"Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" appreciation post

Batman Under the red hood is better than part 1 imo

Under The Red Hood was :smokin. IMO, way better than the actual comic arc it was adapted from. As for it being better the TDKR part 1, it could be since of course we're just comapring it to an incomplete movie. But between TDKR (1 &2) and under TheRed Hood, TDKR gets this.

Wow, I didn't realize there was an animated version. I need to check this out ASAP.

However, the box art is atrocious.

Last edited:
Watched both back to back last night.....
Real spoiler btw....
Batman came with the pain for Supz, Had to make sure he knew that **** really was real...

Saw part 2 this past weekend and god damn it is so good. Hands down the best Animation DC has ever done to date. Do not miss out, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Definitely want to see this ...pretty much page for page from the comic?

Pretty much but it just looks so brutal in motion, if you've read the comic and knows what happens with Bats and Joker, you seriously would not think this is a cartoon and you would hate your little kid to watch it.

As much as I love Batman...
Everybody talks about the Batman - Superman fight in Dark Knight Returns and how Batman beat Superman and all that, but lettuce be serious... Batman only won because of Green Arrow. He wouldn't have been able to beat Superman if it were just 1 on 1.

As much as I love Batman...
Everybody talks about the Batman - Superman fight in Dark Knight Returns and how Batman beat Superman and all that, but lettuce be serious... Batman only won because of Green Arrow. He wouldn't have been able to beat Superman if it were just 1 on 1.

Plus...

Supes was already hurt/weakened by the nuke and hasn't recovered to full strength because the clouds from the blast blocked the yellow sun.

^Wrong

Batman would have done something different with Kryptonite( from making an entire suit out of it, to stabbing Supes with it himself). Give Batman access to Kryptonite and he can always defeat Superman

^Wrong

Batman would have done something different with Kryptonite( from making an entire suit out of it, to stabbing Supes with it himself). Give Batman access to Kryptonite and he can always defeat Superman

But Bats doesn't have access to an unlimited supply of Kryptonite.

^Wrong

This is batman tho, He wins with his mind. This version of the Batman is more vulnerable and exposed then the one most have grew accustom to but with that said, Batman always has a plan B. I think the save by Green Arrow added alot of drama to the film but I do agree with your previous post. This is the best DC animated movie ever...

^Wrong

This is batman tho, He wins with his mind. This version of the Batman is more vulnerable and exposed then the one most have grew accustom to but with that said, Batman always has a plan B. I think the save by Green Arrow added alot of drama to the film but I do agree with your previous post. This is the best DC animated movie ever...

Nah, this is an old dilapidated Batman, he did not intend to beat Superman in the first place, simply use him to kill himself really because the government will likely not be satisfied unless Superman, the most honest or loyal superhero in the world sees him defeated or declares him dead. So Bats used Supes to fake his death.

Either way, we will never see it but in the end, gauntlets off, Supes can beat Bats. Read Hush, when Supes was controlled by Poison Ivy, Bats could do anything with his kryptonite ring, Catwoman had to wake up Supes so he wouldn't kill Bats. Point is moot though since it'll happen how the writers wants it to come off. So if the writer wants Supes to simply kill Bats, they could if that is the story they are trying to tell.

It's funny because people always says he is overpowered and that he has the powers he needs yet everyone believes Bats can easily beat him no matter what. The credit goes to Batman for being smart while Supes takes a hit by being less interesting. He can't win. Supes is hated when he wins all the time because he is overpowered. Supes is hated even further when he actually loses and beaten by a human. :lol:

it was great, i dont know if it was the best dc animation though

some of you may prefer the batman style storytelling but for me, i dont know if it better than crisis on two earths

i gotta think it over

Last edited:
caught it about a week ago. the ending though :nerd: 8)

better than dark knight rises ending...yeah i said it

Back
Top Bottom