Bad customer service because your young and a minorty Unappreciation

a lot of people dont realize that waiters dont make any money beside tips ... when i was working at the olive garden in bklyn the pay was 4.25 a hour + tips soif you dont make tips u dont make money

I'm young and latino. So we're in the same boat I guess. But I can't really remember the last time I got bad service. I'd say it's all inhow you and the server hit it off. They always approach like, "Hello, my name is ___, how are you all doing this evening?" And I follow with a properresponse, "Fine and yourself?" It's a way to distinguish yourself I guess from the young and immature. I say just present yourself as a humbleindividual. If that doesn't work, the tip goes lower, and lower, and lower. But I've never had to stiffsomebody. Co-sign on bad-service @ Denny's tho. That's the worst cust. service I've ever gotten anywhere.

Originally Posted by Twig1026

bad service = no tip anyway...%!!% 'em

thats how i see it as well. but my chick always wants me to leave a couple dollars anyway.
smh.gif

Lol...

Go ahead and give me bad service, I'll leave a tip anyways...

But you can go ahead and pay for my meal after I skip on the bill....

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

Originally Posted by Twig1026

bad service = no tip anyway...%!!% 'em

thats how i see it as well. but my chick always wants me to leave a couple dollars anyway.
smh.gif
Word, I always feel bad and leave something. Sometimes I leave a note telling them why the tip was short.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

What if the place they work at pays them according to how good of a worker they are. I tip all the time i go out, but i rather the company pay the expenses. Im a big saver so the tip of $5 on a $10 meal could go to my saving account.

They pretty much made it okay for people to pay the wages of their employees. I know everyone has that back up saying "Its kind of a way for the worker to work hard for their money in providing godly like service.

Nobody tips a customer service rep for doing a good job, the place of work does that. So if they(the company) paid great wages to their waiters then they would always provide good service. Then there would be no problem when its comes to (yea i know this person is not going to leave a good tip "look at em.") Therefore there will be no stereotyping according to the person appearance.

I have to conform to the tip rule, because everyone wants to give the restaurants the okie doke to make us pay their workers.
You have to admit though, its a smart move on the restaurant owner's side:

Keep most of the revenue for yourself, minimize expenditures (ie wages, usually the biggest component of a company's expenses) by paying workers belowminimum wage.
Then make YOUR customers feel bad for your workers (tips are how they survive on these streets, sir!) and pressure them into tipping. Having yourcustomer's subsidize your payroll? Pretty smart if you ask me.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

I worked at TGIFridays for a little under a year also and black people almost NEVER tip... i worked my +!$ of this one time for 19 people having a birthday party that was 4-5 hours long and got $5. Sounds racist but only 10% of black folks tip, so by the time I left, I was only working hard for white people.

eek.gif

Working at IHOP, I got a 12-14 people having a graduation dinner....$70 tip. All black people.
Maybe I'm just a better waiter
That could be true as well. Some waiters just expect to get Saudi-type tips, regardless of how they perform.

I'd have to say though that potential customers who either a) Look rich or b) are female or c) look mature are going to get preferential treatment,regardless. I see this all the time at car dealerships.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Lol...

Go ahead and give me bad service, I'll leave a tip anyways...

But you can go ahead and pay for my meal after I skip on the bill....

Thats how it goes down at ihop on those late nights of getting poor service.

Do black people not tip well bc they just don't like to tip/are cheap/whatever or bc there's already a preconceived notion that we don't tip sotherefore the service is poor?

Something to think about...

hate when this happens. me and my girl like to eat out, but its just fustrating. one time we went to "black bear diner" and waited an hour and a halfjust for our order to be taken. didn't noticed cause we were enjoying eachothers company, but def was mad after checking the clock. another time, i had asprite with no ice (hate ice cause it waters down the drink with all the ice they use at restaurants) and the lady came to fill me up and asked what i had andi told her sprite, but she didn't believe me and poured me water thinking i was trying to get a free drink, then our first waiter walked in and told her(she never came back after that). and almost every time we go out to eat they take their time to take our order, almost never check up on us, and whenwe're ready to go they are never anywhere around to help us. SMH at people like that

I always walk out at buffalo wild wings
laugh.gif
. man that place is so good. I got a fake id now so i drink brewskies with my wings now
laugh.gif
. Ima big boy now. Butcustomer service has gone down hill over the past couple of years! Especially with everything being automated and crap

Back
Top Bottom