Basketball Thread About Nothing

Wayne was monstar/powerballin if I remember correctly methgod put the strong ban hammer on him. I think dude could actually hoop.

As for EWD & da fluidity of da hips LOL...........

Last edited:
- The best feeling is before the game start and the other team is scrambling around bc everybody is shook to guard you.

- I've been against them for so long but fellas the under tights are godsent. I hate wearing boxers bc when they get wet it's terrible and don't like free balling like I used to. Tights are amazing.

- what about the guy who just can't make the simple pass. Gotdamn that irks me. Every pass he makes has to a amazing. Which most of the time results in a turnover.

- another great feeling is when you are the new guy and put in major work. And you realize the respect is gained immediately after the game. Then after that you are always a top choice.
I play like a 2011 Jason Kidd. Hate playing with gunners, buddy ball ******, non hoppers...and ISO ball dudes. Here's my pickup ball draft breakdown.

6ft 215Lbs Pass first PG

Strengths:
-Can guard 1-3 very well. Good defender on/off ball
-Cerebral on the court. Great in P&R and feeding hot hand
-Good post scorer and passer
-Leader of men
-Great handle

Weaknesses:
-Doesn't get out in transition
-inconsistent jump shooter. Passes up open shots
-doesn't rebound at a high rate.
-injury prone, and poor conditioning.
-can't turn the corner or elevate anymore
-declining actual vision. Refuses to wear contacts. Wears Glasses occasionally
mean.gif

It's important to know yourself in pickup. I used to be a big time scorer til my back issues, and conditioning went to sht. Now, I'm an excellent facilitator and defender. De facto PG.

You surround me with a shooter, an athletic "big"...and a secondary ball handler......I'm not coming off the court
pimp.gif
Same I usually rock a headband to keep them on but that **** gets annoying. I might have to just give in and cop one of those sports headband straps for glasses 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

wavy no disrespect but u sound trash af bro. actually not trash but your scouting report aint putting fear in anybody's heart but u seem like a type of person i would enjoy playing with. it sounds like u got high BBIQ and so-so game but at least u know your limits.

Last edited:
I might get compression shorts. hanes boxers give me wedgies and I have to adjust my shorts every few plays. not sure if I want to pay $30 though

I might get compression shorts. hanes boxers give me wedgies and I have to adjust my shorts every few plays. not sure if I want to pay $30 though

I bought mine for $11 or so from WalMart, Starter brand. They actually feel good, not too tight, not too loose and hold up well and absorb the moisture. Hanes boxer briefs suck at support, they always get loose around the leg area.

I bought mine for $11 or so from WalMart, Starter brand. They actually feel good, not too tight, not too loose and hold up well and absorb the moisture. Hanes boxer briefs suck at support, they always get loose around the leg area.
Mines get tight around my leg area after balling.

Pet peeves

- dudes who don't defend but constantly want the ball on offense

-dudes who don't know how to spread the floor

-dudes who constantly foul because they have no D

-dudes who argue everything

-dudes who play like it's game 7 of the nba finals in a pick up game at 24 hr fitness

-dudes who come sleeved up

-dudes who are overly vocal

Last edited:

Mines get tight around my leg area after balling.

Oh, definitely try the compression shorts then, you'll notice a difference almost immediately, especially in the hamstring area, feels more supportive.

Anyone else play ball in underarmor tights under their shorts? :nerd:

If you're talking full base layer pants, then yea, I do when it's a little colder in the gym. Don't do it when it's hot, legs will get tired quick.

Last edited:
Pet peeves

- dudes who don't defend but constantly want the ball on offense

-dudes who don't know how to spread the floor

-dudes who constantly foul because they have no D

-dudes who argue everything

-dudes who play like it's game 7 of the nba finals in a pick up game at 24 hr fitness

-dudes who come sleeved up
Does this mean, dudes who play too hard during a pick up game? lol

i hate guys that take the gm serious. we outcheare having fun, let me do my thing and dance around with the ball and dab. we aint playing for a nba deal, chill out. i'm not here to play defense :smokin

had to correct this fool the other wk cause teammate missed him on a cut. grown *** man pouting about it up and down the court. kinda sad and funny at the same time
we get it, u played a little aau in the early 00s with that worn out shirt youre still wearing :lol:

Last edited:
I think he means dudes who take it wayyy too seriously.

Dudes who get all in people faces over a pick up game.

Whats the wildest rule you guys ever came across?

Some I ran into:

-If you get fouled, you MUST say "foul", not "ball", "thats me", "and one, ect. You have to say the word, "foul". (Somewhat understandable.)

-If you call "foul" and make the shot, point doesn't count.(That's just whoopie cushion. :smh:)

Damn wavy you the homie but the weaknesses are a scary turnoff. :lol:

:rofl:

You say that now until you get open looks off of perfectly timed passes.....all b/c dudes are doubling me once I start killing smaller guards in the post. Think a more flashy Andre Miller.

I really be strapping too. Feel like I can guard most dudes on the perimeter. I hold up well against some D-1 dudes. Now the transition game...I might lead the break a few times, or a quick outlet. But I leave the rebounding and leak outs to them bouncy energy dudes.

It's funny. I play completely different from how I did a few years ago. Dudes that know me from back in the hooping days think I'll come out and be on some go to scorer sht. They be surprised as hell when I turn down 15ftrs for pocket passes :lol:.
Trust me Bruh I much rather play with you then somebody like Hoosier who sounds like everytime he touches it, it's going up. :lol:

The dude on the court doing way too much.

Should say foul if you're fouled.

If you call and1 and you miss, you don't get the ball back. You lied about the and1

If u call ticky tack fouls outside halfcourt i already know 75% of your character.

Last edited:
Short 5'5" dudes think they're John Stockton. 
mean.gif
 Even worse when they tell you to post up because you're 6ft or taller 
eyes.gif

I say and1 because I believe I am going to make the shot(to let you know you didn't/couldn't stop me) or I just really thought I was going to make the shot.

If you running wild into the paint and call foul, just know you about to get actually fouled next time you try it

Back
Top Bottom