Bachelor Pad.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

flipping back a few pages.... 4wrestling, is your cat declawed??

just wondering how your sofa is holding up, if not.

my cat still has his claws and my furniture is definitely suffering, lol...
Both of my cats have their claws.  Declawing is a horribly inhumane act which basically entails cutting off part of their toes.
agreed.  that's why i never had him declawed.  my little guy will occasionally let me clip his claws when he's sleeping, but not as often as i'd like.

... and i realize this isn't the thread for getting into such a discussion, but the fact that some of you guys are using phrases like "had to ship him out" and "just got rid of it" to describe the treatment of an animal is pretty disheartening.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

^ a pool table has always been on my list of 'must-haves' in my dream place... along with a urinal and hot tub
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Urinal is the ultimate grail of the man pad
I call that the sink.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

... and i realize this isn't the thread for getting into such a discussion, but the fact that some of you guys are using phrases like "had to ship him out" and "just got rid of it" to describe the treatment of an animal is pretty disheartening.
I agree. I feel like too many people treat pets as accessories instead of treating them for what they are, living things. If you can't take care of them or they are an issue, no reason to get one. I don't have the patience for pets so I'd never take that step to get one. 

Anyway Kickhead your spot is too sick.
pimp.gif

I'm not trying to totally hijack this thread or anything, but I would appreciate some feedback from those of you who have been in my situation before.
My girlfriend got her own apartment and decorated it like a typical woman's apartment.  Lots of colors, pillows, and useless stuff.  But she has a pretty good sense of style.  After I moved in, I didn't feel like it was my place to change anything since it was her apartment that I moved into.

Pretty soon, we are going to be moving into a 2 bedroom flat with plenty of space.  She has lots of decorative ideas - I have mine too, but we don't see eye-to-eye on a lot of the colors and accessories.

How have some of you guys balanced living with a lady - what is the easiest way to decorate as a team without everything looking like such a Nancy boy.

He didn't kill it. He gave it to another I'm sure loving home as it was being a nuisance tearing up his expensive couch. Whatdaproblemiz? It's not like he ate it.

I had a girl help me decorate my place. It's not a bad idea when you consider having female company over and you don't want your place to have that overwhelming sense of testosterone.

JCH3 wrote:

grow a backbone
grin.gif

your ideas might seem too much of a bachelor pad to her so hit up the ikea catalog or something and pick out ideas from that. 

but really tho, I know she aint suggesting all that colorful wall bs at you right??

Looking for a nice be and table..any clues were I should look....I saw a table on overstock but come to find out its wood veneer instead of solid wood.

I should stay away from it right?

Originally Posted by JCH3

I'm not trying to totally hijack this thread or anything, but I would appreciate some feedback from those of you who have been in my situation before.
My girlfriend got her own apartment and decorated it like a typical woman's apartment.  Lots of colors, pillows, and useless stuff.  But she has a pretty good sense of style.  After I moved in, I didn't feel like it was my place to change anything since it was her apartment that I moved into.

Pretty soon, we are going to be moving into a 2 bedroom flat with plenty of space.  She has lots of decorative ideas - I have mine too, but we don't see eye-to-eye on a lot of the colors and accessories.

How have some of you guys balanced living with a lady - what is the easiest way to decorate as a team without everything looking like such a Nancy boy.
i'm the last person to give advice about living with a girl... but don't be afraid of a little color!  even lighter/brighter colors can look sophisticated with the right furniture and artwork.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

you did the right thing finns.

Dogs>Cats

I don't care what animal it is.  I'll wait for Finns to respond.
He didn't get the cat put down, he just got rid of it. 
Its not that serious. Not everyone loves animals as much as some other people. 
Sending a cat to a shelter IS almost a definite death sentence.  I'm still hoping he replies with what he actually did....

Happy wife, happy life....
It's just colors and "stuff".  If you are serious about the relationship, I wouldn't go crazy over it.

%*#* with that nonsense.  This is the BACHELOR pad thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

And grow a pair while youre at it man. 

Originally Posted by dollabill87

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Sooo here's my latest purchase! (pics are from the property listing)

It needs a little TLC and I'm getting a few things done before I move in, in a few weeks. Rewiring because it's 102 years old and a condition of insurance, a little demo and a few small walls added but hey. She'll look great! And she's stood up very nicely to all the mammoth earthquakes we've had in the last two years so I think she's good to go! 3.6m stud height is
pimp.gif
(9.84ft)

Got the white picket fence. Just gotta get the rest now
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Congrats Danyeezy, When do you move in? Also when are you coming to stay in the big city?
tongue.gif

Thanks man
happy.gif
a couple weeks most likely by the time I get the gib fixed, stopped and painted and then floor coverings. Sparky starts next week sometime so I'm stoked to get the ball rolling! Haha man I wish I could go up soon! Maybe if I get a bonus with my review at work! But hopefully sometime this year once I get a few payments for all the insurances, rates and mortgage down! All the little things that go with it add up quickly!

Happy wife, happy life....
It's just colors and "stuff".  If you are serious about the relationship, I wouldn't go crazy over it.
I wouldn't go crazy on it like 4w said but you still need to compromise on it. She can't be all Housezilla on your !$%
laugh.gif

Or you could go with whatever she wants on the condition you get the other bedroom as a man cave...

I was really going to spend a lot on furnishing this apartment, but I may end up moving back to Queens at the end of the year (long term), so I've just been holding out on spending money on "nice" furniture to go with the apt.

Any recommendations for dvd storage?  Also, have a couple small trophies to display, any shelf/case recommendations?

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

^ a pool table has always been on my list of 'must-haves' in my dream place... along with a urinal and hot tub
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Urinal is the ultimate grail of the man pad
I call that the sink.
Wait... What? 
Savage. 
laugh.gif

I don't care what animal it is.  I'll wait for Finns to respond.
He didn't get the cat put down, he just got rid of it. 
Its not that serious. Not everyone loves animals as much as some other people. 
Sending a cat to a shelter IS almost a definite death sentence.  I'm still hoping he replies with what he actually did....
Well I guess it all depends on what he actually did. I personally wouldn't get a pet unless I really knew I would do everything to take care of it.

The most I would do is ask a family member to watch over it if I really couldn't have it in the crib at the moment. 

I don't know much about owning a cat, but I'd rather own a dog. You have the ability to train the dog to not do things like that. 

You have to make rules fam. You're the "pants" of the relationship. She needs to know whats good. Her place is her rules, your place is your rules, when you move in together, its gotta be 50-50. If she wants to make the kitchen all "colorful" and the bathrooms "comfortable" by her terms, you get the say on the living room. The trick is that you gotta make sure all the rooms you'll be spending the most time in (bedroom, living room, etc.) still have some sort of man vibe to it. 

Me personally, my girl can do whatever she wants with something like the accessories and towels and flowers and crap. But when it comes down to the furniture, paint schemes, and all the major stuff, that wild %$$% ain't going to fly. 

Ain't no way in hell I'm going to be living in Barbies dream home. 

Do a toss up for rooms, let her have the bathroom, kitchen and bedroom, you take care of the living room....tell her to compromise on neutral colors, she has to understand just like you do, that this is not a bachelor/bachelorette place, this is the common living space of you both and it should have both your personalities in it with a mutual middleground, at the end of the day a woman seems to know how to decorate a room in a far more neutral way than we would, we guys tend to think, pool tables in the dining area and 160 inch flat screens on the wall with lazy boy recliners in front of them is the ideal apartment, I don't think that would be fair to her, would it?...lol

[h1]Contemporary Morphing Coffee Table[/h1]
From STUDIOHKO

"R|1 Coffee Table" Made by a Future Architect and Designer

Brand New Contemporary Architectural Designed Coffee Table! This table beautifully morphs up into the table surface from the ground and looks even more intriguing on the inside. It is an expression of traditional materials with a modern organic sensibility. 

This Table was designed through the Architectural design program at the University of Southern California; a top ten ranked Architecture program in the United States. This table takes design concepts from top furniture design companies and makes it affordable, but the hand crafted sensibility is at the same level as the professionals.

This table uses douglas fir softwood with a satin clear wood finish with a clear mitered glass tabletop. The table is 25" by wide 25" long by 18" tall. 

Sale is Final. Ships within 1 business day from Los Angeles to Customers only in the main 48 States (USA).
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.

just picked up this coffee/end table from Etsy. some guy at usc made it studying architecture. love it. he can make you one if you want. takes about 3-4 weeks. pm me and i'll give you his number.

probably butchering his design, bc it looks amazing looking inside, but this is with ikea dioder lights

qpj8si.jpg

[h3]
[/h3]

if you dont have time to train or tend to your pets... then you shouldnt have them. it appears finns felt the same way and decided he shouldnt own a cat anymore. let him live.

4wrestling: info on your coffee table? ive been thru like 30 pages and have only seen a few pics. i love that type of design.

Back
Top Bottom