Bape NY closing down.... Vol. This ain't 2004 no more....

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

never been to a bape or bbc store.

But I do love Bape and BBC. Sad to see the store close I have always copped my stuff from webstores but I had hopes of visiting the NY store eventually. I'm wondering how much longer BBC has. They lowered the price of their tees this summer (from 80 to 60). I wonder if they have some plan to keep the line relative and actually in the hands of consumers.

The new owners want to focus more on China. So they closed down all the North America stores. Bape is still pretty big in Hong Kong, dudes still line up.
eyes.gif

Bape 2011 fall line is 
pimp.gif

The new owners want to focus more on China. So they closed down all the North America stores. Bape is still pretty big in Hong Kong, dudes still line up.
eyes.gif

Bape 2011 fall line is 
pimp.gif

Never rocked any of their stuff but I always admired their design and branding.

This is more of a consolidation and refocusing than a white flag though. The brand is hotter than ever in much of Asia.

They are going to focus on their core demographic for now and come back to fickle American hypebeasts when the time is right.

Bape isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

This is more of a consolidation and refocusing than a white flag though. The brand is hotter than ever in much of Asia.

They are going to focus on their core demographic for now and come back to fickle American hypebeasts when the time is right.

goldenchild9 wrote:

Yeah it's hard to believe but there even bigger now over there. 

There's always ebay so my American fashion connoisseurs shouldn't worry. Sucks that their closing the stores tho
tired.gif

goldenchild9 wrote:

Yeah it's hard to believe but there even bigger now over there. 

There's always ebay so my American fashion connoisseurs shouldn't worry. Sucks that their closing the stores tho
tired.gif

Americas Fast Food mentality pretty much killed Bapes following in America.Folks considered it a fad and dismissed bape as soon as it showed

Americas Fast Food mentality pretty much killed Bapes following in America.Folks considered it a fad and dismissed bape as soon as it showed

Back
Top Bottom