Before release day gamma xi legit check

I got my gammas in the mail today, I've gotten a few gray markets and you normally get that feeling in your stomach tht you got screwed and have to send them back. Seller had a pretty good story on how he gets them early but I don't want to go into that. My other experiences getting gray markets in the mail is noticing a huge box for a sz 8. This box is the same exact size as my concords. The embossing of the jump man are not perfectly dead on on the sides of the box please look at pics to see what I mean. When I run my finger over the 23 on the top of the box I notice my concord box is a little deeper. I know you can not tell if a pair of shoes is real by the box but I'm putting info out starting with the box.
Onto the shoe I am not an expert and I know not many have seen or touched these shoes just yet but please judge the pics based off of what you base any other xi release from. I would like to say the shoes do not have that strong glue smell at all, they smell just like going to your local authorized nike dealer and pulling out a pair of xi's. The shoe trees do have that glitter look and I noticed gray markets a lot of the time have the wrong size shoe tree, the trees are. 6.5-8 and the actual shoe is a sz 8. Onto the pics. Also does nike lace all xi's to the top? My ds sj and concords are laced all the way.

View media item 701782View media item 701789View media item 701790View media item 701791View media item 701792View media item 701796View media item 701813View media item 701815View media item 701816View media item 701817View media item 701818View media item 701819View media item 701820View media item 701821View media item 701823View media item 701824View media item 701825View media item 701826View media item 701827View media item 701829View media item 701843View media item 701845View media item 701847View media item 701848View media item 701849View media item 701851View media item 701852View media item 701854View media item 701855View media item 701857

Dont really know if its legit or not coz its an early release,but damn the back of the shoe is creased already and looks deformed, if its legit JB QC is so messed up

yeah it seems like the shoes have been bent i guess you could say like they were boxed fast and kept that form. you can see the tongue on the right foot shoe looks crooked and when i take the shoes tree out and pull the tongue it is straight. im not the best at explaining things but basically the collars look they took a different shape from being in the same position. hope that makes sense.

What I'm trying to find out at thi point is do the normal things that are pointed out on gm and fakes look good on this pair like the 23 on back, collars, patent leather cut, carbon fiber, stitching. Considering if they were an already released pair.

What I'm trying to find out at thi point is do the normal things that are pointed out on gm and fakes look good on this pair like the 23 on back, collars, patent leather cut, carbon fiber, stitching. Considering if they were an already released pair.
The tells are there man... JUST LOOK at the collars.. Ive told  you before 99/100 early release is GMs.

legit IMO.. notice the nice defined shape in the collars..

Last edited:
Timmy the first post I just used the auction pictures he supplied. This post I used my own actual pictures. Yes the collars look bent and I was just hoping it was from them being in the box, wishful thinking. We'll if these are gm's in my opinion they are getting better about the glue smell, using the correct size box, correct size shoe trees. So everything is off on them? 23, patent leather cut, carbon fiber?

Timmy the first post I just used the auction pictures he supplied. This post I used my own actual pictures. Yes the collars look bent and I was just hoping it was from them being in the box, wishful thinking. We'll if these are gm's in my opinion they are getting better about the glue smell, using the correct size box, correct size shoe trees. So everything is off on them? 23, patent leather cut, carbon fiber?
Sorry, my bad...Its not just the little things at play here...Its the shoe in general man.. not just things like CF and a 23.. IMO those look fine on yours..those guys read sneaker LCs too... However its other things like shape and cuts of material that are off.. for instance just look at the heel part the 23 is placed on..On legit pairs this area is longer and slender on RD pairs..Compare the pic I uploaded vs yours.. They have tells man..

its fine Timmy i know i get annoying with my legit checks but ive been buying alot of shoes and just want to make sure there legit. i personally dont really like the gamma and will never wear them but i want a pair for my collection. too bad these damn ebay sellers are not honest. i guess not everyone out there is like me. i did find it iffy when i noticed he had a pair that sold on the 6th which i do not know how quickly the stores actually get shoes before they release. the seller now has alot of the black and red 1s coming out soon. so for sure i need to box them up and send them back or wait a few days to see if others have these same issues? i promise im not in denial, just hate to bash the sellers feedback and send them back.

its fine Timmy i know i get annoying with my legit checks but ive been buying alot of shoes and just want to make sure there legit. i personally dont really like the gamma and will never wear them but i want a pair for my collection. too bad these damn ebay sellers are not honest. i guess not everyone out there is like me. i did find it iffy when i noticed he had a pair that sold on the 6th which i do not know how quickly the stores actually get shoes before they release. the seller now has alot of the black and red 1s coming out soon. so for sure i need to box them up and send them back or wait a few days to see if others have these same issues? i promise im not in denial, just hate to bash the sellers feedback and send them back.
Bash away.. he deserves it!

Also dont forget to give thumbs up to those who help you here..                                                                                                                 I

V

Last edited:
i do think i see what your talking about on the 23 area. mine seems less short and wider. in your pic it looks slimmer and longer

i do think i see what your talking about on the 23 area. mine seems less short and wider. in your pic it looks slimmer and longer
yep.. and that little misstep throws off the spacing between the PL and that area..etc etc.. Its little things, but they are there. Maybe wait just till after release if you want and see but im 99% sure they are GMs homie..

Timmy have you had your hands on a gr pair yet? I hear people are saying there's a lot of glue on them.

Timmy have you had your hands on a gr pair yet? I hear people are saying there's a lot of glue on them.
I have not.. I didnt want them so I didnt try..Honestly that wouldnt suprise me, JB knows they will sell regardless..With more hype come less quality bc they know they wont get stuck with the poor ones..JB knows some poor kid is gonna sleep on the sidewalk for them anyway. It could also be they have the dark midsole which would show more glue compared to a white midsole IMO..could be just that.

Yeah I agree they will all sell regardless.

My pair smells like a fresh pair bought at the local mall. I'm too familiar with the gm glue smell I shipped back. A pair of sj and breds but knew right away they were off. I mentioned the no glue smell above and how either this pair is legit or the gm are getting a hell of a lot better. I want to believe Timmy cause I know he knows his shoes but at the same time I wish I could just get a legit pair on eBay and not have to deal with returning and filing a dispute. Fml

Btw how does your pair smell? Usually gm/fakes smell like adhesive/glue
this is only if they were freshly made GMs.. For instance an early release is a GM but the early made ERs of these would smell like an RD at this point if you bought it today bc the ERs have been out for like 3 months..

any idea how early a shoe store get jordans in? timmy i told you how the seller told me he gets them, and looking at his completed listings the first pair of gammas he listed was dec 6th. is that too early for a nike authorized dealer to get shoes?

Yeah I agree they will all sell regardless.

My pair smells like a fresh pair bought at the local mall. I'm too familiar with the gm glue smell I shipped back. A pair of sj and breds but knew right away they were off. I mentioned the no glue smell above and how either this pair is legit or the gm are getting a hell of a lot better. I want to believe Timmy cause I know he knows his shoes but at the same time I wish I could just get a legit pair on eBay and not have to deal with returning and filing a dispute. Fml
hahaah yea big pain in the ***...I still have to say Ebay is the best place to find a legit pair of anything after the release..You just have to REALLY know in and out whatever it is your after, and not fall for the great deal bs etc. etc. It does suck bc the resellers have taken it over so you have to search through 100s of bs listings to find what your after but that makes it a little sweeter in the end IMO.

My best advise is do a LC before you buy if you are not 100% on your purchase...It just takes a min and it will save you these headaches..You cant always get your $ back once you have made an unwise decision. Ive seen a few guys lose big $ bc they couldnt prove they were fake to ebay or PP.

any idea how early a shoe store get jordans in? timmy i told you how the seller told me he gets them, and looking at his completed listings the first pair of gammas he listed was dec 6th. is that too early for a nike authorized dealer to get shoes?
Its usually about a week to 10 days, two at most I would guess but never seen them actually that early...

Honestly I dont beleive his story though..Why risk you job to steal kicks from the back room..someones gonna wanna know where the missing pairs are at some point..JB is pretty on point with inventory too from my experiences..If they find out your selling early they will take the contract..IDK  Thats pretty much the best story you could sell unless you said you worked for JB or something..

Last edited:
I was thinking he may take pairs he has multiple sizes of and sell early and just ring them up on rd. wouldn't be hard to do. Only sizes he had were 8,12, and 15. Honestly I'm not a sucker because it doesn't hurt me if I have to wait to get a refund but I feel safer sometimes buying thru eBay than in person. In person you have to worry about is the person I'm meeting up with an idiot and am I possibly going to have to shoot him if he tries anything stupid. Not completely there but here in dallas people do stupid ****.

I was thinking he may take pairs he has multiple sizes of and sell early and just ring them up on rd. wouldn't be hard to do. Only sizes he had were 8,12, and 15. Honestly I'm not a sucker because it doesn't hurt me if I have to wait to get a refund but I feel safer sometimes buying thru eBay than in person. In person you have to worry about is the person I'm meeting up with an idiot and am I possibly going to have to shoot him if he tries anything stupid. Not completely there but here in dallas people do stupid ****.
I agree.. 100s of knuckleheads anywhere you go.. be safe man..Feel free to ask me if you think somethins suspect first.. I got ya.

Timmy I saw someone else's general release today and I have to say the collars and back looked pretty similar to my pair. Maybe jb just sad **** quality on this release. Can anyone else out there post pics of your general release pair of xi's please. Especially the collars and back of the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom