BBM coming to Android and iOS later this year. So why stay with Blackberry??

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

BBM on BB > BBM on Android or iOS

No one wants that watered down garbage, its just text on another platform. No matter how many times Ninjahood comes in here and tell u different.

BD for life!!!
stopped reading right there...da program hasn't even dropped yet to think its gonna be better on that fossil you call a smart phone

over say a iphone 4 or da lastest and greatest from da android army of superphones?
laugh.gif

this is DEFINITELY da final nail in da coffin for blackberry and any type of competition as far as da mobile wars go...they just GAVE AWAY

da only think that kept people from switching over.

No one wants that watered down garbage, its just text on another platform. No matter how many times Ninjahood comes in here and tell u different.

BD for life!!!
stopped reading right there...da program hasn't even dropped yet to think its gonna be better on that fossil you call a smart phone

over say a iphone 4 or da lastest and greatest from da android army of superphones?
laugh.gif

this is DEFINITELY da final nail in da coffin for blackberry and any type of competition as far as da mobile wars go...they just GAVE AWAY

might just abandon bb ship with this one.

My Tmobile contract is almost up. since bbm might be a go for android, is the galaxy the best android go-to phone on tmobile? and yes i am aware that tmobile will have the new blackberry(s) that are coming out this summer, ill look into that. Been loyal through my battery pulls and its time to reevaluate. anyone?

might just abandon bb ship with this one.

My Tmobile contract is almost up. since bbm might be a go for android, is the galaxy the best android go-to phone on tmobile? and yes i am aware that tmobile will have the new blackberry(s) that are coming out this summer, ill look into that. Been loyal through my battery pulls and its time to reevaluate. anyone?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

How are the batteries on Android phones? I'm tired of having to charge my phone every day/other.

Depends on the phone, than it depends on if you are going to be using a custom rom/fw. There are certain roms that try to maximize battery life but you usually are going to have to lose some functionality for maximum battery life.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

How are the batteries on Android phones? I'm tired of having to charge my phone every day/other.

Depends on the phone, than it depends on if you are going to be using a custom rom/fw. There are certain roms that try to maximize battery life but you usually are going to have to lose some functionality for maximum battery life.

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

no groups, pics , voicenotes = another failed chat service like whatsapp, ping and kik.
i think thats what makes bbm such a big deal.
i had a BB for a while rarely used it, only with my friends in nicaragua which made it easy and cheap for me to talk to them.

Umm dude... Whatsapp has those features u mentioned above.

no groups, pics , voicenotes = another failed chat service like whatsapp, ping and kik.
i had a BB for a while rarely used it, only with my friends in nicaragua which made it easy and cheap for me to talk to them.

^The batteries on Androids need to be charged pretty often...more so than the iPhone's or Blackberry's.

Too bad I'm gonna be stuck with the Torch until September of 2012.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

BD for life!!!

laugh.gif

this. tell me how I go on my iTouch to check my e-mail so I can track a shipment and theres an app that automatically loads up the UPS tracking page without me even downloading it? my BB OG Storm can't do anything remotely close to that. I realize it's dated 2 years but for crying out loud. 
BB just gave away the only thing they have going for them right now. BBMs are cool, but when you think about it are you willing to keep the BB just to be able to BBM chicks? Does it really matter how you text these garden tools? I'm dropping my BB with the quickness when my plan comes up in the spring...

BD for life!!!

laugh.gif

this. tell me how I go on my iTouch to check my e-mail so I can track a shipment and theres an app that automatically loads up the UPS tracking page without me even downloading it? my BB OG Storm can't do anything remotely close to that. I realize it's dated 2 years but for crying out loud. 
BB just gave away the only thing they have going for them right now. BBMs are cool, but when you think about it are you willing to keep the BB just to be able to BBM chicks? Does it really matter how you text these garden tools? I'm dropping my BB with the quickness when my plan comes up in the spring...

^The batteries on Androids need to be charged pretty often...more so than the iPhone's or Blackberry's.

Too bad I'm gonna be stuck with the Torch until September of 2012.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

I just don't see people opting to use a third party messaging service over texting, especially with tiered data plans becoming the norm. Maybe if apple brings iChat but outside of that no way this will become a real alternative to texting for the majority of phone users.
Whats app > regular texting all day.

Pictures, voice messages, sending locations, and interface are infinitely better than regular texting. Character limits? Please....

With that said, BBM is hella late to the cross platform chatting game. They may have started it, but they've been stagnant for the longest time trying to keep this a blackberry exclusive while kik and whatsapp have been growing. Too late to catch up imo.

laugh.gif

That would be the keyboard. The physical keyboard is (Still) unmatched by any phone manufacture. Their OS can go to hell.

Originally Posted by lokiD40

whatsapp-logo.jpg

All day.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

I just don't see people opting to use a third party messaging service over texting, especially with tiered data plans becoming the norm. Maybe if apple brings iChat but outside of that no way this will become a real alternative to texting for the majority of phone users.
Whats app > regular texting all day.

Pictures, voice messages, sending locations, and interface are infinitely better than regular texting. Character limits? Please....

With that said, BBM is hella late to the cross platform chatting game. They may have started it, but they've been stagnant for the longest time trying to keep this a blackberry exclusive while kik and whatsapp have been growing. Too late to catch up imo.

laugh.gif

That would be the keyboard. The physical keyboard is (Still) unmatched by any phone manufacture. Their OS can go to hell.

Originally Posted by lokiD40

whatsapp-logo.jpg

All day.
pimp.gif

love BBM better than texting for the simple fact that i can see when my message has been delivered and read 

love BBM better than texting for the simple fact that i can see when my message has been delivered and read 

Originally Posted by chamilitary03

BBM on BB will forever be better than anything else. Period.
as long as it stays on BB...I would not like it on Android.

Originally Posted by chamilitary03

BBM on BB will forever be better than anything else. Period.
as long as it stays on BB...I would not like it on Android.

Back
Top Bottom