BBM coming to Android and iOS later this year. So why stay with Blackberry??

I'll use it when it drops for iOS def.

I wanna know what dude asked above which was can you chat with BB users if you have a iphone

I'm surprised RIM is waving the white flag. They need to re-focus their attention on efficient phones for corporate accounts and not making their phones "cute" for 20somethings.
I hope this isnt subscription based. I want to pay a one time charge of max 15 bux.
And seriously how are people saying bbm is better on bb as if they used it on any other devices yet. Fanboyism at its greatest. Just admit that your blackberry has a reserved spot in museums next to dvd players.

I'm surprised RIM is waving the white flag. They need to re-focus their attention on efficient phones for corporate accounts and not making their phones "cute" for 20somethings.
I hope this isnt subscription based. I want to pay a one time charge of max 15 bux.
And seriously how are people saying bbm is better on bb as if they used it on any other devices yet. Fanboyism at its greatest. Just admit that your blackberry has a reserved spot in museums next to dvd players.

Originally Posted by al3x89

bbm is always connected ONLINE, meaning... no signing in (unlike messaging clients). you can always message your friends, even if they're not available. the message will be pushed to them.

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

love BBM better than texting for the simple fact that i can see when my message has been delivered and read
and this why i ALWAYS prefered AIM over BBM...at some in time i'd like to sign out and NOT talk to everyone 24/7
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

AIM connected to FB chat >> BBM

but if they do BBM on android for free i'll install it and smash these chickens thats rockin them boost mobile blackberry phones light and early
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

bbm is always connected ONLINE, meaning... no signing in (unlike messaging clients). you can always message your friends, even if they're not available. the message will be pushed to them.

love BBM better than texting for the simple fact that i can see when my message has been delivered and read
and this why i ALWAYS prefered AIM over BBM...at some in time i'd like to sign out and NOT talk to everyone 24/7
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

but if they do BBM on android for free i'll install it and smash these chickens thats rockin them boost mobile blackberry phones light and early
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i hate when people say BBM is like MSN, AIM, Yahoo Messenger etc. you clearly have not used BBM or you dont get the point

1. bbm is on EVERY blackberry, cannot be uninstalled (to my knowledge). once you activate it, you get addicted.

2. bbm is always connected ONLINE, meaning... no signing in (unlike messaging clients). you can always message your friends, even if they're not available. the message will be pushed to them.

3. you can communicate with people worldwide for FREE (well included in your data). dont need to spend money on texting plans to text people in another country (i have friends in the US and i have to email them because it's 75 cents to send a text message)

point that i don't like but i do at the same time:
4. read receipt confirmation.

p.s. i own an iPhone and miss BBM, but BBM isn't going to bring me back to the blackberry. the phone itself sucks, freezes, and is a piece of !#@@.
if BBM comes to the iPhone, i'll pay for it.
Not to sound like a broken record, but whatsapp does all this, across Blackberry OS, iOS, and Android.

And yes, I've used bbm for three years as I watched all my friends jump off RIM onto iOS and Android.... so I know what the addiction is about.

i hate when people say BBM is like MSN, AIM, Yahoo Messenger etc. you clearly have not used BBM or you dont get the point

1. bbm is on EVERY blackberry, cannot be uninstalled (to my knowledge). once you activate it, you get addicted.

2. bbm is always connected ONLINE, meaning... no signing in (unlike messaging clients). you can always message your friends, even if they're not available. the message will be pushed to them.

3. you can communicate with people worldwide for FREE (well included in your data). dont need to spend money on texting plans to text people in another country (i have friends in the US and i have to email them because it's 75 cents to send a text message)

p.s. i own an iPhone and miss BBM, but BBM isn't going to bring me back to the blackberry. the phone itself sucks, freezes, and is a piece of !#@@.
Not to sound like a broken record, but whatsapp does all this, across Blackberry OS, iOS, and Android.

And yes, I've used bbm for three years as I watched all my friends jump off RIM onto iOS and Android.... so I know what the addiction is about.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Not sure if it would be available on Droid. But you do realize that you can go into your settings and block any bbm/pin messages from being sent to your device if you want to log off that badly. Also those complaining about the delivered/read thing, you can screen your messages so it will just sit with a delivered even after you have read it
pimp.gif
. Not sure how it would work on iOS @##$** notifier though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Not sure if it would be available on Droid. But you do realize that you can go into your settings and block any bbm/pin messages from being sent to your device if you want to log off that badly. Also those complaining about the delivered/read thing, you can screen your messages so it will just sit with a delivered even after you have read it
pimp.gif
. Not sure how it would work on iOS @##$** notifier though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

dude i agree with you. i have whatsapp too and i try to use it but wanna know what the problem is?
people are just crazy about BBM... 

it's that simple... also the fact that it's already integrated into the OS itself that makes it so appealing. 

every time i ask a person why they have a BB and not an android/iphone? "cause of bbm"... well you can use whatsapp.. "naw i want bbm". even tho blackberry is so outdated (do not even tell me bb 6.0 is decent, it's hardly innovating compared to iphones/androids), it's just this BBM hype is what draws people. 

it's just the "cool" thing to do. and yes, i was drawn to it as well 
laugh.gif
 but now i know better. * > bb and it's not even close. 

also, blackberry users that i've talked to say "why install whatsapp if i  have BBM?" and i'm just shaking my head... not only that... you have 11, 12, 13, 14 year olds carrying SMARTPHONES around. when i was 14 i got a cell phone, i didn't even have text messaging. only used it to call home/dad/mom/emergency.. i had MSN and a computer to talk to friends from school. no fb either

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

dude i agree with you. i have whatsapp too and i try to use it but wanna know what the problem is?
people are just crazy about BBM... 

it's that simple... also the fact that it's already integrated into the OS itself that makes it so appealing. 

every time i ask a person why they have a BB and not an android/iphone? "cause of bbm"... well you can use whatsapp.. "naw i want bbm". even tho blackberry is so outdated (do not even tell me bb 6.0 is decent, it's hardly innovating compared to iphones/androids), it's just this BBM hype is what draws people. 

it's just the "cool" thing to do. and yes, i was drawn to it as well 
laugh.gif
 but now i know better. * > bb and it's not even close. 

also, blackberry users that i've talked to say "why install whatsapp if i  have BBM?" and i'm just shaking my head... not only that... you have 11, 12, 13, 14 year olds carrying SMARTPHONES around. when i was 14 i got a cell phone, i didn't even have text messaging. only used it to call home/dad/mom/emergency.. i had MSN and a computer to talk to friends from school. no fb either

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

BBM on BB > BBM on Android or iOS

No one wants that watered down garbage, its just text on another platform. No matter how many times Ninjahood comes in here and tell u different.

BD for life!!!

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

BBM on BB > BBM on Android or iOS

No one wants that watered down garbage, its just text on another platform. No matter how many times Ninjahood comes in here and tell u different.

BD for life!!!

BBM on most phones could be epic, but I think it's going to lose its "exclusivity" and its going to just turn into an AIM 2.0

BBM on most phones could be epic, but I think it's going to lose its "exclusivity" and its going to just turn into an AIM 2.0

One word in favour of BBM.

Security.

Can lay some extra-curricular pipe and sleep easy knowing your conversations are encrypted.

One word in favour of BBM.

Security.

Can lay some extra-curricular pipe and sleep easy knowing your conversations are encrypted.

Back
Top Bottom