Bape NY closing down.... Vol. This ain't 2004 no more....

I had a purple BAPE hoody in '06...the only thing I ever bought tho. And like a jackbutt, I left it at my girlfriend at the time's house while she was in town for Christmas break, and she took it back to Virginia. We broke up 3 months later, and she told me "I don't know how you're goin' to get your hoody..."

That's when BAPE died to me.

I had a purple BAPE hoody in '06...the only thing I ever bought tho. And like a jackbutt, I left it at my girlfriend at the time's house while she was in town for Christmas break, and she took it back to Virginia. We broke up 3 months later, and she told me "I don't know how you're goin' to get your hoody..."

That's when BAPE died to me.

Bape had/has some stuff I got 2 pairs of Bapestas like a year or so ago on Ebay for the low. Glad I copped haven't worn one pair yet tho.

Bape had/has some stuff I got 2 pairs of Bapestas like a year or so ago on Ebay for the low. Glad I copped haven't worn one pair yet tho.

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Good. Too much hype and Raping prices!

Co-sign!

Did you just co-sign yourself?

I was fortunate enough to visit the BAPE store when I visited New York last year. I don't see what the hate for BAPE is, I always liked their clothing. Apart from their prices, I didn't see it as just another fad to come and go.

Co-sign!

I was fortunate enough to visit the BAPE store when I visited New York last year. I don't see what the hate for BAPE is, I always liked their clothing. Apart from their prices, I didn't see it as just another fad to come and go.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Co-sign!

roll.gif

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Co-sign!

roll.gif

Why play in the neighborhood dollar movie theater when you can be selling out the IMAX 3-D stadium-seating megaplex?
Bape just went from the minor leagues to MLB.  

In the global economy, especially fashion, China is the promised land.  Quiksilver started focusing their efforts there in 2003 and they already have over 60 stores open in mainland China.  

Unfortunately, the U.S. isn't as financially profitable OR cool and globally influential as it was in the 20th Century.  

After WWII, Japan used to monitor American culture and feed off it.  But these days in Asia, in Hong Kong and China, especially, American culture is lightweight and our product is considered cheap and low-quality.

A Bathing Ape is about to be huger than it ever was.

Why play in the neighborhood dollar movie theater when you can be selling out the IMAX 3-D stadium-seating megaplex?
Bape just went from the minor leagues to MLB.  

In the global economy, especially fashion, China is the promised land.  Quiksilver started focusing their efforts there in 2003 and they already have over 60 stores open in mainland China.  

Unfortunately, the U.S. isn't as financially profitable OR cool and globally influential as it was in the 20th Century.  

After WWII, Japan used to monitor American culture and feed off it.  But these days in Asia, in Hong Kong and China, especially, American culture is lightweight and our product is considered cheap and low-quality.

A Bathing Ape is about to be huger than it ever was.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

*coughs*

THHK ?

*coughs*
Haha I wish.
I.T, the same company that now owns Bape, is also our Chinese distributor. And although we're steadily growing in HK and China, we aren't nearly on the radar as we are here. Again, American brands, artists, companies, music, even sports and athletes, are not very cool to China.  They would rather buy Japanese brands or look within.  They don't need Twitter, they have Weibo. They don't even need Nike, they have Li-Ning.  And by sheer numbers alone, the Chinese voice dominates. By the time your kids are grown, America will be emulating Chinese culture in more ways than one - JUST because the money and resources are there.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

*coughs*

THHK ?

*coughs*
Haha I wish.
I.T, the same company that now owns Bape, is also our Chinese distributor. And although we're steadily growing in HK and China, we aren't nearly on the radar as we are here. Again, American brands, artists, companies, music, even sports and athletes, are not very cool to China.  They would rather buy Japanese brands or look within.  They don't need Twitter, they have Weibo. They don't even need Nike, they have Li-Ning.  And by sheer numbers alone, the Chinese voice dominates. By the time your kids are grown, America will be emulating Chinese culture in more ways than one - JUST because the money and resources are there.

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

What a surprise. I wonder what wave every high school kid is gonna ride next...
The Supreme bandwagon is filling up fast filled with High School kids. 
its all area defined...here in my kneck of the woods its snapbacks and fixies all day long and vans with long socks
laugh.gif

man but bape used to be that brand back in the day....shark hoodies ftw
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom