back in the go-go :: wale - bun b - pusha t - tre (ucb)

Originally Posted by SoleFood06

RockDeep wrote:

Who was the dude with the Video that posted it on this Forum about a month ago? Thats who I was talkin bout...
that was me rock...thanks for the mention. so many politics have really soured things for me but again congrats to the homie

matth i listen to a few of your track a couple days ago on myspace....now thats whats music missing these day....def would like to her the politics asusual when it comes out...

people dont spit anymore now a days....

[Slick Rick] Herrrrrrrrrre we go…. [/Children's Story]

"LakersRock20901,"
Your post is jive contradictory when you actually read what you posted, but I respect your view.

However, you're not a "signed" emcee who talks like the greatest among the regular folk and younger sneaker crowd, thus, you should be hype tohave a pic with another artist you are a fan of.

Break...Breakdown -- You're into sneakers, so i.e., you shouldn't be hyped to take a pic with Alex aka"retrokidd" and expect immediate "props" from your peers, because y'all are equals. Makessense? Probably not to you, but oh well. I tried. Do you, and watch me continue to do me.

Dude is doing him and always will. However, dude already got enough in his camp and everywhere else telling himhe's great and he straight hissy fits when someone doesn't approve of his work (proven here alone on Niketalk).

So if I can be the "hater with intelligent points of view" and pinpoint something none of the goons are willing to tell him straight up in thefashion I let it out, I will. I'm gonna be honest with my folks. It's calledbalance -- That's a form of "support" too you know? lol.

K. Burns is published calling dude "the next Jay-Z," so I've treated him as such ever since. No slack here.

"Rockdeep,"
My slang is editorial, but I'm a need that copyright money. lol. I'lltake Lincolns, in copper!

"Soulfood06,"
You're are a pure beast as well IMO. Skills to pay the bills. Keep up thework. There is SO much talent in the urea, well proven, but everyone (in D.C./MD I know at least) is about being "thee" dude instead of smashing theindustry as a team with no hidden agendas.

^^ cant argue with that...valid points.

Some people dont like to hear the truth, I dont sometimes, but I think its needed to keep you grounded. Its how you take it, that defines you. I like gettingfeedback whether it be negative or positive, and I certainly will give my feedback if asked, no matter who the artist. I respect all rappers, but if someone isnot feelin you, you cant get mad. Just go back in the lab and try to outdo your last, thats what I try to do b/c you cant please everyone. As long you'recomfortable with the music you put out and can handle honest critism I think it will make you a better person/artist. But, I would like to link up w/ some areaartists and brainstorm.

Peace

*this reply is not directed @ anyone in particular*

I like this joint.

Speakin' of Back in the Go-go...

Yall need to go to the Smithsonian's Anacostia Museum and check out the Go-go exhibit.

He needs to give me something different, Wale is becoming a one trick pony, same flow, same overproduced beats. He may have buzz but I dont see him evertopping "Dig Dug" and that was what...like 3 years ago?

And why do you guys act like "putting DC on the map" is something to hold your head over? OMGZ HE TALKED ABOUT WHERE IM FROM!!!1

Getting feelings hurt when people dont give you a good review on iTunes, getting mad when people dont give you some props because in your eyes you areGod's gift to the Earth, yea that will get far.

I mean, is that the appeal? Supporting the local artist off of the simple fact he is local and doesnt have much else going for him, whats the purpose?

If you like Wale, you will continue to like whatever he puts out regardless of the quality of the music off of the simple fact he is from/around DC.

Originally Posted by SoleFood06

RockDeep wrote:

Who was the dude with the Video that posted it on this Forum about a month ago? Thats who I was talkin bout...
that was me rock...thanks for the mention. so many politics have really soured things for me but again congrats to the homie

Solefood. keep ya head up bruh... Seriously. Politics are ALWAYS goin to be apart of the game. For real. Up here on Campus.. nothin but herbs andBamma's makin decisions that shouldnt be.

Some good dudes workin for the one's makin those decisions makin them look good. Just play the game until you are makin the game your own.

Keep Networkin and don't let anyone keep you from what you know you can do. Your flow is by far one of the best I've heard in a while. Get up withNino.. poole resources...

Do you.

Rock - Perfectly said

Solefood - Get @ me if u'd like..stay up Varisoxfan - I'd def like to hear some of your feedback...you hold no punches and you're just beinghonest. I respect that...check the sig for a couple of tracks

Peace

NINO.. it's good that you realize it's good to accept constructive criticism now, because like I've said before. If someone doesn't like yourmusic, it means they had to listen to it, just like those who DO like it.

That's one more person listening and talking about you, who either tells someone you are good or bad, and that next person wants to hear you for themselvesto make an opinion and so on and so forth.

Everything we all do in our own lines of work isn't the Greatest ever done. We may be the best at what we do, but it doesn't mean EVERYTHING we do isthe best out there. I am an older dude, learnin from 25 year old dudes on Campus.

Some know more about my era and shoes from my day than I do. Do I get jealous and hate on them and let them know its me they should be lookin at and followin?Hell no! I listen learn and keep it movin, so I make MY stuff tighter.

But the last thing you do here is NOT recognize a shoe in front of a female who is on her shoe knowledge. You will get clowned openly.... BY HER... lol. So Istay quiet often when I am not sure about a Dunk or Vandal or some other shoe I wasn't rockin at an early age in life.

If I was WALE or ANY other Artist, I would use THIS forum which is the realist Forum he can use and ANY other Message Board as fuel to make HIS game tighter. Iwill take Soulfoods Stories about life and the real ness over raps about shoes and Material things ANYDAY.

Not a slight on WALE, but not every rapper is for every listener. I can listen to Jay talk about his stuff, cause he's amassed it during his journey and hetold us how he did it along the way.... In my Lifetime. Was in mine too.

I can't listen to Fabolous talk about his stuff, but he makes a giggle with the way him and Cam tell a million different ways how they get a female toswallow their Kids...

Oh well.. Done with my Rant...

NINO and Sole..get your local producers and make a Mix Tape and push it bruh... Send it to Antonio or send it to me..and I will send it to him.. Hell Ya Got DJHEAT right here...

Work it and Network it son son!!! lol

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

I like this joint.

Speakin' of Back in the Go-go...

Yall need to go to the Smithsonian's Anacostia Museum and check out the Go-go exhibit.

�That museum is still open? Damn.
*sees advertising opportunity that goes with this thread*

Hear more Matth/Sole Food on the Mumbo Sauce Mixtape Volume 2!!! Scroll down to Track 9 and Lisssssteennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Heck listen to the whole mixtape,it's right there below. Click play bammas!!!

Download Mixtape | Provided by DatPiff.com

Hear more Nino Brown on Volume 1!!! DatPiff link coming soon!!!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3WYWDGIC

Listen to a rack of bammas on my blog in my signature!!

Originally Posted by Nin0 Brown

Rock - Perfectly said

Solefood - Get @ me if u'd like..stay up Varisoxfan - I'd def like to hear some of your feedback...you hold no punches and you're just being honest. I respect that...check the sig for a couple of tracks

Peace

Solid Stuff, the first song on your page has a early Scarface/UGKish type of sound lots of different styles in your stuff! Keep up the good work, anywhereI can get the .mp3's for it to put on my ipod??

laugh.gif
@ DCShoeChick saying "bammas"multiple times.

[Jay-Z]

"I'm focused maaaaaaaaaaaane."

[Mya, "Best of Me" remix at the beginning]

roll.gif

so many politics have really soured things for me
That is not for you or any artist to take the blame.

It's the system.

Similar to what Chris Rock said about Hollywood and Black comedians... only ONE can be "hot" and get the "black comedian package deal" at atime.

D.C. musically, no different. Dude having the opportunity to go overseas -- and ACTUALLY GOING -- was a brilliant move.

Politics are ALWAYS goin to be apart of the game. For real. Up here on Campus.. nothin but herbs and Bamma's makin decisions that shouldnt be.

Some good dudes workin for the one's makin those decisions makin them look good. Just play the game until you are makin the game your own.

ROCK youve said nothing but the truth but at times frustration gets the best of a brotha...and it's easy to start doubting yourself. but i'll definitely put your words on my brain and burn. thanks for giving nothing but wisdom

EOH thank you...DIMEZ thank you...SHOECHICK thank you for the slot, you REALLY helped a brothaout...VARI the few joints on my page are downloadable. if you can't get em send me a pm and i'll pm you a link for Politics As Usual

NIN0 i'm down to build

Similar to what Chris Rock said about Hollywood and Black comedians... only ONE can be "hot" and get the "black comedian package deal" at a time
^^^ no bulls***...you aint never lied lol

Politics As Usual
My favorite sample and Stylistics song of all time... if that is what it is.

Please PM that.

We can get a "DMV remix" (I perfer to say "urea" of course) going and dropped before Fall '08.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Originally Posted by Nin0 Brown

Rock - Perfectly said

Solefood - Get @ me if u'd like..stay up Varisoxfan - I'd def like to hear some of your feedback...you hold no punches and you're just being honest. I respect that...check the sig for a couple of tracks

Peace

Solid Stuff, the first song on your page has a early Scarface/UGKish type of sound lots of different styles in your stuff! Keep up the good work, anywhere I can get the .mp3's for it to put on my ipod??
Thanks for the positive feedback, I must admit, if u didnt like it was gonna go at ur throat!, lmao, just playin fam...Im currently slavin away @ mydesk, but if u pm ur email addy, I can shoot u a few tracks once I get home...I think I have some on others as well. I cant check pm's on my work comp, soI got u later on. Rock - props again fam...intelligent posts and real $hit... DJ Heat - Sup babygirl, I was on a phone call lastnight for about 2hrs, so Ididnt get ur reply til late. I respect all of my peers opinion even if I have never met them or only met them once. So with that being said; Heat, I will comeharder next time, lol ( u hurt my feelins tho, lol )

eyes of hazel wrote:

laugh.gif
@ DCShoeChick saying "bammas" multiple times.

Aye YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
roll.gif

Thats what I said!!!
laugh.gif
I was like She throwin them joints out likeNinja Stars today!!!!

Yo.... question? If I download the stuf you guys are postin links of.. Can I load it onto my ipod? I got the good Travel joint.. work out joint listen to itin my Ride ipod now.. Play it at my desk, cause they let us blaire our Music for Inspiration up here...

And I'd love nuthin else than to say this are fools from MY UREA.. when they come by the desk askin.. "Who is that" So for those who havelinks.. TOWEH can attest.. send a CD to the masses.. it aint but $15 dollars or less for a thick pack of them joints to burn...

You dont even need a Cover Case.. All I need is Black Ink on my CD and I will even paypal ya the money to send it to me. If ANYONE here knows me.. I am ALLabout helping those who want to help themselves.. and if that means playin your music cause someone wants to put a track on a commercial or have you performsomewhere for an event..

So be it ...Im here like others to be your Inspiration.

I wouldn't look at it like. ... Dag. Wale made it.. how come I didn't.
I'd be lookin at it like Dag!! Wale made it.. .SHIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOT.. I KNOW I can then....

Get BACK on your Grind... Eyes, DJ Heat and anyone else can only OPEN doors but they can walk you thru it.

eyes of hazel wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Thats what I said!!!
laugh.gif

Yo.... question? If I download the stuf you guys are postin links of.. Can I load it onto my ipod? I got the good Travel joint.. work out joint listen to itin my Ride ipod now.. Play it at my desk, cause they let us blaire our Music for Inspiration up here...

And I'd love nuthin else than to say this are fools from MY UREA.. when they come by the desk askin.. "Who is that" So for those who havelinks.. TOWEH can attest.. send a CD to the masses.. it aint but $15 dollars or less for a thick pack of them joints to burn...

You dont even need a Cover Case.. All I need is Black Ink on my CD and I will even paypal ya the money to send it to me. If ANYONE here knows me.. I am ALLabout helping those who want to help themselves.. and if that means playin your music cause someone wants to put a track on a commercial or have you performsomewhere for an event..

I'd be lookin at it like Dag!! Wale made it.. .SHIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOT.. I KNOW I can then....

Get BACK on your Grind... Eyes, DJ Heat and anyone else can only OPEN doors but they can walk you thru it.

eyes of hazel wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Thats what I said!!!
laugh.gif

eyes of hazel wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Thats what I said!!!
laugh.gif

eyes of hazel wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Thats what I said!!!
laugh.gif

eyes of hazel wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Thats what I said!!!
laugh.gif

eyes of hazel wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Thats what I said!!!
laugh.gif

eyes of hazel wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Thats what I said!!!
laugh.gif

eyes of hazel wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Thats what I said!!!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom