Bad customer service because your young and a minorty Unappreciation

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

The only place Ive had bad service at was Denny's.

Really? I always get good service at Denny's.

It's usually a elderly black woman. I'd give like a $10 tip because they're so nice..
laugh.gif

But like the majority of you.. Bad service = No tip. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Originally Posted by faulkit28

i think the "crapple"bee's by me has the worst customer service. Me and the fam(we're black) get there and they give us the what you can't order stuff as soon as we hit the door, were not even seated yet. So we go ,whatever, crapplebee's has the 1/2 price apps after 10 p.m. and we're starving. So the place isn't that crowded, we're waiting for the waiter/watress to take our order, she takes our order with an atitude, she messed up our order's and drinks, plus she was flirting with some of the other customers she had so she totally ingnored us the whole night. So we ask for the manager. He comes to us and explains the situation to us, but dude was trying to be our friend on some "hey you guys like, lil wezzy" "you guys got a myspace"? "Do you got a myspace"? Yo, dude! Don't be my friend, be my manager and handle your employee's better. Anyway our order was free, and homegirl got no tip. I just customer service in general has just gone down the hill.
eek.gif

sick.gif

smh.gif
This whole crappy customer service problem has alot to do with the people who are serving you..alot of them are from OUR generation..the iGeneration which of course is made up of alot of loser/slacker dudes and good for nothing spoiled girls. Young people tend to be more impatient as employees from what I see.
And if its a local restaurant, from your own community.

This thread reminded me of the bad/slow service I always get when I go to Dennys with a friend of mines. He's a cheap bastard and doesn't leave tips. So everytime we go with him to eat at Dennys, our food takes forever to come out. Everytime we leave him out, we get our food back in about 5 minutes justafter our drinks. If its a restaurant I frequent then I tend to be friendly with the staff and leave good tips just so that they remember me. If I get badservice at a place, I either a) don't return to that place or b) make a complaint to the manager and make them aware of the issue.

For that person with the 19 person party, wasn't gratuity already added to the bill?

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

I worked at TGIFridays for a little under a year also and black people almost NEVER tip... i worked my +!$ of this one time for 19 people having a birthday party that was 4-5 hours long and got $5. Sounds racist but only 10% of black folks tip, so by the time I left, I was only working hard for white people.

eek.gif

Working at IHOP, I got a 12-14 people having a graduation dinner....$70 tip. All black people.
Maybe I'm just a better waiter

I feel you OP I'm black and sometimes I just have to leave a place if the service is bad, but this happens too often...but even if service is bad I feel Ishould tip well as a reflection of who I be..

Stereotypes are going to always exist as long as there are different races mixing it up. Get over it. As long as there are the stereotypical people doing thestereotypical things, nothing is going to change. Each race or gender has to work against a lot of adversity in different situations. Even though I am white, Iam stereotyped to leave fat tips whenever I go to a nice restaurant, even when the food and service is sub par with some of these overrated "nice"chain restaurants (i.e. Cheesecake, PF Changs, Bonefish Grille).
I used to work at a grocery store where Indian people would ask for discounts on everything from grapes to cereal to milk. SMH.
A friend of mine worked at bestbuy where Indian people would ask for "10% discount" or "let me speak to your manager about that discount".Indian people are by far the cheapest people I have encountered.

Matter fact today I went to this chinese store today to get some chow mein...I order a chicken chow mein and the lady is like "you do know chow mein isnot the noodles(lo mein) right?...because I'm black I wasn't supposed to know the difference. I washed up the chow mein anyway it was on point
smile.gif

yeap i feel you on that this girl thinks she can cuss at us and she thought she was like "down" with us smh

laugh.gif
no offense to anyone but i hate taking big tables (especially if its aminority)
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

I understand when people say blacks dont tip and well at times its very true

laugh.gif
no offense to anyone but i hate taking big tables (especially if its a minority)
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

I understand when people say blacks dont tip and well at times its very true

My girl use to sit people at Fox Sports Grill and one time she sat three Black couples to an area and the waitress came up to my girl and asked why was she sopissed off at her.......

But we tip well (I'm Latino and shes Black)

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

The only place Ive had bad service at was Denny's.
Word

And it was by a fellow Mexican looking dude
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
I remember I've sat down in a dennys for 45 minutes with a party of 7 people and not even been asked what we wanted to drink. When theyfinally came we just put in our order and walked out.

Originally Posted by biff lawson

Matter fact today I went to this chinese store today to get some chow mein...I order a chicken chow mein and the lady is like "you do know chow mein is not the noodles(lo mein) right?...because I'm black I wasn't supposed to know the difference.
You're more at fault for assuming she said it because you're black.

I get terrible service constantly. It ends up always being with an issue, because more often than not im with a proud black woman who don't stand for that+@!@. I just can't understand that mindset "black folk don't tip well, so they won't get my best service." Then at the end of their mealand crappy service you go complaining to your co workers "they didn't even tip". Like you think we can't see you giving the white couple twotables over better service?

I do tip well for excellent service though.

Originally Posted by NyStAtEoFmInD5150

people always got something to complain about. stop using the minorty excuse, its getting real old now.
tired.gif

are you slow? there are restaurant workers in this post admitting to giving poor service due to the patrons being minority.

i feel you maaaaaan i just experienced that when i got my breaks done dude was seriously treatin me like he didnt want my money being rude,lying to me sayingtold me the price when he didnt say a dam thing. he's just lucky his body shop is 1 block away from the police station or i had the lil homies run up hisspot.

Originally Posted by NyStAtEoFmInD5150

people always got something to complain about. stop using the minorty excuse, its getting real old now.
tired.gif

Can you read? Obviously it IS an issue if actual restaurant workers in this very thread admit the practice is true. Hell, I was a waiter and I know it isfirst-hand. So don't say something like "stop using the minority excuse, blah blah blah", as if it adds anything to this conversation. You'rewrong...

Originally Posted by Purple Face

To those that work in restaurants: is there one particular race that orders hot water to put their utensils in your restaurant?

Asian fobs. my parents used to do it all the time when i was small
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by neukicks

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

I've experienced this eariler this morning. I was at the coach store and the people we're rather disrespectful. Some stores belive that young people just browse and therefore they don't need to show them respect because they arent potential customers.
Yea I can't stand that *%$ either, but its so very funny to watch how they change their attitudes when you show interest, or better yet pay for it all, htey totally change

Yep, flash a credit card or a couple 20's and they switch up their tone real quick.

I'll call it how I see it, and you can take it how you want.
1) You won't get good customer service if you look broke.

2) Younger crowds are prone to not tipping, so they also get the cold shoulder.

3) There's a stigma that African Americans don't tip and if they do, it's not the standard 15%

4) If you don't want to tip, than get take out. Simple as that, no one is there to serve you for free. Servers livelihood depend on those tips, as theirhourly rate is about .50 cents to 3.00 an hr.

5) All minorities don't get the cold shoulder, from my observation it's just the African Americans that get the brunt of the horrible service.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

I worked at TGIFridays for a little under a year also and black people almost NEVER tip... i worked my +!$ of this one time for 19 people having a birthday party that was 4-5 hours long and got $5. Sounds racist but only 10% of black folks tip, so by the time I left, I was only working hard for white people.

DATS CRAZY......19 PEOPLE FIVE DOLLARS?

Yea thats why when I got out with friends our my family , we big on tipping . Most the time you can tell they dont think we tip but we always tip big . Itsfunny , if I only knew what they think after we leave and they have a big tip.

Back
Top Bottom