Basketball Thread About Nothing

Africans are either really good or horrible at hoop. Never decent :rofl:
Aint it the truth :lol:

As an African I can confirm this , and the bad ones be extra out of control on the court :lol:

Speaking of outta control , hate playing with ppl that play other sports and use their athleticism wildly on the court no skill ...be trying dunk from the free throw line or full sprint up n down the court like its the 40 yard dash :lol: :smh:

Im african too, bruh im horrible at hoop :rofl: :rofl:

im too nice at soccer though :pimp:
Of course you are :rofl:

Remind me of some old friends who were from Nigeria and Ghana. Sucked at ball. Didn't even have the fundamentals right. Dudes start playing soccer with the ball and they looking like they ready for a world tournament. All of a sudden mad athletic and swift.

I'm staring in astonishment like why does this not translate on the court? :lol:

Last edited:
Indiana and NJ have the best High School Basketball in the nation FAX
Don't know about Indy but NJ produced two #1 overall picks recently with Kyrie and KAT for being such a small state. Plus a lot of other recognizable and current players who went to HS in NJ. 

do yall play/count by 2's and 3's or 1's and 2's? I hate when dudes wanna play by 1's and 2's. it doesn't make sense to me that one basket can be worth twice as much and it also doesn't make sense to me that people don't realize that and think playing both ways is essentially the same.

1 for everything, straight up
15, first game
13 or 11 games after

Neither of those players are remotely close to trash. Future All Stars actually.

Bari averaging 22 & 7 since the All Star Break. Jahlil averaging 18ppg and being underrated. Just wait on it.

Back to pickup basketball...anybody here played "50"? People look at me funny when I say I don't really know how to play "21".

In Baltimore, we play "50" instead of 21. Haven't seen that played anywhere else.
whats 50?

whats 50?

Naw. 50 is a game up to 50. Yo count by 5's. As many as 10 people or more can play. Or as little as two. Similar to 21.

Once you make a bucket. You go to the FT line to shoot. If you make a free throw...that's another 5pts. Once you get 50, you have to break ice". That means make a shot from near half court.

Once you break ice...you try take everyone out one by one. So the rest of the players clear out and whoever you check the ball to, has to guard you and stop you from scoring. If you score on them on that possession, they're out of the game. If you miss...everybody just rushes back in and gets the ball again.

All you have to do is score again, and you try to take people out before somebody else gets 50 & breaks ice and tries to take you out.

Fun game. Not as complicated as it sounds. 50 is the type of game that honed scoring skills for guys like Melo and Rudy Gay. You literally almost have to fight for the ball, and take everyone out.

^^^^^

I honestly can't believe 50 is only played in Baltimore. DC or Philly dudes don't even play 50. And they're right next door.

Crazy.

What about the sorrydude who always politicing his way on everybody's team. He's either the first dude there everytime and when he loses he's thristy as hell to get back on. Aka the GM.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hand's down the best reply in this thread.

It's funny you say that when it's always a Cali dude bringing up NY and making it about there state versus our city.

We never have yall on our mind :lol: but we're salty.

I'll say it again, DC brought up west coast cats being soft, DC!, ppl from other regions agreed. Somehow NY gets the hate thrown at them.

Yall dudes sound insecure about NY.

Im just going to address this directly. If you're a grown *** man that follows Marvel Comics more than my 5 year old nephew does or you still watch wrestling in your mother's basement I will not partake in discussions about which coast is soft on the hardwood floor with you.

Hip hop now lol come on

All members of Dipset are currently bums,

Fixed that for you.

Drew league was after Rucker.

If B. Diddy wasnt strugglin there wouldnt even be a Drew league, but now he gets to make a documentary and still be able to play in D-league. Rucker been around sincelife began

Dajuan Wagner

I remember all the hype about this bum. Even saw that documentary back in the day that made him seem like he was the second coming of Christ. Dude had a cosign from Hov in high school. I did a quick google search and stopped reading after this

View media item 1944971

C'mon dawg

whats 50?

Naw. 50 is a game up to 50. Yo count by 5's. As many as 10 people or more can play. Or as little as two. Similar to 21.

Once you make a bucket. You go to the FT line to shoot. If you make a free throw...that's another 5pts. Once you get 50, you have to break ice". That means make a shot from near half court.

Once you break ice...you try take everyone out one by one. So the rest of the players clear out and whoever you check the ball to, has to guard you and stop you from scoring. If you score on them on that possession, they're out of the game. If you miss...everybody just rushes back in and gets the ball again.

All you have to do is score again, and you try to take people out before somebody else gets 50 & breaks ice and tries to take you out.

Fun game. Not as complicated as it sounds. 50 is the type of game that honed scoring skills for guys like Melo and Rudy Gay. You literally almost have to fight for the ball, and take everyone out.

^^^^^

I honestly can't believe 50 is only played in Baltimore. DC or Philly dudes don't even play 50. And they're right next door.

Crazy.
We play that in NYC except it's to 100 going by 5 pts a bucket and we call it Utah.

Also there are no foul calls. If you travel, double dribble, etc. Whoever calls it first gets the ball.

The game is more fun to me than King of the Court, 21, and Horse.

Last edited:
just the other day we were playing 3s since we were the first 6 dudes at the gym and when another 2 guys asked to bump it up to 4s (at the time we were killing the other team) dude on the other team was like "you know what, both of you play on that team i'll move over with these guys" 
roll.gif

Anyone play 21 crush?
2s and 3s, shoot fts after each score for max of 3fts. If you nake all 3fts, You can trade in the 3 pts and strike your opponent with the ball anywhere below the head as he stands underneath the rim and you at the foul line.

Trade in 10 pts and you can have them take off an article of clothing or shoe, etc

Last edited:
We play that in NYC except it's to 100 going by 5 pts a bucket and we call it Utah.

Also there are no foul calls. If you travel, double dribble, etc. Whoever calls it first gets the ball.

Never heard of 100. But I guess it's a longer 50. No fouls or none of that in 50 either. So you're familiar with break ice, and all that? First time I've heard that from someone outside Baltimore :pimp:.

That feeling once you get 50, break ice....then take everyone out one by one is unparalleled. True king of the court.

Never heard of 100. But I guess it's a longer 50. No fouls or none of that in 50 either. So you're familiar with break ice, and all that? First time I've heard that from someone outside Baltimore :pimp:.

That feeling once you get 50, break ice....then take everyone out one by one is unparalleled. True king of the court.
Yeah :smokin

No fouls at all. For us it's 3 shots in a row, then you break ice 3pt line, then half court. Once you get to 95 though, anybody can go at you.

It's played on a bunch of BK courts.

Last edited:
how often do u guys play these games? ever since HS, i wanna say 97% of the time all i do is run full and when i'm not running full it is because everybody didn't show up yet so we aint got enuff to run or because we just got done running and a bunch of people went home or about to go home.

how often do u guys play these games? ever since HS, i wanna say 97% of the time all i do is run full and when i'm not running full it is because everybody didn't show up yet so we aint got enuff to run or because we just got done running and a bunch of people went home or about to go home.

Typically before a game. Just to warm up. Like if everybody hasn't shown up yet, and it's an odd number of people......someone will just say "spark up 50". Play that until there's enough people to run 3 on 3 or 4 on 4. Never finish the games these days.

As youngins though...50 was life.

That one Filipino cat on the army base that be giving dudes WORK in his worn out chanclas :smh: I've been a victim of this before.

It's funny you say that when it's always a Cali dude bringing up NY and making it about there state versus our city.

We never have yall on our mind
laugh.gif
but we're salty.

I'll say it again, DC brought up west coast cats being soft, DC!, ppl from other regions agreed. Somehow NY gets the hate thrown at them.

Yall dudes sound insecure about NY.
Nah, I don't think West Coast dudes are SOFT, I just think that is a baseless stereotype.

What I ACTUALLY said is they are probably the ones calling offensive fouls and 3-seconds. Just seems like they would play with "weird" rules, I didn't say that to imply they were soft.

If anything I have been defending West Coast basketball in here.

Zenk always trying to start trouble man

Yea, I always played 33, 2pt buckets and 1pt shots from the 3pt line (foul line is for sissies :lol:) If you got to 31 and missed your free shot, you would go back to 21, if you went over 33, you went back to 21. Dudes tried to get to 31 and throw up a ugly shot on purpose :smh:

do yall play/count by 2's and 3's or 1's and 2's? I hate when dudes wanna play by 1's and 2's. it doesn't make sense to me that one basket can be worth twice as much and it also doesn't make sense to me that people don't realize that and think playing both ways is essentially the same.
1 for everything, straight up
15, first game
13 or 11 games after
thats wack, so trey ball only count has 1's?

if we not playing full and its legit run...im out. unless its king of the court. other then that, ill shoot by myself or leave. 

Yea, I always played 33, 2pt buckets and 1pt shots from the 3pt line (foul line is for sissies :lol:) If you got to 31 and missed your free shot, you would go back to 21, if you went over 33, you went back to 21. Dudes tried to get to 31 and throw up a ugly shot on purpose :smh:

now i think about it what you described is for 33 is 21 for me but i never played it growing up. growing up we normally played up to 32 but we wouldn't have to go back if we didn't get exactly to 32 and if we wanted a shorter game, we would just go up to only 21 and we also wouldn't go back if we didn't score exactly to 21.

man i feel like there's no way you can be raw in hoops with a sn YoungThunderCat :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom