Before release day gamma xi legit check

Last edited:
Timmy by the collars do you look at the shape or the uniformity of where the fabrics meet? Kind of like the top ring around a coke can how its at the same spot all around?

A few more gr pics.
Idk man Its a little of both.. Ive been around since the OG11s in 96 i have seen a million pairs over the years so im guessing Its just a trained eye thing.. Its the general shape, the thickness, the seam, how tall or short the shoe may be etc..Yes there are anomalies but IMHO those are GMs... The collars in these ^ pix look much better..Here is another pic from another LCer.. These collars look really good..I think once you see 10-15 more legit RD pairs you will see what I mean..

Other NTers pix

Thanks again. I'm on the way to pick up a finish line pair right now and my champs online pair should be in this week. Ill do a side by side comparison and hopefully I can see it. Timmy check your inbox.

Thanks again. I'm on the way to pick up a finish line pair right now and my champs online pair should be in this week. Ill do a side by side comparison and hopefully I can see it. Timmy check your inbox.
Nice.. hopefully we can figure it out..I hope im wrong in this case but my gut is telling me other wise..Ill try to do a little more digging until they come. Im sure we are about to see a flood of Gamma LCs since the initial release is over.

Last edited:
Nice.. hopefully we can figure it out..I hope im wrong in this case but my gut is telling me other wise..Ill try to do a little more digging until they come. Im sure we are about to see a flood of Gamma LCs since the initial release is over.

All right Timmy time to get the magnifying glass out on this comparison. I got the finish line pair from an employee of finish line that I know. All pics are tagged with my user I'd and if there the eBay or finishline pair. I want you to be right because you always help me out but also I don't want you to be right cause I don't want to send them back and deal with a dispute. I will say once again if these a gray market then people might as we'll buy gray markets because they are so damn close. Not really I'd never settle for gray market.
View media item 706448View media item 706450View media item 706459View media item 706460View media item 706461View media item 706462View media item 706463View media item 706464View media item 706465View media item 706466View media item 706467View media item 706468View media item 706471View media item 706474View media item 706475View media item 706476View media item 706478View media item 706479View media item 706480View media item 706481

honestly man its pretty hard to tell.. If this is a GM; its the definition of them..These are pretty spot on but there are IMO minor differences.

A few very slight differences Ive noticed...  An im trying to put the microscope to them..

The FNL pair does not show the small white FNL label? 

1- starting with the box. The color of the Gamma Blue pull circle looks a shade or 2 off..Its close but does not look the exact same in the pic unless its just the lighting.

2- The space between the pull circle directly South to the start of the spot varnish(the shiny part of the box) looks to be different.. this should be consistent IMO.

3- the front of the box that pulls out.. to where its spot varnish meets the spot varnish that is on the side of the box is off slightly on the Ebay pair.. Notice it meets up exactly on the FNL pair..All my AJ11 boxs meet up true..GM boxs sometimes show this trait.

4-The collars still bug me a little. They still look thicker on your pair IMO.. also does the inner material seem exactly the same? Its hard to tell in the pix.

5- The 23 on the FNL pair is crisp and has sharp angles where as the Ebay pair looks a little more loose. An also a shade or 2 more yellow.. Also could be a lighting issue. Can you confirm.

6- Inside cut of PL on the Ebay pair seems a tad taller than the FNL pair.

7-The PL cut on the FNL pairs toes is closer to the 1st lace..This is IMO how it should look..The Ebay pair shows more room here.(could be nothing but im just trying to be thorough)

8- The shoe trees on the Ebay pair look a shade or 2 darker IMO.. 

Again, this could be reaching, but in regards to comparisons:

1. Carbon Fiber on EB pair seems to have more spacing between circles than the FNL pair. Circles are more like "circles" on the EB pair as well versus the blocked circle on the FNL pair.

2. "23" on the EB pair seems to have a smooth high yellow gloss finish, versus a tight defined less glossy finish on the FNL pair.

3. Agree with Timmy above, the material inside the collar on the EB pair seems more like a shiny spandex.

I have FNL and NDC pairs arriving shortly, I'll check for consistency and report back!

Originally Posted by cdynasty24  

Again, this could be reaching, but in regards to comparisons:

1. Carbon Fiber on EB pair seems to have more spacing between circles than the FNL pair. Circles are more like "circles" on the EB pair as well versus the blocked circle on the FNL pair.

2. "23" on the EB pair seems to have a smooth high yellow gloss finish, versus a tight defined less glossy finish on the FNL pair.

3. Agree with Timmy above, the material inside the collar on the EB pair seems more like a shiny spandex.

I have FNL and NDC pairs arriving shortly, I'll check for consistency and report back!
My pair from Niketown has this shiny spandex materials as well

Update, NDC just arrived:

1. Yes, collar does have the shiny spandex.

2. The "23" on the back of my NDC pair is similar to the photo'ed FNL pair. NDC "23" is thin and defined, and not thick/bold glossy high yellow finish.

3. Outer Box: The glossy curve on the face of my NDC inner box does not line up with the glossy curve on the outer box, so this should not be a GM callout.

4. Also, though I don't normally prefer to judge by outer boxes, I can say that the jumpman on the sides of my NDC box are perfectly imprinted onto the box versus the EB pair photo'ed on the 1st page.

Last edited:
Update, NDC just arrived:

1. Yes, collar does have the shiny spandex.

2. The "23" on the back of my NDC pair is similar to the photo'ed FNL pair. NDC "23" is thin and defined, and not thick/bold glossy high yellow finish.

3. Outer Box: The glossy curve on the face of my NDC inner box does not line up with the glossy curve on the outer box, so this should not be a GM callout.

4. Also, though I don't normally prefer to judge by outer boxes, I can say that the jumpman on the sides of my NDC box are perfectly imprinted onto the box versus the EB pair photo'ed on the 1st page.
Appreciate you taking a look also. about the jumpman on the sides of the box the fnl box does not seem to be dead on centered i believe. i may have to take some pics of that later.

honestly man its pretty hard to tell.. If this is a GM; its the definition of them..These are pretty spot on but there are IMO minor differences.

A few very slight differences Ive noticed...  An im trying to put the microscope to them..

The FNL pair does not show the small white FNL label? 

1- starting with the box. The color of the Gamma Blue pull circle looks a shade or 2 off..Its close but does not look the exact same in the pic unless its just the lighting.

2- The space between the pull circle directly South to the start of the spot varnish(the shiny part of the box) looks to be different.. this should be consistent IMO.

3- the front of the box that pulls out.. to where its spot varnish meets the spot varnish that is on the side of the box is off slightly on the Ebay pair.. Notice it meets up exactly on the FNL pair..All my AJ11 boxs meet up true..GM boxs sometimes show this trait.

4-The collars still bug me a little. They still look thicker on your pair IMO.. also does the inner material seem exactly the same? Its hard to tell in the pix.

5- The 23 on the FNL pair is crisp and has sharp angles where as the Ebay pair looks a little more loose. An also a shade or 2 more yellow.. Also could be a lighting issue. Can you confirm.

6- Inside cut of PL on the Ebay pair seems a tad taller than the FNL pair.

7-The PL cut on the FNL pairs toes is closer to the 1st lace..This is IMO how it should look..The Ebay pair shows more room here.(could be nothing but im just trying to be thorough)

8- The shoe trees on the Ebay pair look a shade or 2 darker IMO.. 
I really appreciate everyone help on this pair. Timmy ive never seen FINISH LINE stickers on boxes, only champs, foot action and foot locker. i will say i have horrible lighting in my office so that may be why some of the colors are off but cant say for sure. i need to study the boxes more and wait till i get my champs pair and look at all 3 pairs. guessing its not possible that the issues could just be quality. 

So are we coming up with the conclusion of gm 100% or still wait to see what others find comparing there pair?

Honestly, if these are GM, they are awesome, and you should be able to sleep at night. Not like those GM Royals, etc.

However, I believe you have an authentic pair. Some stores have had these for a couple of weeks, and someone could possibly have snuck into the stash.

Even the on my note about the "23", I noticed in your first post, the left eBay shoe seems to have the more defined lettering. Also, NDC doesn't put product launch stickers on boxes like FNL, FL, etc, so that's not really a tell for me either.

Honestly, if these are GM, they are awesome, and you should be able to sleep at night. Not like those GM Royals, etc.

However, I believe you have an authentic pair. Some stores have had these for a couple of weeks, and someone could possibly have snuck into the stash.

Even the on my note about the "23", I noticed in your first post, the left eBay shoe seems to have the more defined lettering. Also, NDC doesn't put product launch stickers on boxes like FNL, FL, etc, so that's not really a tell for me either.
Thanks, i agree. ive recently returned a pair of breds and space jams and i knew the second i pulled them out of the shipping box they were not what they were suppose to be without even pulling them out of there box. if this pair is gm then nike has a run for there money and needs to start collecting all left overs and destroy them and the molds.

Appreciate you taking a look also. about the jumpman on the sides of the box the fnl box does not seem to be dead on centered i believe. i may have to take some pics of that later.

I really appreciate everyone help on this pair. Timmy ive never seen FINISH LINE stickers on boxes, only champs, foot action and foot locker. i will say i have horrible lighting in my office so that may be why some of the colors are off but cant say for sure. i need to study the boxes more and wait till i get my champs pair and look at all 3 pairs. guessing its not possible that the issues could just be quality. 

So are we coming up with the conclusion of gm 100% or still wait to see what others find comparing there pair?
LOL my bad man.. They do not exist.. I was drinkin a little lastnight.

LOL my bad man.. They do not exist.. I was drinkin a little lastnight.
laugh.gif

Timmy slipped and blamed it on the booze lol. I have to say thi is the hardest legit check I've put up. Mixed reviews but not a definite answer. I honestly do not want to do. The issues Timmy found with the box can be because of lighting and it seems like the box on this release may be a tad different that past releases. If the sellers story is true it seems like they may be legit. Do I still wait or do any of you have a definite answer? Timmybrixxx I saw in another post you meant ironed a member named firepower I think. Can we get him to take a look?

Timmy slipped and blamed it on the booze lol. I have to say thi is the hardest legit check I've put up. Mixed reviews but not a definite answer. I honestly do not want to do. The issues Timmy found with the box can be because of lighting and it seems like the box on this release may be a tad different that past releases. If the sellers story is true it seems like they may be legit. Do I still wait or do any of you have a definite answer? Timmybrixxx I saw in another post you meant ironed a member named firepower I think. Can we get him to take a look?
I did slip..LOL..That Mad Elf is no joke..I got it confused with FTA I think..I def apologize..I think his expertise is more OG 11s but it couldnt hurt.. You can see the colors first hand... Do they look different to you in person? On the box loops, the shoe trees, and the 23s?

and timmy iput up a lc on those concords i pmed you the other day since i now have them in my possesion/

Has anyone bought kicks from Theredkicks.com I know their fakes but has anyone actually received a pair?

:frown:    for not getting a 100% positive answer.   Timmy im about to ship these things to you lol

Back
Top Bottom