Bad ebay buying experience...Jordan III's misrepresented

I wouldn't have cared if I paid $40 for this shoe if it were described as maybe 6/10 and I could use it as a beater. Bear in mind it was described as "worn twice on a "clean floor," cleaned, and placed back in the box where it has been since."

clean floor? In afghanistan, maybe.
33ldt6r.jpg

Dog doo doo? I didn't smell them, although they do smell like cigarettes from about a foot away.
2lwkpqc.jpg

tread on toe and heel worn as if balled in
t6s1mw.jpg

even III midsoles don't crack/fade like this after "2 uses"
1zfpopi.jpg

i couldn't get good captures of the uppers, but they are worn as if worn dozens of times
15rhxg8.jpg

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

So I bought a pair of pre-owned Flip III's. The buyer stated in the auction that they were "worn twice on a clean floor, cleaned, and put back in box." Upon receiving them, the outsoles were DISGUSTING. It looked as if they were played in on black tar, with pebbles in the tread to boot. Also, the midsoles are cracked and look as if they'll get progressively worse. The uppers also have fading/scuffing. If I were to guess, I'd say these were worn carelessly dozens of times. Pictures on the auction were very misleading.

I've contacted the seller requesting a full refund to no avail and have already started the ebay/paypal claim process. I have a lot of experience buying and selling, member since 2000, and have bought and sold Jordans with much success.

Has anyone had similar horror stories and how likely is it that I'll be successful in receiving a refund from the seller (pretty low rating) or via the claim process? This is super frustrating as I have never had trouble buying a pair of Air Jordans through ebay, even pre-owned.

mad.gif

This is exactly one of the reasons why I don't buy used kicks from ebay only Deadstock. However if I come across a pair of used kicks I might want to buy they better be listed as in 9 or 9.5 condition or better and they have to be favorite jordans of mine. Another thing is that if I buy used kicks that the seller has at least 99% or higher feedback.  Just out of curiosity what was the seller's name?
nerd.gif

I hope you can get a refund .

Seeing that makes me think twice about a pair of 18s someone is selling on ebay. Dude says their lightly used and come in original box, but pic shows kicks on a box other than the one the 18s came in. Messaged the dude to see if the kicks include the towel and brush, and if I can get a pic of the actual box. You definitely have to be careful with used kicks off ebay...

Ebay is probably the most safe shopping experience ever. If the shoes weren't satisfactory, ship them back. Take an L for the shipping costs, and after a couple of good deals, the return shipping pays for itself.

Also, this:
Originally Posted by zyr12wnb

eBay sides with the buyer 99% of the time, you will be okay OP.

To be honest, i've had worse experiences with people selling on NikeTalk than ebay. This almost always has to happen to you ONCE so that you can learn, and dont make the same mistakes. I have no problem asking a million questions. If they cant answer, they can keep their shoes.

My very first purchase on NT was this punk that sold me some 2k3 cement 3's that were repainted. you couldnt tell in the pictures, because the "angles". I was livid, because upon first wear, the paint literally started to fall off. My fiance pointed it out with a "omg, whats happening to your shoes??"

When i made a public complaint, i was told to "don't knock another man's hustle". Really?

Since then i've spent thousands of dollars in the NT BS forum only buying from reputable sellers. Until AGAIN some punk strung me along with not sending my shoes for a month. I got a "my bad dog, been busy". i couldn't care less.

I don't buy off NT anymore, and won't until they introduce a feedback system. Occasionally I do a meet up, and the last deal was a long time member, and friend of a friend. I cleaned out 75% of his collection for a $10K deal, and did that in person as well.

Meanwhile Ebay has been flawless. I've bought from Sweden even, without any problems.

You're lucky since youre the buyer, you'll get a refund.

Good luck!

I have never had any problems on ebay. I would imagine as the buyer if you file a dispute, you will get your money back.

Ill never buy used 3s again, had a problem too. Sellers know they're midsole paint is cracked, but they do their best to make sure their pictures a crappy enough to hide it.

I have only bought used once... only because of a lot of tagged/dated pics to show wear... other than that... I stick with deadstock only

whenever i list stuff i've worn already, i usually list the condition as being slightly worse then what they really are and state that everyone has their own defnintion of vnds and what not. yeah it might cost me a few bucks but i've never had a single complaint or problem with selling used shoes.

yep dude sent me a pair of squeaky VIIs. he said they never squeaked for him. is that even possible?

go through with the paypal claim and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by rareair45

Hate dishonest sellers. Hopefully everything turns out ok for you.
QFT, 
i bought sum cdp 5 from niketalk couple weeks ago and the seller sent me a used pair instead of a ds pair.. tried to contact him couple of times.. didnt work... i used buy alot of shoes from niketalk but i guess i wont be buying anymore.. ppl cant be trusted these days. 

Same thing happened to me before too. I was buying what thought were the white/obsidian/ice 10's and they were super clean in the picture but when I got them it wasn't even the same shoe I got some fake all black ones with a blue inside and they didn't even fit on my feet even though the tag said sz 13. Needless to say I got my money back immediately but I've been buying off there since I started liking jordans and that's the only time I had a bad experience

Man, from seeing those pictures, I highly doubt it that he used it twice on a clean floor.
I don't mind buying used shoes as long as the quality is at least 8/10.
And I just don't buy from anyone. I look for sellers I can definitely trust.
So far I've only bought 4 pairs from ebay, two VVNDS ('09 retro True Blue III and Chrome VIII's) but from a person I have contact with from U.S.
a DS AJKO, and a DS AJVII "Orlando Magic" from a guy in Vancouver when I was there last summer.
The one I bought the VVNDS' and DS was a trusted seller and he only made a new account to sell his collections, so it's all good.
And I always ask for tagged pics, so far I've never been disappointed, and hopefully it won't happen to me in the future.

I don't see ebay as my first priority in buying online as I got connections. People like Corgishoe from Los Angeles, etc.
I actually got a Deadstock pair of 2010 retro Cool Gray XI from him a month ago, definitely a trusted seller.
Seeing that you've been a member since 2000 I'm thinking you know that it's a bad idea to buy from sellers with only few feedbacks.

Anyway, the best thing to do is file a claim and hope you get the refund.

Those look like they've been worn twice...through quicksand and an asphalt blaster. Sheesh!! Sorry dude!!

Seller finally got back to me. How convienent, a day after I filed a claim. He's saying that it was "another person's auction under his account," whatever that means. I shipped them back today with delivery confirmation AND insurance, in hopes that he doesn't pull the "I never got them back" card.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

To be honest, i've had worse experiences with people selling on NikeTalk than ebay. This almost always has to happen to you ONCE so that you can learn, and dont make the same mistakes. I have no problem asking a million questions. If they cant answer, they can keep their shoes.

My very first purchase on NT was this punk that sold me some 2k3 cement 3's that were repainted. you couldnt tell in the pictures, because the "angles". I was livid, because upon first wear, the paint literally started to fall off. My fiance pointed it out with a "omg, whats happening to your shoes??"

When i made a public complaint, i was told to "don't knock another man's hustle". Really?

Since then i've spent thousands of dollars in the NT BS forum only buying from reputable sellers. Until AGAIN some punk strung me along with not sending my shoes for a month. I got a "my bad dog, been busy". i couldn't care less.

I don't buy off NT anymore, and won't until they introduce a feedback system. Occasionally I do a meet up, and the last deal was a long time member, and friend of a friend. I cleaned out 75% of his collection for a $10K deal, and did that in person as well.

Meanwhile Ebay has been flawless. I've bought from Sweden even, without any problems.

You're lucky since youre the buyer, you'll get a refund.

Good luck!

Ditto on the feedback system. Also wouldn't mind rep system for those who contribute to like outlet and store updates

Back
Top Bottom