Bachelor Pad.

Looks infinitely times better 4wrestling

I was gonna suggest you do exactly what you just did

:pimp:

Only other suggestion would be to lay it on the shorter right side so it's asymmetrical so you get that throw look.

was too loud and looked like a cheap cross colors bedsheet before.

Last edited:
Cool living room
tales%2Bof%2Bendearment%2Bwhite%2Bsectional%2Bsofa%2Bmodern%2Bliving%2Broom%2Bcococozy%2Bred%2Bchairs.jpg

Much better. I really like the exposed brick and pipe. What's up with the empty shelves? I kind of wish you did a different color rug, it's too similar to the couch but it looks like you've got an awesome space.

Much better. I really like the exposed brick and pipe. What's up with the empty shelves? I kind of wish you did a different color rug, it's too similar to the couch but it looks like you've got an awesome space.
laugh.gif
 I don't put anything on the shelves because my cats use them as a jungle gym.

It doesn't come across in the pictures I guess because of the flash, but the rug is a black/white shag rug.  The black is much darker than the grey of the sofa.

Somewhere back in this thread is a whole bunch of pics of my place.  Some when I first moved in, and then some after I painted the place.

my tv is above my fireplace too... never had a problem. i think as long as you're seated far enough away, you'll be fine. mine does have a tilt, though...

ignore the cables...

... and my cat's eyes lol

I always wanted a bachelor pad! But instead I found myself in almost a 4 year relationship and we might move in together in the future instead of me finding a place for myself. I been out of college for about a year now and I found a job in IT. I've been paying off my school loans ever since, I imagine once i finish paying I can move out of my Dad's house and find some place of my own. My question/concern is: Are most bachelor pads apartments? Since we have to consider our finances right after getting out of college.. Can a bachelor pad still be established if the girl friend wants to move in? I know the girls love to decorate, therefore the pad might not look the way I would like. Give me some ideas and feedback.
happy.gif

West Elm won't ship to me. =( I'll have to call them and see how it goes. I'm feeling the 'baxter', and I'm trying to use it as a base at other furniture spots. Any one know of anything else? I've looked through LOTS of websites, visited a few shops, but still am leaning towards this design. I don't know the quality and feel of the material though, but if the basketweave/flax colorway pokes my skin, then I might rethink this.

Sorry for repeating, but I have carpet, and I was wondering how the sectionals would be on carpet vs. hard flooring? Down the road, I'll probably go w/ hard flooring, but for now, I'll stick to the carpet. Will sectional sofas move easily on either type of flooring?

i got the same center table, sectionals are much easier to move on hardwood, but heavy regardless, on a rug or carpet usually you need two people...

BUT I CAN'T IGNORE THE CABLES!!!! :lol:

Looks good otherwise though.

And nice cat 8)

ha! thanks.

about the cables: i'm dealing with an 80+ year old house that has original plaster walls... not the easiest to get behind. plus the brick fireplace is immediately behind the TV. not that it can't be done, but i just haven't bothered with it. might be easier to just cover them up with something...

do ya selves a favor and go to home depot and buy a couple of these they come in different sizes and lengths

SF_Cord_Management_Hero_01.jpg

great thread guys. I got plenty of great ideas of things i want to do, and also avoid. Some of you have really nice spots, others, you make due with what you have and thats cool too. respect. I currently have a 3 bedroom 1.5 ba and basement townhouse. but I've been looking into down sizing as it's just me, and i really dont need or want that much space anymore. i'm thinking a large apartment/condo will do me swell. So I've been perusing the listings lately in different areas, seeing if anything pops out at me. I love my furniture, but I'm sure I'll replace some things, update some stuff. I have a pretty dope sense of style, so I'm actually excited to start over in a sense. I'll keep you guys posted.

keep this thread alive. I enjoyed going through all 80 pages. sucked when i found out a bunch of the pages were lost when the server switched. oh well.

ILL try an take a pic if needed, but i bought a bed set (i like it :smile: ) its the right size queen and all, but theres like a 4-6 gap at the top or bottom portion of the bed. (like the mattress isnt long enough.

I imagine this is space for those huge plush beds they sell. any idea on a fix? I slide the bed down, then my pillows are likely to fall inbetween the headboard. If i slide the other way, i have this visible gap at the foot of the bed and the "toe"board? any recommendations?

my tv is above my fireplace too... never had a problem. i think as long as you're seated far enough away, you'll be fine. mine does have a tilt, though...

ignore the cables...
... and my cat's eyes lol
Or at least clamp them together and attached to the side of the fireplace, or hide it with a vase or move your subwoofer over.

^yeah, it definitely looked better several months ago. my house was broken into, and they tried to pry the TV off the wall (unsuccessfully). the cables used to be threaded through the hollow wooden part of the mantel, and then run down the side. the burglars decided to strip off the mantel from the fireplace and throw it onto my couch. not before leaving a trail of blood, though....

4W that simple fold make that couch look a million times better and I liked the way it was before :lol:
My brother just moved out of our apartment with his gf (what a sucka!) so I'll throw some new pics up when I finish turning his room into my makeshift design studio.:smokin

West Elm won't ship to me. =( I'll have to call them and see how it goes. I'm feeling the 'baxter', and I'm trying to use it as a base at other furniture spots. Any one know of anything else? I've looked through LOTS of websites, visited a few shops, but still am leaning towards this design. I don't know the quality and feel of the material though, but if the basketweave/flax colorway pokes my skin, then I might rethink this.

Sorry for repeating, but I have carpet, and I was wondering how the sectionals would be on carpet vs. hard flooring? Down the road, I'll probably go w/ hard flooring, but for now, I'll stick to the carpet. Will sectional sofas move easily on either type of flooring?
i got the same center table, sectionals are much easier to move on hardwood, but heavy regardless, on a rug or carpet usually you need two people...
I don't recall 100%, but I think the Baxter sofa has a solid base which will probably keep it relatively stationary on any type of floor.

The Tillary sofa sits on wooden feet.  I think it would sit pretty still on carpet.  I have poured concrete floors in my place and the sofas slid around like crazy.  I went to Home Depot and got small rubber pads that I stuck on the bottom of the wooden feet.  Problem solved.  All parts of my sofa are stationary now.

FYI, I actually have 3 of the Tillary sofas and one ottoman to make my sectional, so it was very important to keep them from moving.

4W that simple fold make that couch look a million times better and I liked the way it was before
laugh.gif

My brother just moved out of our apartment with his gf (what a sucka!) so I'll throw some new pics up when I finish turning his room into my makeshift design studio.
smokin.gif
Thanks man.  Only problem is the fold never stays neat looking because the quilt has quickly become my cats favorite bed 
laugh.gif

4W... how is your furniture holding up to your cats' claws?

my cat has torn up quite a bit... luckily it's confined to the back of the sofa and chair, which nobody will really see. he used to let me clip his nails regularly, but has gotten a little testy in his old age lol...

I trim my cats nails relatively regularly.  The two are both pretty good about not scratching my furniture.  I have the loose strings here and there (especially in the one back corner where they come out of the litter box), but nothing major.  No tears anywhere.

The West Elm sofas are actually very durable, better than I was expecting.  Between the cats and being used as beds a lot of the time when my friends stay over, they're in really good shape for being 2.5 years old.

ackk. i can't get west to ship. so whatever.

i'll look around spots w/ similar design. im just feeling that sofa design.

Back
Top Bottom