Back the @#$% up....

I am work and work and my desk is very small. It's open ended and up high so customers can come around and look at my computer. This happens very often where a customer will come and just harbor around me and seems to have no respect for my personal space. I ask them to have a seat unto which they answer no I'm fine and it makes me feel very uncomfortable.

How do I say back up without coming off as rude?

tumblr_ltnguuq65f1qgv4uuo1_500.gif

You're making me feel very uncomfortable so can you please take a seat?
If they still don't do it just stare them down until they get uncomfortable.

I mean, with a job like that...you're not even supposed to be using the internet for personal reasons with customers around.

Is it like a Verizon store...large area with customers walking around looking at phones and such?

Originally Posted by iYen

You're making me feel very uncomfortable so can you please take a seat?
If they still don't do it just stare them down until they get uncomfortable.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

I mean, with a job like that...you're not even supposed to be using the internet for personal reasons with customers around.

Is it like a Verizon store...large area with customers walking around looking at phones and such?

he didn't say he was using the net for personal reasons, just that people have a tendency to invade his personal space

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Yeah its a very open area customers have free range to move around. I never said that I used it for personal reasons. I said they were invading my personal space..like getting to close to me. I tried the extended elbow, but even then they dont get the hint. Hell I even did a fake sneeze to back them up to no avail.

When I worked in a mailroom people would always do it. I mean like getting up RIGHT now to me. I'd tell them to wait by the door but later got a half door installed.

Back
Top Bottom