Bachelor Pad.

meh i think certain markets create certain situations. 

the market that im familiar with in DC, its not uncommon for people to have roommates. even the lawyers, a few doctors, and other high(er) earning professionals i know have roommates and the women like them just fine. not saying they all have roommates or that all women think that way, but its not like if you mention that to a girl at a happy hour or night spot, she will walk away from you. 

from my experiences dealing with the DC younger (id say like 23-30 something) professional crowd, if you live IN the District or even Arlington, having roommates is VERY common, so they dont really think much of it, at least among the circles and places ive been around. 
As long as your roomates aint your parents, you good in the yamb dept.

Stealing some ideas from this thread this weekend, fresh out of school and in in DC area so I'm living with 2 roomies :lol: need to save when I can, BUT I'm gonna hook my room up.

Do you guys use art.com or any of those sites for affordable pieces? Thinking of framing an old school map from the 1900/ of my home city and putting that on the wall but I'm gonna check some options out

Never bought anything from them personally, but greatbigcanvas.com has a huge selection of stuff you might like.

Nice, gonna look into that too :smokin

Finally got around to mounting the 46" TV to the all and hiding the cables inside the wall, it has only made me want to upgrade to a 55" :smh:

With 4K TV's dipping in price, I may just hold off until next year when everything is a lot cheaper (lord knows I don't have the patience though).

I just don't know if the artwork above works anymore. :nerd:

B E F O R E

A F T E R

I have an entire wall space to the left of the media center, still debating just a stand up mirror and a poster next to it *shrugs
Where's that table from? Price?

^ Those are all awesome. I'm considering getting a Modloft "Worth" bed but I'm worried it's too low to the ground (and I also don't want to spend $2k on a bed).

As a side note, I wish I never found out about Houzz. I've been spending an easy 1-2 hours a day on there and there's so much dope stuff on there that I'm changing my mind about how to decorate my place almost daily. I'm considering just hiring an interior designer to spare me the headache.

^ Those are all awesome. I'm considering getting a Modloft "Worth" bed but I'm worried it's too low to the ground (and I also don't want to spend $2k on a bed).

As a side note, I wish I never found out about Houzz. I've been spending an easy 1-2 hours a day on there and there's so much dope stuff on there that I'm changing my mind about how to decorate my place almost daily. I'm considering just hiring an interior designer to spare me the headache.

That is a dope bed. Honestly, $2000 isn't that much when you're talking about modern bed frame designs. I've seen worse for more. Cop it!

You're right - it's not bad and considering my "bedroom" is exposed to anyone who comes inside my place, it's important my bed is on point. I'm just not thrilled about spending that much on a bed, considering I've been a mattress/box-spring guy my whole life.

Oh, and forget about the Modloft above. This is the one I'm going with:

Last edited:
You're right - it's not bad and considering my "bedroom" is exposed to anyone who comes inside my place, it's important my bed is on point. I'm just not thrilled about spending that much on a bed, considering I've been a mattress/box-spring guy my whole life.

Oh, and forget about the Modloft above. This is the one I'm going with:
check your local craigslist. I got my $1500 z gallerie bed for $400 off CL. I also bought a 2500 dining table for $180 at a Restoration Hardware Outlet. Be as frugal as possible when you got your own spot or your ideas will have you broke.

For those that have these platform beds?  How is it sleeping on them compared to a traditional bed?

Depends how low to the floor the bed is when I had the ikea jump off it was to low and risky buisness putting another 130-159 pound person in their with me , and just waking up in the winter time when it's a little bit colder was brutal on the joints getting outbid that bed. The next platform bed I got in l.a. Was a lot better since it sat higher. Also I've learned this the lower the bed the firmer it should be the higher the softer

I need a new danm bed. kinda hard to smash broads on the equivalent of a dorm bed.
Lol shouldnt be too hard to smash on dorm bed, its sleeping in it thats uncomfortable 
Depends how low to the floor the bed is when I had the ikea jump off it was to low and risky buisness putting another 130-159 pound person in their with me , and just waking up in the winter time when it's a little bit colder was brutal on the joints getting outbid that bed. The next platform bed I got in l.a. Was a lot better since it sat higher. Also I've learned this the lower the bed the firmer it should be the higher the softer
How long u been getting platform beds over traditional?

Lol shouldnt be too hard to smash on dorm bed, its sleeping in it thats uncomfortable 

How long u been getting platform beds over traditional?

My house in Louisiana has 3 traditional beds , my places on atl all had platforms and my place I had in the valley I bought a round bed ( terrible since the mattresses are custom fit and the selections suck )

My house in Louisiana has 3 traditional beds , my places on atl all had platforms and my place I had in the valley I bought a round bed ( terrible since the mattresses are custom fit and the selections suck )
Lol I honestly haven't seen a round bed besides Dallas Austin on MTV cribs.  Gotta go look at some platforms see if I wanna get when I get my place in miami if I go with a modern theme for it.

Lol I honestly haven't seen a round bed besides Dallas Austin on MTV cribs.  Gotta go look at some platforms see if I wanna get when I get my place in miami if I go with a modern theme for it.

If your getting a house i would go the traditional bed route a bit more modernized , but to me a platform bed doesn't look right in anything but a loft or condo with no carpet . ( just personal preference ) yeah the round bed was an idiotic move on my part after 2 weeks It hit me I paid 4k for this everything had to be custom fitted to so the sheet prices were a little higher than norm

I'm having a really tough time coming up with a theme for my place. I like so much stuff none of it will work together. For my own sake I'm going to have to hire a designer to listen to all my ideas and come up with a cohesive plan.

For example, I think these dice coffee tables are super cool and would look amazing in a loft (especially in black and white). At the same time, I'm a huge fan of what Nigo and Pharrell did with their places and I almost want to go the "pop" route and just have a bunch of colourful stuff all over the place.

Nigo absolutely killed it with the Eames lounge chair and the Tibetan tiger rugs:

Here is a loft that is a few blocks away from me. Absolutely incredible IMO...

Just ordered led backlights for my tv, will post pics when I have it set up.

Gotta remount my tv so its lower and then put lights behind it.

Bought them here barlighting.com

You can get the LED lights at Ikea if there is one next to you... We had a discussion on it a few months ago

Cheaper also... I have them under my TV in my bedroom

Back
Top Bottom