sick.gif
....sofa is huge (unless I am reading it wrong).

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...ctional-Sofa-with-Chaise/2241719/product.html

L10501188e.jpg

It's a 3.5 seater, I'd ant no more than a 3 seater sofa at most, no wider than 120" (and very sleek not plush so it does not take up a huge amount of space). It'd definitely have to be available in pieces so it can fit in my doorway (door width is 28  3/4" and door to wall is 35  1/2", so its a B)
sick.gif

Yea I read the reviews plus I saw that same one alot on another site, those dimension are correct, it;s almost 12 ft wide! That would be perfect for me if not for the bland lines, I still might get it anyways. But it's definitely not NY apartment certified. I think you should check this one out. Yes it's from Wal Mart, but it actually has very good reviews. I might get one for my master bedroom if I have enough room, and you can't beat the price plus free shipping; Small spaces sectional sofa; multiple colors http://www.walmart.com/ip...ck-Faux-Leather/14892632 It's funny I'm insisting on a ginormous couch, I have like 0 and a half friends. Here is another site, and right now everything is 15% off plus free shipping so like this one would be 580ish. http://www.homedecorators...suggest=11&sItem=0141400 These "JAR designs" sofas Overstock sells are nice but they're like 8feet wide and smaller and they don't make sets. http://www.overstock.com/.../product.html?rcmndsrc=2 or this one is the black leather version of the one I think 4wrestling bought http://www.overstock.com/...=HL_sub2027_999_10537718 Thing about these modern ones though, I wonder if they are as comfortable as microfiber ones which get better with age and just look like crap though, because I weigh damn near 300 lbs and I plop down with the force of Precious when I sit so I can easily see myself breaking one of these in half after a long day.

Back
Top Bottom