Bachelor Pad.

Looking for a decent stand or something for my 55 inch tv. Any ideas? Not trying to break the bank here.

Get at least 63 width..IKEA has dope ones. ..also i highly recommend u mounting the tv t the wall it makes a world of difference

Is if still stylish to fill unused fireplaces with books spine in ? I'm getting a place in Odessa for work as the hotels are killing me and the place comes with a fire place I'll never use

Put together the guest bedroom. I'll probably replace that art piece on the left wall, it's too small for the space.

I'm needing ideas for a console table to set up a chess board on.. I'm looking for something solid wood to go along with the rest of my furniture (west elm industrial), Looking to spend no more than $400.

Also, the lamp shade on my West Elm overarching lamp fell smh. Looks like the only way to fix would be to purchase new- let me know if you guys have any ideas

Last edited:
For the console table, did you want the legs to be wood also?
As far as the lamp goes, you can gorilla glue it back in (will be permanent) or small zip ties if you want to keep your options open.

Legs don't have to be wood, I believe the legs are brass on the other pieces. I'm open to ideas.

& I didn't even think of that. Zip ties actually may work, I just don't want the shade to wobble and I'm definitely not planning to repurchase.

Man I like your place Steebie. I mean it's kind of small, but not so much given you live in or around Houston right so it's what I imagine I'll end up with if/when I move to the big city. I live in Oklahoma now so obviously I can get bigger here for less but it's potential never fully been realized. I need to add some personality to my house. I bought it new 6 yrs ago and literally have not changed one thing except I finally wall mounted a tv above my fireplace because that gap doesn't make any sense.

Needs color badly, was already standing when I bought it not a custom so it's safe finishes, basically so just beige on beige on beige. First big purchase is going to be some wood or laminate. My carpet stays filthy, plan on visiting L.L tomorrow in fact, probably buy before the year's over. Material isn't the problem, just know they hitting over the head on installation prices.

Hit me with any suggestions though NT. Budget is like Ikea, Marshall's, Ross, Target, Lowe's etc. :tongue:

Was thinking about the big modern pulls on my cabinet doors in stainless steels, but as you can see I have a lot of cabinets/wood and with those there's no way to test and see if you like it. You nail it in and you're done. I don't even know what hardwood would match good with that color stain. I like the wood look porcelain tiles too. The two windows beside the door I want to just mirror tint so light still comes in but you cant see in from the outside or they got this faux stainglass or patterned glass fillm

I want to replace the bathroom sinks with either undermount or maybe vessel sinks, modern pendants for the breakfast bar, throw some of those mirrors with the forks around them in the kitchen, need to wall mount that heavy mirror in the living room, take down the big square mirrors in the bathroom and buy/build like wood framed ones over the sink, get a nice dresser/drawer set for my master and night stands. My realtor took horrible pics, you can't even tell how big it is. I'll throw some gym flooring down on the 3rd car garage too

Last edited:
No shade, just an observation. The inside of your place reminds me of an old saloon. Maybe paint the walls a shade of white and paint or restrain the cabinets another color. Add some area rugs, artwork and plants. Tj maxx has a good selection at their home goods store.

Repped

Would def save a few hundred. I'll give it a go this weekend, needed to stop by lowes anyway. I'll follow up on this thread with pics of the piece if it goes with the decor.

Anyone have any good looking tracklighting set ups?

Looking to place on the wall instead of ceiling

Don't feel like making holes in the wall from the ceiling to run wires

I need to add some personality to my house. I bought it new 6 yrs ago and literally have not changed one thing except I finally wall mounted a tv above my fireplace because that gap doesn't make any sense.

jeez this house is EMPTY :lol: :wow:

After the TV, how is it possible the only thing you own is an upside down Kia? :rofl: :smh:

Imagine tho if I broke in, put the TV in the trunk of the Kia, and stole the Kia that would be check mate huh? :lol: :x

Last edited:
jeez this house is EMPTY :lol: :wow:

After the TV, how is it possible the only thing you own is an upside down Kia? :rofl: :smh:

Imagine tho if I broke in, put the TV in the trunk of the Kia, and stole the Kia that would be check mate huh? :lol: :x

savage dude lol

Somebody might break in, see how empty it is, feel bad, and bring in a couch just to steal it.

I haven't had the Kia for months. And I mentioned in the post those pics are from when I was selling it so we cleared everything out for pics. Yall itching for those ereps huh

sup folks.

just got my first apartment.

i need living room furniture asap.

wheres the best place to get a sofa and loveseat or chair set that wont break the bank (sub $1000 to $1500 max)?

sup folks.

just got my first apartment.

i need living room furniture asap.

wheres the best place to get a sofa and loveseat or chair set that wont break the bank (sub $1000 to $1500 max)?
If there's a weekends only where you live check them out

Check wayfair, I got this in grey for around $700.
https://www.wayfair.com/Three-Posts...-8E05-DC5872037772&libra_c=&libra_d=&libra_g=

Just an FYI, a lot of their furniture is made to order so it may take longer than expected.

yeah, i noticed that so i kind of want to hit up something that i can have sooner than later.

If there's a weekends only where you live check them out

closest one is in Indy which is 2hrs away. worth the drive?

Back
Top Bottom