Basketball Thread About Nothing

Zero reaction from the crowd.

That was back in the day where only black cities/audiences would react to somebody getting yanked.

I remember Jason Williams used to have John Stockton spinning around in Utah and the fans didn't have a clue about what they were watching.

1710774939956.gif

^^^ the first all star weekend I went to (Houston 2013) and played with some writers and editors from a certain basketball magazine I was SHOCKED. Learned a lot that day though.

^^^ the first all star weekend I went to (Houston 2013) and played with some writers and editors from a certain basketball magazine I was SHOCKED. Learned a lot that day though.
I was there too broham, was working the dunk hoop booth at the jam session

Were you at the ymca run that Sunday? I may have played with you.
nah, I wish I had done more. I didn't know how to google **** to do and yelp and groupon and things back then, plus I told the story on here before but I was bricked up because i took a since removed by the FDA "workout supplement"

how y’all feeling about this one 😂

Raises a question, or at least one for me. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you gather after you're dribbling. Like you cannot gather the ball if you haven't dribbled.

And that seems to be mirrored by the call 100% of NBA refs seem to love to make, which is calling a guy for getting the ball and then taking 2 steps before the ball comes out of his hands to start a dribble. If that isn't legal and gets called on the nightly, which it does, there's no way this guy taking 3 full steps without even contemplating a dribble, is legal.

The one thing I hope all this stuff does is get the competition committee or whoever, to go into the rulebook and clean it up to the place 99% of people have it as when playing all across the country.

On a separate note, MDW could make a grip and also have fun by being a live ref service. So if you have somebody out taping, and dudes are arguing over a call, you text him the clip and he makes the ruling. Some people might think "well that's crazy because that would take 5 or 10 minutes for the person to send the video and for him to reply back. But most of yall in here know dudes will straight up argue a call for a good 7-8 minutes if things really get contentious :lol:

Raises a question, or at least one for me. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you gather after you're dribbling. Like you cannot gather the ball if you haven't dribbled.

And that seems to be mirrored by the call 100% of NBA refs seem to love to make, which is calling a guy for getting the ball and then taking 2 steps before the ball comes out of his hands to start a dribble. If that isn't legal and gets called on the nightly, which it does, there's no way this guy taking 3 full steps without even contemplating a dribble, is legal.

The one thing I hope all this stuff does is get the competition committee or whoever, to go into the rulebook and clean it up to the place 99% of people have it as when playing all across the country.

On a separate note, MDW could make a grip and also have fun by being a live ref service. So if you have somebody out taping, and dudes are arguing over a call, you text him the clip and he makes the ruling. Some people might think "well that's crazy because that would take 5 or 10 minutes for the person to send the video and for him to reply back. But most of yall in here know dudes will straight up argue a call for a good 7-8 minutes if things really get contentious :lol:
So there’s actually 2 different rules on that depending if the player is progressing, like in this clip, or stationary

i think there is a distinction in the rules between a player initiating a dribble & a player catching pass, it would make sense to uniformly allow two steps, which would basically eliminate that ‘rip through’ travel call

tokes99 tokes99 im not sure what the best solution is but I don’t know about making that rule the same (progressing vs stationary). Yes that would solve the rip thru inconsistent call/no-call, but would it create so many crazy move options? Like a stationary player simply taking 3 steps without dribbling (gather + 2 steps) exactly like what that last MDW clip was for a progressing player, would be insane lol.

So that's all you gonna share? :lol:
I won’t say names because they are still in the business, but one was waaaay overweight and couldn’t make a layup, only played one game and sat out. The other worked for Sole Collector and would not play in the open runs. Stayed on a side goal and kept taking two dribble layups like he was warming up but never played.

(Trinidad James did show up and can ball. Chris Brown and his people showed up and he’s not bad for what he is).

I won’t say names because they are still in the business, but one was waaaay overweight and couldn’t make a layup, only played one game and sat out. The other worked for Sole Collector and would not play in the open runs. Stayed on a side goal and kept taking two dribble layups like he was warming up but never played.

(Trinidad James did show up and can ball. Chris Brown and his people showed up and he’s not bad for what he is).

Why are u protecting them b

Back
Top Bottom