Bad ebay buying experience...Jordan III's misrepresented

Originally Posted by aphexacid

To be honest, i've had worse experiences with people selling on NikeTalk than ebay. This almost always has to happen to you ONCE so that you can learn, and dont make the same mistakes. I have no problem asking a million questions. If they cant answer, they can keep their shoes.

My very first purchase on NT was this punk that sold me some 2k3 cement 3's that were repainted. you couldnt tell in the pictures, because the "angles". I was livid, because upon first wear, the paint literally started to fall off. My fiance pointed it out with a "omg, whats happening to your shoes??"

When i made a public complaint, i was told to "don't knock another man's hustle". Really?

Since then i've spent thousands of dollars in the NT BS forum only buying from reputable sellers. Until AGAIN some punk strung me along with not sending my shoes for a month. I got a "my bad dog, been busy". i couldn't care less.

I don't buy off NT anymore, and won't until they introduce a feedback system. Occasionally I do a meet up, and the last deal was a long time member, and friend of a friend. I cleaned out 75% of his collection for a $10K deal, and did that in person as well.

Meanwhile Ebay has been flawless. I've bought from Sweden even, without any problems.

You're lucky since youre the buyer, you'll get a refund.

Good luck!

where on this message board can i find a buyer like you 
eek.gif

That's a bad break OP. I sell on ebay and when it comes to used kicks, I always make sure to take detailed pictures of the spots where there's some obvious wear and describe in detail where there might be damage. Usually when I have a buyer hit me back about something on them, it's because they just skimmed through the listing and didn't really read anything or look at the pics. Some sellers out there are just sheisty.

This stuff happens here, too. I've had plenty of honest ebay transactions. The key is to look for tagged pics and focus on the lighting to make sure they didn't use any camera or p/s tricks.

Definite refund, send them back with dirt in the shoes. Hate scammers I remember when clowns like Face82 scammed someone for 11/12 CDP pack and then when he could not pay in 2 months said times are tough. Lames.

Thats why i ask for dated/tagged pix

You can go take pix of EVERY shoe you have in different areas and just store them. clean up the exif data and scam.
But my thing is if you really wanna sell something you'll do what the buyer asks.

People ask me for crazy requests and i facilitate if they aren't some newb buyer, 0 feedback though i don't even respond.....

Dang I thought I could have a little more faith in NT members, but sucks to hear some of these stories. I always thought eBay was worse after I got stuck with a pair of fake cool grey IIIs with painted elephant print. In fact I knew I was had as soon as I saw the box was from China (somehow had his eBay location listed as US) and crumpled Chinese newspaper to cushion the double box. I got paid out by PayPal after the seller never responded.

I figured hand written tags was a good rule, but maybe NT should also enforce a minimum picture limit. For example, when I sell, I post pics of both shoes (left and right) with shots of the front, back, bottom, left, and right. And no funny angles for "artistic" appeal. Just straight on so that what you see is what you get.

I also agree with what someone said about being open to buyer requests for more pics or details about certain areas of the shoe in question. The way I see it is make sure both sides are on the same page as to what is being sold so there is no hassle and frustration dealing with the aftermath.

it's the nature of the beast. i haven't been burnt on nt, even though i am international (even managed a multi shoe swap one time!). had a couple of run ins on ebay (tiny percentage). just today took delivery of some fakes. i'm not sore, just annoyed to have to go through the process. covered by paypal, should be alright.

thing about ebay is that everyone is selling their shoes for outrageous prices and u tend to jump on those good deals

Ebay usually takes care of its buyers. My experience with paypal alone is that if the seller doesn't have any intention of doing the right thing, your claim is basically useless.

Frenchblue nailed it on the head. If they don't have good enough pics then ask for more. IMHO i feel more confident buying off here because of the "requirements" i wish the BAY had tagged pic req's.

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Sigh...
If you knew he had a Low Rating why would you expect him to be telling the truth?
IF you payed with Paypal your money should be coming back to you.
This is why I buy from the Niketalk Forums, & the Mall.
the SAME OR WORSE can happen from sellers on here as well. best bet is to go to the store. hope the OP got his $ back though

ebay buyers protection will get you your money back but unfortunately you will have to pay for shipping them back to the SELLER.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

ebay buyers protection will get you your money back but unfortunately you will have to pay for shipping them back to the SELLER.

I WOULD RATHER PAY FOR SHIPPING THEM BACK THEN LOSE OUT ON ALL MY $

you should post the pics he used in the auction as well i wanna see what they were supposed to look like

When anyone write something along the lines of "worn only once on a sparkling italian marble floor that was just cleaned with lysol and waxed then put back in the box" I automatically expect it's been worn at least a dozen times and definitely been outside
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom