Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Would love to see a WWII expansion pack. I would love to see any new content, frankly. Any news?

That update is looking good. Being able to see the mines before their spotted almost made them useless against vehicles. That fix and the EDO bot with better controls will move me back to the engineer class

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

i swear man this game is broken too many glitches. usas + frag rounds cmon man really?

for me a way to counter them are having a higher rate of fire gun, famas or f200 of anything higher than 900rpm...

Originally Posted by swendro88

Would love to see a WWII expansion pack. I would love to see any new content, frankly. Any news?
Reports indicate that will be some announcements incoming at GDC (which is happening this week).

By the way, I've already sold my PS3. And my rig's GTX 560 Ti GPU died last Ash Wednesday (with me consequently giving up PC gaming for Lent
laugh.gif
). Waiting for the replacement. Man, 12 days on... I'm really itching to play! 
tired.gif

any 360 players still active i might be looking into getting the game again call of duty is boring me but the glitch talk is kinda turning me away

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

By the way, I've already sold my PS3.
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Actually, the PS3 was my brother's and we got a pretty good offer for it. Running two BF3 profiles may be a chore, but it wasn't a factor in the sale. Still probably am twice as good on PS3 than on PC. 
laugh.gif
 It really didn't make any more financial sense in owning one for us, so we sold it while it's still "hot" over here. Two PS3s over four years. Never really copped any other console twice. Anyway, it was a good bunch of runs with you guys. 
pimp.gif

Yeah, I know. 
embarassed.gif
 Part of me still wishes we sold it after I get my replacement GPU back in a couple of weeks (and sell that one to cop the new ones releasing later this month)... or after Lent. 
laugh.gif

Too bad nobody really runs on NT BF3 PC anymore these days. 
ohwell.gif

good lord... EA/DICE is whack. June? 
indifferent.gif

[h1]Battlefield 3: Close Quarters announced for June, two more packs incoming[/h1]
by Alexander Sliwinski   on Mar 7th 2012 8:01AM

http://www.blogsmithmedia...media/comment-tail.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; position: absolute; text-align: center; top: 0px; right: 0px; line-height: 23px; background-position: 50% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">9

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters was announced at an EA event last night for this upcoming June, the first major paid piece of DLC for the game since last December's "Back to Karkand." The expansion includes four maps, 10 weapons and no vehicles -- it's about close quarters, after all.

There will be two more expansions for the game following the June expansion -- one called "Armored Kill," which will focus on weapons and larger maps, with new drivable vehicles. The second pack, entitled "End Game," which EA isn't sharing hardly any details on, does feature cover art with some crazy tripping lunatic holding a knife on it.

The news of this expansion couldn't come soon enough. Frustrations in the Battlefield 3community had been bubbling into potential action, as EA maintained radio silence as long as possible about any expansion plans after the "Back to Karkand" maps launched in mid-December.

Confirmed by EA/DICE. June it is. 
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

[h1]CLOSE QUARTERS[/h1][h2]GET UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL[/h2]

http://web-vassets.ea.com...attles_preorder_bg.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-right-width: 2px; border-left-width: 2px; border-right-color: rgb(64, 64, 64); border-left-color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; background-repeat: repeat repeat; ">
BATTLEFIELD 3: CLOSE QUARTERS IS A THEMED EXPANSION PACK BRINGING THE TEAM PLAY OF BATTLEFIELD 3 TO TIGHT INDOOR ENVIRONMENTS. THE FRANTIC CLOSE QUARTERS INFANTRY COMBAT IS AMPLIFIED BY UNPRECEDENTED HIGH DEFINITION DESTRUCTION, NEW WAYS TO PLAY, MORE WEAPONS AND ADDED PERSISTENCE.
/web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Battlefield/Battlefield-3/media/bf3_closeq_billboard.jpg);">http://web-vassets.ea.com...3_closeq_billboard.jpg); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; cursor: pointer; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; "> 
[h3]KEY FEATURES[/h3]
  • Get plunged into frantic and relentless infantry combat
  • Check your corners as death can come from any angle
  • HD destruction lets you reduce entire locales to ruin
  • Earn new weapons and bring them back to the base game
  • Complete new assignments and equip unique dog tags
  • Play in new ways, mixing team play and instant action
/web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Battlefield/Battlefield-3/media/bf3_closeq_box_bg.png);">http://web-vassets.ea.com.../bf3_closeq_box_bg.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">
Publisher:

Electronic Arts

Developer:

DICE

Formats:

Playstation 3
PC
Xbox 360

Release:

June 2012

Players:

2-16

Rating:

M+ / ESRB 16

The HD Destruction in Close Quarters lets players riddle the environment with bullets, reducing entire locales to ruin. Everything from furniture to plaster can be shot to pieces, and players can see the result of the mayhem as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor.

The tight level design and many opportunities for vertical gameplay mean players will need to bring their A game if they want to stay alive in this highly competitive theater of war.

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters will be available on PC, PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3, and Xbox 360[emoji]8482[/emoji] June 2012. Head to theBattlefield Blog for details on our other upcoming expansion packs Battlefield 3[emoji]8482[/emoji]: Armored Kill and Battlefield 3[emoji]8482[/emoji]: End Game.

Return to this page on March 13th for more information.

I can't decide what sucks more about that announcment, the fact that we have to wait till june or that the entire expansion is for infantry only maps. This is battlefield. Why the hell would i want infantry only maps?

^ To cater to the COD crowd, obviously.

I hope that "Armored Kill" would be interesting. 6 months for a DLC, though. They're stretching the content out too far. God know's who'd still be playing come June-December.
ohwell.gif
Might be playing Arma III by then.
nerd.gif

More tanks, helis, and jets, DICE!

Not knowing when the supposed massive "February Patch" would be released sucks more, to be honest.

^ Yup. Same here.

Actually, I'm waiting on my GPU more than anything... so I can flip it already and cop the next-gen ones coming in a month's time. Trying to keep myself occupied without PC gaming... which is quite a challenge so far.
laugh.gif

Not crazy about tight maps. If I wanted that I will play COD. Intrigued about the latter two map packs coming out though.

New "Close Quarters" DLC Trailer
thing looks like a COD x Rainbow Six mashup to be honest. Might cop just because I want new maps to play with. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by yallayalla

i can see everybody using USAS-12 in that map already
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

lmao

still I gotta say the trailer got me kinda hyped. I play a lot of team deathmatch too.

Does anyone here use their mic when playing BF3??

I was thinking about buying 1 but I'm not sure yet. Also who's GT is KING AZANA on here on NT?
My GT is Nujabez add me if you guys want. One of these days we should maybe play as an NT squad or something.

Back
Top Bottom