BBM coming to Android and iOS later this year. So why stay with Blackberry??

Didn't read, can you message between BB and Android/IOS? That would be golden.

Yall bickering over a *%%*%*# device smh, if you can do that above all this means is more !$+$$!# on BBM.
pimp.gif

Didn't read, can you message between BB and Android/IOS? That would be golden.

Yall bickering over a *%%*%*# device smh, if you can do that above all this means is more !$+$$!# on BBM.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

no groups, pics , voicenotes = another failed chat service like whatsapp, ping and kik.
i think thats what makes bbm such a big deal.
i had a BB for a while rarely used it, only with my friends in nicaragua which made it easy and cheap for me to talk to them.

Umm dude... Whatsapp has those features u mentioned above.
oh rly, sorry i didnt know that.
well why didnt it catch on though? damn so what rly is the point of bbm if whatsapp has all those things, lol

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

no groups, pics , voicenotes = another failed chat service like whatsapp, ping and kik.
i think thats what makes bbm such a big deal.
i had a BB for a while rarely used it, only with my friends in nicaragua which made it easy and cheap for me to talk to them.

Umm dude... Whatsapp has those features u mentioned above.
oh rly, sorry i didnt know that.
well why didnt it catch on though? damn so what rly is the point of bbm if whatsapp has all those things, lol

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

I just don't see people opting to use a third party messaging service over texting, especially with tiered data plans becoming the norm. Maybe if apple brings iChat but outside of that no way this will become a real alternative to texting for the majority of phone users.
Whats app > regular texting all day.

Pictures, voice messages, sending locations, and interface are infinitely better than regular texting. Character limits? Please....
You totally disregarded the reasoning behind my statement. All that stuff takes DATA. Some people only have 200 MB of data bandwidth on AT&T. I swear most of you guys just read what you want to read.

I just don't see people opting to use a third party messaging service over texting, especially with tiered data plans becoming the norm. Maybe if apple brings iChat but outside of that no way this will become a real alternative to texting for the majority of phone users.

Pictures, voice messages, sending locations, and interface are infinitely better than regular texting. Character limits? Please....
You totally disregarded the reasoning behind my statement. All that stuff takes DATA. Some people only have 200 MB of data bandwidth on AT&T. I swear most of you guys just read what you want to read.

Disregarded with good reason...DATA usage is negligable.

Over 3000 messages sent and recieved, 9 MB total data, about 1 month of usage.

Not even sure if this takes into account the usage on Wi-fi, in which actual data usage would be substantially less.

Not even sure if this takes into account the usage on Wi-fi, in which actual data usage would be substantially less.

They must be compressing the images. Right now a picture from my iPhones rear camera is about 1.5mb.

They must be compressing the images. Right now a picture from my iPhones rear camera is about 1.5mb.

i hate when people say BBM is like MSN, AIM, Yahoo Messenger etc. you clearly have not used BBM or you dont get the point

1. bbm is on EVERY blackberry, cannot be uninstalled (to my knowledge). once you activate it, you get addicted.

2. bbm is always connected ONLINE, meaning... no signing in (unlike messaging clients). you can always message your friends, even if they're not available. the message will be pushed to them.

3. you can communicate with people worldwide for FREE (well included in your data). dont need to spend money on texting plans to text people in another country (i have friends in the US and i have to email them because it's 75 cents to send a text message)

point that i don't like but i do at the same time:
4. read receipt confirmation.

p.s. i own an iPhone and miss BBM, but BBM isn't going to bring me back to the blackberry. the phone itself sucks, freezes, and is a piece of !#@@.
if BBM comes to the iPhone, i'll pay for it.

i hate when people say BBM is like MSN, AIM, Yahoo Messenger etc. you clearly have not used BBM or you dont get the point

1. bbm is on EVERY blackberry, cannot be uninstalled (to my knowledge). once you activate it, you get addicted.

2. bbm is always connected ONLINE, meaning... no signing in (unlike messaging clients). you can always message your friends, even if they're not available. the message will be pushed to them.

3. you can communicate with people worldwide for FREE (well included in your data). dont need to spend money on texting plans to text people in another country (i have friends in the US and i have to email them because it's 75 cents to send a text message)

point that i don't like but i do at the same time:
4. read receipt confirmation.

p.s. i own an iPhone and miss BBM, but BBM isn't going to bring me back to the blackberry. the phone itself sucks, freezes, and is a piece of !#@@.
if BBM comes to the iPhone, i'll pay for it.

I'll use it when it drops for iOS def.

I wanna know what dude asked above which was can you chat with BB users if you have a iphone

Back
Top Bottom