Bad customer service because your young and a minorty Unappreciation

Man I'm a guy that loves to tip. Most of the time people will give me bad customer service though, but I still tip them to prove them wrong. I imaginethat they do this becuase they don't expect a young cat like me to tip. I'm tired of that crap! Yesterday my girl and I went to TAO and got the worsecustmoer service you can possibly get. I mean it happens everywhere but this guy was pushing it. I'm pretty sure it has happened to you guys. What'sthe deal with these people?

I don't know dude, if they come off wrong from beginning then I will definitely address them and then proceed to ask for another person that will takeorder properly. I also tip based on attitude so yeah they lose I win.

Its a known fact that most black people don't tip (I know this because I worked at a restaurant) so when they see me sitdown they get the long face. Ialways compensate by leaving great tips tho.

Well as a guy working on Comm. I usually work up a census of the type of people that buy big purchases. Call it profiling but Im usually right.

I've experienced this eariler this morning. I was at the coach store and the people we're rather disrespectful. Some stores belive that young peoplejust browse and therefore they don't need to show them respect because they arent potential customers.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Its a known fact that most black people don't tip (I know this because I worked at a restaurant) so when they see me sitdown they get the long face. I always compensate by leaving great tips tho.

^
they are not forced to TIP at all, it is just a common courtesy.

Your job is super simple, you take order and bring the plates accordingly. Based on your performance and attitude someone kind enough will tip you just forpoliteness sake.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

The only place Ive had bad service at was Denny's.
Same here, the last time I went there with my cousin and brother, they tried to charge us before we even got to order something.
indifferent.gif

I worked at TGIFridays for a little under a year also and black people almost NEVER tip... i worked my +!$ of this one time for 19 people having a birthdayparty that was 4-5 hours long and got $5. Sounds racist but only 10% of black folks tip, so by the time I left, I was only working hard for white people.

had a bad experience with TAO too.. well more so the Venetian.. they tried giving us a different suite than the one we had booked..

i work in sales for marriott.. so i just went off on em cause i know how hotels work.. i guess you just gotta know how to complain to the manager effectively..

but young + minority FTL in terms of receiving good customer service..

Bad Customer Service Unappreciation would have been fine...I know plenty of elderly white people that don't like bad customer service either.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

I worked at TGIFridays for a little under a year also and black people almost NEVER tip... i worked my +!$ of this one time for 19 people having a birthday party that was 4-5 hours long and got $5. Sounds racist but only 10% of black folks tip, so by the time I left, I was only working hard for white people.

DATS CRAZY......19 PEOPLE FIVE DOLLARS?

I just got a Blackberry Bold at a HIGHLY reduced rate because of some suspect treatment by an instore rep at AT&T

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Well as a guy working on Comm. I usually work up a census of the type of people that buy big purchases. Call it profiling but Im usually right.
Basically, If I have a dude that wants me to pricecheck a stack of clearance video games as opposed to a family who is lookin for a tv for theirliving room and needs the whole shabang, you can tell who im gonna help first.

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

Basically, If I have a dude that wants me to pricecheck a stack of clearance video games as opposed to a family who is lookin for a tv for their living room and needs the whole shabang, you can tell who im gonna help first.
The one who goes to you first right.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

I just got a Blackberry Bold at a HIGHLY reduced rate because of some suspect treatment by an instore rep at AT&T
son tell me how you did it I wanna abuse the system and get a Bold at a HIGLY reduced rate as well. But back to the topic it happens, I used toget treated like garbage when I went out to dinner or to high-end designer boutiques. It's whatever though, if the service is bad I tip less.

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

I've experienced this eariler this morning. I was at the coach store and the people we're rather disrespectful. Some stores belive that young people just browse and therefore they don't need to show them respect because they arent potential customers.
Yea I can't stand that *%$ either, but its so very funny to watch how they change their attitudes when you show interest, or better yet payfor it all, htey totally change

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

Basically, If I have a dude that wants me to pricecheck a stack of clearance video games as opposed to a family who is lookin for a tv for their living room and needs the whole shabang, you can tell who im gonna help first.
The one who goes to you first right.
indifferent.gif
If I have somebody indecisive nagging me on some bs, I really don't care, I dont make enough for me to cater to everyone at the same time, Igot no problems helping whoever when my store isnt busy and rushed, but when I open my deparment and I'm the only one there I have to make those decisionsabout who I'm going to help. Spending 20 minutes on a return while a customer is ready to buy a tv is not making me any money. I got no problem helpingpeople when its not crazy busy though, Yesterday a dude came back to return a TomTom gps because he said it didnt have text to speech, i told him to leave itand i'd see if I could get it to work (I couldn't fix it in the store because it needed open sky to connect to the satelite, I took it out on my lunchand got it to work and he picked it up 20 minutes later. Something I sure as hell didn't have to do, the sale only payed me $2.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Its a known fact that most black people don't tip (I know this because I worked at a restaurant) so when they see me sit down they get the long face. I always compensate by leaving great tips tho.
What a stereotypical comment even if you said "Most black people". I'm black I tip according only to the hospitality I receive, frommy Barber to the waiter/waitress. I work at restaurant as well, this non-tipping can be said by European tourists, they believe its unethical and you boughtfull service in a restaurant, meaning as a waiter you are part of the service in the restaurant and why they shouldn't tip is part of their culture indining.

I crack jokes with my waiter or waitress... then I'll tip afterwards based on the service, or if I have any request, I'll pull them to the side and askfor whatever and sneak $5 in their hand.

THIS WORKS ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE RESPECTFUL AND NOT ACTING LIKE AN +%$

Back
Top Bottom