Basketball Thread About Nothing

Will the Thrill 
pimp.gif
 . Wish he would've stayed at Arizona following his frosh year. Just off the strength off their uniforms back then. Surely, he was better than Jason Gardner. lol. The team previously was stacked, they all came out. 

Places like North Carolina produces those healthy, fundamentalist dudes, just like Indiana. NC is great for finding those dudes in the middle of nowhere who become solid players for Duke or UNC. Pennsylvania hasn't really produced any great players in years and it breaks my heart :lol:
What? So far from the truth. We produce athletic, bucket getters, and playmakers that can do everything. Def heavy guard and wing state. Top dudes from here rarely go to Duke.

Last edited:
Jason Gardner was GOOD man. Yea Will had more raw talent and athleticism, but Will couldn't shoot. Still can't shoot forreal. Jason Gardner used to let that thing FLY man. I loved those teams though

Neither of those players are remotely close to trash. Future All Stars actually.

Bari averaging 22 & 7 since the All Star Break. Jahlil averaging 18ppg and being underrated. Just wait on it.

Back to pickup basketball...anybody here played "50"? People look at me funny when I say I don't really know how to play "21".

In Baltimore, we play "50" instead of 21. Haven't seen that played anywhere else.

For sure. For sure. Jason and Gil's sneakers> That whole era of college basketball was the best. BEST. Can't even watch the **** now. 

For sure. For sure. Jason and Gil's sneakers> That whole era of college basketball was the best. BEST. Can't even watch the **** now. 
Man I have been on the NCAA Vault watching old Zona games.

Zona vs. Illinois 2005, favorite college game ever

do yall play/count by 2's and 3's or 1's and 2's? I hate when dudes wanna play by 1's and 2's. it doesn't make sense to me that one basket can be worth twice as much and it also doesn't make sense to me that people don't realize that and think playing both ways is essentially the same.

do yall play/count by 2's and 3's or 1's and 2's? I hate when dudes wanna play by 1's and 2's. it doesn't make sense to me that one basket can be worth twice as much and it also doesn't make sense to me that people don't realize that and think playing both ways is essentially the same.

Naw. 50 is a game up to 50. Yo count by 5's. As many as 10 people or more can play. Or as little as two. Similar to 21.

Once you make a bucket. You go to the FT line to shoot. If you make a free throw...that's another 5pts. Once you get 50, you have to break ice". That means make a shot from near half court.

Once you break ice...you try take everyone out one by one. So the rest of the players clear out and whoever you check the ball to, has to guard you and stop you from scoring. If you score on them on that possession, they're out of the game. If you miss...everybody just rushes back in and gets the ball again.

All you have to do is score again, and you try to take people out before somebody else gets 50 & breaks ice and tries to take you out.

Fun game. Not as complicated as it sounds. 50 is the type of game that honed scoring skills for guys like Melo and Rudy Gay. You literally almost have to fight for the ball, and take everyone out.

wavy my comment wasn't a reply to yours lol but nah never played or even heard of 50. i rarely mess with 21 either. i love playing king of the court tho.

What about the sorrydude who always politicing his way on everybody's team. He's either the first dude there everytime and when he loses he's thristy as hell to get back on. Aka the GM.

Last edited:
Places like North Carolina produces those healthy, fundamentalist dudes, just like Indiana. NC is great for finding those dudes in the middle of nowhere who become solid players for Duke or UNC. Pennsylvania hasn't really produced any great players in years and it breaks my heart :lol:
What? So far from the truth. We produce athletic, bucket getters, and playmakers that can do everything. Def heavy guard and wing state. Top dudes from here rarely go to Duke.

Yall produce some fundamental big men too. But I could just be thinking about the Plumlee brothers :lol:

Yall produce some fundamental big men too. But I could just be thinking about the Plumlee brothers :lol:
Don't you put them on us, they are from Indiana. :lol:

^^^ :lol:

I was hoopin last night for the first time in months and surprised I didn't suck that bad. But dude on my team reminded me of another hoop stereotype:

The dude that plays 0 defense or doesn't hustle but apologizes after the dude he's "guarding" scores or when he let's a loose ball bounce right by him.

Or the big man who plays like he's a big man in MyCareer, you have smaller defender on you but you dribble out to shoot.

NY'ers sounding salty in here.
It's funny you say that when it's always a Cali dude bringing up NY and making it about there state versus our city.

We never have yall on our mind :lol: but we're salty.

I'll say it again, DC brought up west coast cats being soft, DC!, ppl from other regions agreed. Somehow NY gets the hate thrown at them.

Yall dudes sound insecure about NY.

Last edited:
i can relate to a lot of stuff in this thread. lately for me seeing people arguing and ruining the game wanting to try and fight each other over petty stuff. its a 24hr fitness center why are we taking it so seriously?

the buddy ball we rode in with each other :smh:

and they are both high as a kite :smokin

i can get competitive, but basketball is suppose to be fun. were not getting paid. i want to plan hard and do, but people can take the fun out of it.
At this one gym I hooped at it was this one dude that kept complaining and acting like everything was game 7 of the finals ...this one goon that was clearly there just for a lil workout n to get a few buckets wasn't having it n went to go get the gun , the other dude switched up started talking bout it ain't that serious and we just having fun real quick :lol:

At this one gym I hooped at it was this one dude that kept complaining and acting like everything was game 7 of the finals ...this one goon that was clearly there just for a lil workout n to get a few buckets wasn't having it n went to go get the gun , the other dude switched up started talking bout it ain't that serious and we just having fun real quick
laugh.gif
Haha, I played with a guy like that. He was guarding the guy who scored the final point and he immediately turned to me and the other guy and complaining about help defense.

Africans are either really good or horrible at hoop. Never decent :rofl:
As an African I can confirm this , and the bad ones be extra out of control on the court :lol:

Speaking of outta control , hate playing with ppl that play other sports and use their athleticism wildly on the court no skill ...be trying dunk from the free throw line or full sprint up n down the court like its the 40 yard dash :lol: :smh:

As an African I can confirm this , and the bad ones be extra out of control on the court :lol:

Speaking of outta control , hate playing with ppl that play other sports and use their athleticism wildly on the court no skill ...be trying dunk from the free throw line or full sprint up n down the court like its the 40 yard dash :lol: :smh:

Im african too, bruh im horrible at hoop :rofl: :rofl:

im too nice at soccer though :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom