Basketball Thread About Nothing

Anyone play 21 crush?
2s and 3s, shoot fts after each score for max of 3fts. If you nake all 3fts, You can trade in the 3 pts and strike your opponent with the ball anywhere below the head as he stands underneath the rim and you at the foul line.

Trade in 10 pts and you can have them take off an article of clothing or shoe, etc
Hell no, dudes in ny would be killing each other if that game existed over here

Yea, I always played 33, 2pt buckets and 1pt shots from the 3pt line (foul line is for sissies :lol:) If you got to 31 and missed your free shot, you would go back to 21, if you went over 33, you went back to 21. Dudes tried to get to 31 and throw up a ugly shot on purpose :smh:

now i think about it what you described is for 33 is 21 for me but i never played it growing up. growing up we normally played up to 32 but we wouldn't have to go back if we didn't get exactly to 32 and if we wanted a shorter game, we would just go up to only 21 and we also wouldn't go back if we didn't score exactly to 21.

man i feel like there's no way you can be raw in hoops with a sn YoungThunderCat :lol:

Yea, we would play 21 when we didn't want the game to go long, but i was usually 33 because it'd be like 10 dudes playin :lol:

Daaaamn didnt know there were so many versions of the game.

We played "15" where Im from. 15 points, straight up, no free throws and you have to D up your rebound.

We played "21 tip out" when we was younger too.

We played "15" where Im from. 15 points, straight up, no free throws and you have to D up your rebound.

Yall shooting free throws in pickup games?

Naw all mans for themselves "21"

Some people play you have to shoot 3 free throws after you score.

Naw all mans for themselves "21"

Some people play you have to shoot 3 free throws after you score.
O alright. 

I know we play shoot there you miss or three and out

do yall play/count by 2's and 3's or 1's and 2's? I hate when dudes wanna play by 1's and 2's. it doesn't make sense to me that one basket can be worth twice as much and it also doesn't make sense to me that people don't realize that and think playing both ways is essentially the same.
1 for everything, straight up
15, first game
13 or 11 games after
thats wack, so trey ball only count has 1's?
yep

mans game

do yall play/count by 2's and 3's or 1's and 2's? I hate when dudes wanna play by 1's and 2's. it doesn't make sense to me that one basket can be worth twice as much and it also doesn't make sense to me that people don't realize that and think playing both ways is essentially the same.
15, first game
13 or 11 games after
yep

mans game
aint nothing man about that game. the floor not spread so nobody has to play defense. everybody can stand in the lane and hack. 

15, first game

13 or 11 games after

yep
mans game
aint nothing man about that game. the floor not spread so nobody has to play defense. everybody can stand in the lane and hack. 

How so ?

Playing by 1s makes the game more competitive

Who wants to play with dudes just jacking up long balls trying finish a game before you break a sweat ?
That's a soft game,

Last edited:
Anyone play 21 crush?
2s and 3s, shoot fts after each score for max of 3fts. If you nake all 3fts, You can trade in the 3 pts and strike your opponent with the ball anywhere below the head as he stands underneath the rim and you at the foul line.

Trade in 10 pts and you can have them take off an article of clothing or shoe, etc

Sound more like Love & Basketball to me ... why am i wanting another dude to take off clothing :x

Its either 21, 3 on 3, or full run. 4 is too many for half court. I'll shoot on my own or maybe play knockout

15, first game

13 or 11 games after

yep
mans game
How so ?

Who wants to play with dudes just jacking up long balls trying finish a game before you break a sweat ?
That's a soft game,
still dropping long range bombs in a game with only 1 
pimp.gif

we play 1s and 2s here but I like only 1s better 

15, first game

13 or 11 games after

yep
mans game

How so ?

That's a soft game,
Where the hell are you playing that people play like that?

Nah with that floor spread you find out who can really play d. You on a island by yourself if you get 4 shooters and a big. To each it's own tho. My gym is super competitive and everybody knows how to play the game. Talking on screens and hedging on screens all that good stuff.

I play 1s too. Always have.

You still have to play defense. Open j is an open j whether it's from behind the arc or not. Still have to d up. That spreads the floor.

Last edited:
How about the ball hog who thinks he's the next Jordan? You run an ill play and dude like 3'7" coming up middle like he can boom it from the free throw line. 
laugh.gif

The whole squad like:

Then the rest of the game homie like, "it's been four plays, how come nobody throwing me the rock, son?"

Everyone on the squad like, "we got you next play, b":

Last edited:
How about the dude with hella bounce but cant use any of that athleticism during the games? dudes who would always show off their dunks but have no skills, cant rebound, defend and most of the time are pretty much useless. Th can do a 360 with their eyes closed but cant throw a simple entry pass lol. They normally always get picked up first bc they look they should be raw but nope.

Last edited:
Man the only thing similar I experienced was when I was in HS playing against grown dudes who clearly just came home. The game ended early and the gym closed when the 6'5 dude shattered the backboard with the meanest 2 hander.

Never experienced this, but do you just let dude win? lol or do you pick nothing but goons for your team
Only experienced this once. Everyone was shook of this dude when we were in high school. My rep was good with the older guys so dude respected it. When he showed up, the squad that picked me up wasn't from the hood, so they start losing on purpose. Plus the sun was going down.

Dudes tried to "hi-five" everyone, start getting dressed, and head for their car. 

My man's pulled the blamy out his belt and put it in his bag, and was like "y'all leaving? y'all look like y'all ball hard. Why y'all leaving?"

The whole park got quiet, dudes had the face like "I just wanna go home b"....

So, he had his squad and one of his goons didn't want to play he was just chillin'...so dude was like "big man, you wanna run"?
Now the whole day dudes tried to have me play center, had to fend for myself on re's, and steals. But this dude was like, "you playing two, aight? But if we loose though bro..."

I ain't gonna lie, I was a little shook. I was there by myself and this park wasn't in my hood. I just knew a lot peoples from the park only but we all went to the same high school.

It's like the only game in my entire life I was putting up Steph Curry numbers. 
laugh.gif

Dude threw me a fast break and jammed my finger, it looked like sausage...dude was like "
indifferent.gif
, I don't lose breh"

Thought my finger was broke, now I couldn't fight if anything popped off, so I was stuck playing. I'm out there doing moves I didn't even know I could do with a swollen ring finger. While his goonies smiling on the bench rolling up watching, and the other squads out there looking shook, I'm like:

...everywhere I went people talked about that game until we were grown. Till this day, I don't think I ever played that hard or accurate in my life 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
You don't play that guy :lol:

If you young, ya mom just said you had to be home. You old, ya baby moms want ya home.

Excuse? I'm leaving and that's just why. Dude like that might just understand the momma/baby momma nagging.

That's how it is when that guy shows up. He walks up strong talking about he want to play or he catches everybody right when the game ends. Don't even look at dude. Just walk to ya bag say you going to the corner store. Say you sitting this one out cuz you sprained ya ankle.

That's what you say for YOU to avoid a dude that will shoot you if he loses. Too bad for everybody else stuck having to play with that kind of bully ball. If he call you a ***** as you leave oh well.

Only thing worse than playing with a dude like that is somebody who doesn't know the deal and accidentally fouls him hard or hacks him. That guy is catching the fade quick and will get jumped when the game is over.

As for that scenario where he singles you out, good luck :lol: Better hope you turn in to Steph Curry on the court. Cuz if it goes wrong you ending up with a different nickname every time you show up to that hood :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom