Bachelor Pad.

I like the colors and they're staying.  But based on NT's advice, I have scaled it down somewhat.

img3405mj.jpg

img3406uw.jpg
4wrestling, where did you get your plants from??

4wrestling, where did you get your plants from??

On that note... I need some new green for winter/fall. Definitely some pumpkin's coming in (mutli-purpose... food and carving). Suggestions?

(yes I'll eventually head over to apartment therapy and read up on my botany)

I was going to get that same West Elm sectional sofa a year ago but I am holding off until I find a permanent residence. I'm constantly on the move. :lol:

^ you're moving again bro? didn't you just get the place set up recently lol? #nomadlife

I'm going to sell my house and move back into the city. I need to make some small improvements that have a high rate of return on investment, like over 100%, to offset the commission fees and the loss I will take from having to pay back my OHFA grant. Watching HGTV, one they usually do is put laminate or wood down, so I'm looking into that. Is there something else? I could have a sprinkler installed for just under 2 grand.

I'm going to sell my house and move back into the city. I need to make some small improvements that have a high rate of return on investment, like over 100%, to offset the commission fees and the loss I will take from having to pay back my OHFA grant. Watching HGTV, one they usually do is put laminate or wood down, so I'm looking into that. Is there something else? I could have a sprinkler installed for just under 2 grand.

Honestly...if the restroom and kitchen are in good, functional shape...new paint and hardwood. Spend the extra on engineered/real wood. Laminate has come a long way but you can still tell its not wood.

I re-did my whole house x2 cause I own a duplex but I saw the most return on the kitchen and bathroom...surprisingly windows was there too with appraisal..spent 20k on windows and got a 35k appraisal for them.

My girl just moved out of my apartment - damn, I didn't realize how much she had decorated the place.

After her taking all of her things, my place looks so bare and boring. I'll be spend more time in this thread in the coming weeks.

^ you're moving again bro? didn't you just get the place set up recently lol? #nomadlife

LOL yeah I moved in last November, but area has gotten old to me, miss the quiet neighborhoods.

I'll end up going back to Queens for good within a years time

Here are some pics of my spot. The wife did the interior design. I took these pictures for her website. She and her bestfriend just started their interior design business. It's crazy how many clients they have already. check it out if you have time.

Studiomodish.com

Last edited:
^^that interior is awesome man! Your wife did a great job...straight out of one of those interior decorating magazines :lol: :smokin

TNM, out of curiosity, what are her co's hourly rates? I see 25 hour minimum but what is it for a 1 bedroom bachelor pad like we see often in this thread? How much would your set-up cost?

Thanks for compliments fellas

TNM, out of curiosity, what are her co's hourly rates? I see 25 hour minimum but what is it for a 1 bedroom bachelor pad like we see often in this thread? How much would your set-up cost?

Right now they have only worked on projects with a flat fee depending on the budget along with an estimation of how long it will take to design the spaces because the projects are way too big to charge per hour. They want to start at $125 an hour ( I thought this was insane but it's actually a lot cheaper than most interior designers in DC at least) but they will work with you depending on your budget and some projects might be less that 25 hours.

It also depends on your lifestyle because they try to design around you and how you live.

My space was probably around $15k, especially with those eams chairs and that rug.I don't even have fancy sound systems or a crazy TV but I'm working on that.

It may sound like a lot but it's an investment and the furniture will last you at least 10 years.

$15k!? I know thats your wife and you want to bring in business but thats way overpriced for that space. $15k is a kitchen remodel.

$15k!? I know thats your wife and you want to bring in business but thats way overpriced for that space. $15k is a kitchen remodel.

I'm not about to get on NT and ask people to spend that much or even try to bring my wife business. I am in my mid-twenties and I know a lot of NT is around that age or younger. Most don't have that kind of cash to spend on furniture but my wife and i were lucky enough to afford it and we thought why not get something we love.

that rug murdered my pockets. |I but it's something we loved so we invested in it. Rugs are expensive, especially the size we got it in. It's all about what you value.

I will tell you that 3 items alone cost me about 7k. :smh:

Last edited:
Quite easy to spend that much on quality furniture, pieces, and accents. Quite difficult to do a decent sized kitchen remodel with quality materials and appliances for $15k.

I'm not about to get on NT and ask people to spend that much or even try to bring my wife business. I am in my mid-twenties and I know a lot of NT is around that age or younger. Most don't have that kind of cash to spend on furniture but my wife and i were lucky enough to afford it and we thought why not get something we love.
that rug murdered my pockets. |I but it's something we loved so we invested in it. Rugs are expensive, especially the size we got it in. It's all about what you value.
I will tell you that 3 items alone cost me about 7k. :smh:

I feel you. I have 8x10s and 9x12s through out my home. I took the cheap route and bought them off Craigslist but after having them cleaned it's still a pretty penny. I wasn't trying to come off as rude or "hating" on your wifes business I just couldn't fathom the 15k price tag but rugs can be 1200+. My apologies if I came off rude.

Quite easy to spend that much on quality furniture, pieces, and accents. Quite difficult to do a decent sized kitchen remodel with quality materials and appliances for $15k.

I've done it twice. Cabinets for a 10x10 layout are about 2k nowadays..all wood. I have a 200 sq ft kitchen and spend $4k on cabinets which included a custom under the counter washer/dryer/bookcase installation. Mid level appliances will run you 800 for stove, 200 for microhood, 1500 for fridge, 400 dishwasher. Thats 7k, granite is dirt cheap, paid $40 bucks for Mission Tile West 3x6 and 2x6 tile for backsplash. Plumbing and labor was about 8k. I have a duplex so I've remodeled both for 15k each. I went over budget recently cause I had to change windows in the whole house but a Kitchen Remodel can easily be done for 15-20k with top quality materials and finishes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom