"Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" appreciation post

caught it about a week ago. the ending though :nerd: 8)

better than dark knight rises ending...yeah i said it

It ain't the end though. There's a sequel to it. In the comics of course. The Dark Knight Strikes Again. not as good as this though. [/spoiler

Saw part 2 this past weekend and god damn it is so good. Hands down the best Animation DC has ever done to date. Do not miss out, you won't be disappointed.

It may be the best "true" representation of a dc storyline ever. I was shocked to see the Nazi-chick :lol:

Just saw Part 2 last night. It was intense. The battle between Superman and Batman just made it that much better. Batman's last words to Superman was awesome!

As far as best DC Animation, I'll still say Mask of the Phantasm.

Part 2 was verrrrry good. Had my jaw dropped for the ending.

But lettuce be cereal, mano y mano, batz would get vaporized by clark. Obviously. But batz would never let that scenario play out. He's always got plan b.

Can I watch part 2 without seeing part 1? I'm asking because I have part 2 right here haha

If this is your first time with frank miller's batman, you might be confused with things in part 2. Either way, you should watch part 1 to get a feel for part 2.

It ain't the end though. There's a sequel to it. In the comics of course. The Dark Knight Strikes Again. not as good as this though. [/spoiler
:nerd: aw i'm excited. i hope they animate that even if it doesn't hold up as well as this; maybe i'll check out the comic too...i can't wait

Just watched the first part.

Honnestly, it wasn't that good. It was ok.

Part 2 looks sooooo much better though.

I actually thought part 1 was weak, but I'll check out part 2 later this weekend.

* EDIT*

Just got done watching part 2 and :wow:

Part 2 >>>>>>> Part 1

Can't wait to see the next one :nerd:

Last edited:
Part one was a build up. Nothing more. Part two however. :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
Easily beats any other Batman animation. The amount of violence in there was unreal.

I think it was very appropriate where Bats and the Joker fought their last battle. :lol:. But the scene where the Joker just kills the entire audience including his doctor was unexpected. I loved every part of this Animation.

didnt even know this dropped. and I been waiting for this for months! lol

I'd have rather they left Superman out of it. Though Bats did win, I didn't want to see a batman v superman movie. More Joker mayhem and Batman actually killing him in the end or him killing himself, then Bruce faking his death would have been fine by me.

I'd have rather they left Superman out of it. Though Bats did win, I didn't want to see a batman v superman movie. More Joker mayhem and Batman actually killing him in the end or him killing himself, then Bruce faking his death would have been fine by me.

It was an adaptation of a graphic novel. That part was necessary.

Agreed on being surprised by the amount of violence.

Joker killing the studio audience after slitting the psychiatrists throat with a broken coffee mug on national TV, plane crash, mass killing at an amusement park, swastikas covering nipples :smile:lol). And that final Joker scene. Wow..

Surprised the hell out of me though after I had such high expectations after the first.

Last edited:
will def be checking this out. the graphic novel was dope.

i have to say tho, just from watching the trailer, these batman cartoons don't feel the same without mark hamil and kevin conroy.

Back
Top Bottom