Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Originally Posted by swendro88

I can't decide what sucks more about that announcment, the fact that we have to wait till june or that the entire expansion is for infantry only maps. This is battlefield. Why the hell would i want infantry only maps?

I feel the same way, but I read that the most popular map is Operation Metro. I would say it's more of a reaction to that than anything else. I'll admit I like operation metro myself, but I didn't know it was this popular. I'm down for the new maps hope they keep balancing so that USAS-12 doesn't take them over.

Originally Posted by Chato

Originally Posted by swendro88

I can't decide what sucks more about that announcment, the fact that we have to wait till june or that the entire expansion is for infantry only maps. This is battlefield. Why the hell would i want infantry only maps?

I feel the same way, but I read that the most popular map is Operation Metro. I would say it's more of a reaction to that than anything else. I'll admit I like operation metro myself, but I didn't know it was this popular. I'm down for the new maps hope they keep balancing so that USAS-12 doesn't take them over.
The only reason why that is so (especially on PC) is that it's the easiest map to pad stats. 10,000-15,000XP in a round easy -without even killing an opponent. 
Anyway, the optimist in me wants to say that with this DLC, they're trying to beat Activision at their own game. But most probably this is more likely to please the COD kiddies. They made BF3 wack. 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Word is that there's not going to be a Rush mode in the "Close Quarters" DLC.
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

New mode: Conquest Domination. Why do I have a feeling this mode will be similar to CoD's?
ohwell.gif

why doesn't anybody play infantry or the other difficulty in multiplayer?? everyone plays normal

Looking forward to the new DLC. Like Operation Metro the best class for the team will be the Medic. I rarely am an Engineer in Operation Metro.
Get a couple of team members up and running again and kill a few enemies as a Medic(assault).

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

why doesn't anybody play infantry or the other difficulty in multiplayer?? everyone plays normal
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

what else is there other than "normal"?
infantry and hardcore

Engineer is easiest to get used to. Definitely love taking out tanks and helis with my RPG.
smokin.gif

But for infantry only, Assault is your best bet. For Metro Conquest 64... the MG36 or the USAS-12 with frags (kidding).
laugh.gif

what's that about?
i don't have pc version only ps3

i am talking about the ps3 version... when you go under server browser and go to filter options you will see the difficulty settings on the right

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Engineer is easiest to get used to. Definitely love taking out tanks and helis with my RPG.
smokin.gif

But for infantry only, Assault is your best bet. For Metro Conquest 64... the MG36 or the USAS-12 with frags (kidding).
laugh.gif

Def is, RPG with repair tool in huge maps is the best combo unless you've mastered the Sniper and that damn MAV equipment.

I read that being a Recon with the SOFLAM helps the engineers with their Javelin's, any one tried that out yet ? If so is it a big improvement for your team ?

what's that about?

i am talking about the ps3 version... when you go under server browser and go to filter options you will see the difficulty settings on the right
whaaaaa?!?!
eek.gif

whats the point system like?
nerd.gif

what's that about?

whaaaaa?!?!
eek.gif

whats the point system like?
nerd.gif
i have no idea because every time i try to play on that difficulty no one is ever playing... like i said everyone is on normal.. 
maybe people don't know about it 
ohwell.gif

I don't know who i was just running with an hour ago, but damn, we was getting lit up! 
laugh.gif
. Our team weren't doing crap! 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

smokin.gif

laugh.gif

Def is, RPG with repair tool in huge maps is the best combo unless you've mastered the Sniper and that damn MAV equipment.

I read that being a Recon with the SOFLAM helps the engineers with their Javelin's, any one tried that out yet ? If so is it a big improvement for your team ?

Nothing more satisfying than successfully RPG-ing a Jet or a Helicopter.
smokin.gif
Well, taking out a chopper pilot with a sniper rifle headshot is up there, too.
laugh.gif

For the SOFLAM... yeah.. it's a big help. It renders jet/heli flares basically useless. one-hit disable... one-hit kill sometimes.
laugh.gif
Just hard to set up a team with SOFLAM + JAVELIN since PC doesn't have VOIP for randoms.
indifferent.gif

Yup... BF3 has hardcore mode. Makes it easier to kill and die, basically.
Once my brand new GPU comes by next weekend... I'll be back on the battlefield.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

I don't know who i was just running with an hour ago, but damn, we was getting lit up! 
laugh.gif
. Our team weren't doing crap! 
30t6p3b.gif
If you're on the PS3 for BF3... squad up with SPIDER and yallayalla and JPTHE3 (where you at?
nerd.gif
). These guys know what they're doing. 
pimp.gif

Some guy was camping while the rest of the team was getting destroyed on conquest. Every time we had to respawn in our own base we would pass by the camping sniper. He never died nor did he get killed. so out of no where, since our tickets were low and game was almost over the whole team came over and started shooting him
laugh.gif

Obviously you cant kill your own teammate but it was hilarious to see that happening
laugh.gif

Well, you PS3 guys luck out again: the "February Patch" comes out today. One week later for us. DICE charging more $$$ for content.
30t6p3b.gif

Big Battlefield 3 PS3 day: Game update, Rent a Server functionality, and shortcut items now live!

H Brun | 03.27.12 | 3 comments

We know you’ve been eagerly awaiting our PlayStation 3 game update, and now it’s here! As you read this, the update should be live in all territories except Japan. Read on for the full details.

Today is a great day for Battlefield 3 on PlayStation 3. First and foremost, we are rolling out our massive PlayStation 3 game update. Containing more tweaks, fixes, and additions than you can shake a stick at, the focus of this update is to make the game more stable, fairer, and more balanced. The update is live today in all territories except Japan (Japan will get this update on April 4th). Just start your game to get automatically prompted for this ~1GB update. You can read the change list here.

Wake Island alternative 5-flag layout on PS3

Included in today's update is a new 5-flag layout for Wake Island, based on community feedback. Enjoy!
After a lot of constructive feedback about how we can improve your Back to Karkand experience, we have added a 5-flag Conquest Assault variant for PS3 on Wake Island. This new flag layout will offer a more tactical gameplay where key bases can turn the tide of the battlefield! Another change in this variant is that the mobile Anti-air now spawns at the Beach base. This now makes the Beach base a very important tactical advantage to own, besides the close distance towards the airfield.

To find this new layout on PS3, search for Conquest Assault and Wake Island and look out for the “CQA Day 2

Back
Top Bottom