Being emotionally invested in sports/teams unappreciation

Exactly. If your a real fan of any team and your team lost in a big moment you may not go to the extreme but if you even utter the words it's ok and it doesn't really matter your not a real fan of that team.

After the steelers won it was me and THOUSANDS of people at the airport in the snow at 3am awaiting the return and to just get a glimpse of your favorite players...

I feel sorry for people like you. I say this in the most condescending manner possible. Missing work? Over a game I didn't play in? What the hell? Are you serious?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

^Yeah
laugh.gif
I was kinda with dude on the part about almost fighting friends, but missing work is O.D. I despise the smart ellick comments as much as the next fan but to call in? Not gonna happen.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I feel sorry for people like you. I say this in the most condescending manner possible. Missing work? Over a game I didn't play in? What the hell? Are you serious?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Yeah it's not for everybody.... I laugh at myself but it's not just from being upset about the game. It's just having an attitude period. And in my work I don't want to be in a bad mood and having people poke at me and stuff. You have to look at other people around as well. When someone be it sports or an embarrassing moment and people make fun and tease, it's the same as being bullied and people not wanting to be at school. Granted I missed the day after the super bowl because I didn't want to be bothered and the next two days because I was going to Pittsburgh for a parade that didn't happen but I didnt want to change and go back earky when I already had VACA days approved for that week. 

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Yeah it's not for everybody.... I laugh at myself but it's not just from being upset about the game. It's just having an attitude period. And in my work I don't want to be in a bad mood and having people poke at me and stuff. You have to look at other people around as well. When someone be it sports or an embarrassing moment and people make fun and tease, it's the same as being bullied and people not wanting to be at school. Granted I missed the day after the super bowl because I didn't want to be bothered and the next two days because I was going to Pittsburgh for a parade that didn't happen but I didnt want to change and go back earky when I already had VACA days approved for that week. 
There's no need to post your life story, you're a weirdo.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

laugh.gif
roll.gif

There's no need to post your life story, you're a weirdo.
laugh.gif
and you comment on my life though. 
laugh.gif
. Your cool. I'm good though I'm an adult. I think the steelers just have me so attached because it brings memories of thinking about my grandmother who died of cancer and my older brother who was murdered in Pittsburgh one of the reasons I live in CA and thnking about pittsburgh as the city in general and how the team embodies the city makes me have those feelings and brings back good memories of watching the super bowl with family. but that would be my life story but yeah it's weird I agree but it's more then just my team losing.. If that makes sense.

My dude said he shows up at work literally ready to fight tho
roll.gif
roll.gif

The guy that said as an owner he'd be like the guy on the oxygen tank and stretcher had me in tears.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

This is true, I have friends that don't even watch sports and I envy them.

Red Sox came back and beat us in the ALCS (thought i was gonna die, I was miserable. Life sucked, I was depressed for months)
Last year when we POUNDED the Eagles in the first half and then lost the game (shut off my computer, tv and phone for a week. Went for a two hour walk in 20 degree weather after the game)

BUT TODAY.......IT FEELS DAMN GOOD
All of this!
Especially that Sox comeback, almost got into a fight at school
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
BUT THIS WHOLE WEEK...I THINK I'LL BE DIABETIC BECAUSE THAT WIN WAS TOO SWEET!!!

Yeah you dudes are funny. I can seem funny and stupid but like I said if it was anything else I dont really get worked up but it's more so other things and a thing called grief and anniversary events that remind people of things that cause them to feel certain ways about stuff. The majority of you may be younger and haven't dealt with loss so you don't know about things reminding you of other things so it's good.

I'm out though. Congrats again giants fans

Yep! Strictly sticking to the NFL, I've seen and remembered 3 times the Vikings going to the NFC Championship all the while expecting, along with the public, that Minnesota finally gets to the SB in my lifetime only to be severely disappointed in all occasions. Twice with gut wrenching losses.

To be hones though, losses cut much deeper as a kid. I've got more of my own life going now to make it easier to get over. When you're a kid, that's your life. Bragging rights over friends or another year of torture from friends set it apart. Only kid wearing purple in Elementary school.
pimp.gif

it hurts when they lose a tough game. rather get blown out than lose a tough one (missed fgs, fumbles, walk off homers, blown saves, buzzer beaters, etc)

If you are emotionally invested enough in a sports team (that you have nothing to do with) that you have cried or missed several days from work, you should just commit that.

You obviously don't know what LIFE is about.
0e51524d70e9619d39e4305eb9c30d1a1c1f366_r.gif

Yep, Football is the worst too. Every game is so important. You wait a week sometimes two to see them play one game. The worst part about this year for me was I knew the Packers were going to make it the playoffs. One regular season loss can ruin a week so it was a pretty smooth ride emotionally going undefeated most of the year. Looking at the big picture though, it wasnt just waiting one week for every game like it is for the fans of teams who dont know if their team is gonna be in the playoffs or not. I waited 19 weeks for one game just to lose THAT game SMH.

Originally Posted by jmause3

Seeing your team win is one of the greatest feelings ever

Seeing them lose is like a kick in the nuts.

After some of my teams losses i just sit and stare at the TV with the
30t6p3b.gif
face. Dont even wanna watch ESPN for a couple days
laugh.gif
i literally turn into a kid when my teams lose, i get attitudes and everything, snap on people that call me, throw things. You name it i've probably done it
laugh.gif
After the Steelers got "Tebow'd" I literally didnt watch espn until the following monday after the Pats beat the broncos. After the Steelers lost last year I didn't watch anything football until pitchers and catchers reported to spring training. 
My wife wont even talk to me if my team takes the L. I've broken controllers, Cried, ready to fight friends. It doesnt help that people know how passionate I am and as soon as they lose here comes the text messages. Coworkers the next day asking what happened to your team. literally ready to fight but again when they win you cant tell me nothing! I gloat and boast and brag until the next season. 

gamer-gifs-i-know-that-feel-bro.gif

tired.gif

If you are emotionally invested enough in a sports team (that you have nothing to do with) that you have cried or missed several days from work, you should just commit that.

When will people learn that this is not funny at all
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

How many of you have seen a championship? I'm assuming OP has.
If I had already, I don't think I'd take things as seriously and get as worked up as I do (and definitely not if my team(s) have won multiple). I'm still just waiting on that one, though. 

I'm glad to say that I have

My teams/players are
Yankees
Nets
Tom Brady
LeBron James
Kevin Harvick

And Yankees 09 is the only one I've seen (I'm a very very casual football fan, and I don't remember seeing the Pats win. I've liked Tom Brady since he came in, but started REALLY following in 06)

I wonder if my list makes me look like a frontrunner. Anyone?

I don't think he's trying to be funny. He's trying to sound rough and tough which is funny in and of itself.

Sports isn't that serious, but the competitive aspect and emotional connection to every day life is the reason why it's a big deal. Now, I've never cried or called in sick because of my favorite team losing, but I think feeling emotionally spent and down is great for the human psyche...In the long run.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

How many of you have seen a championship? I'm assuming OP has.
If I had already, I don't think I'd take things as seriously and get as worked up as I do (and definitely not if my team(s) have won multiple). I'm still just waiting on that one, though. 
Its hard having %$@$ teams
frown.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

When will people learn that this is not funny at all
30t6p3b.gif

Not funny at all. 

It's crazy how it seems that if you shoot an opposing fan because your upset that seems to make sense. Research shows that super bowl sunday and thanksgiving Law Enforcement responds to more domestic violence calls for service then any other days of the year. A little girl gets put in the hospital at hockey game after being punched down the stairs for wearing the opposing teams jersey. 70+ people dead after a soccer match. A dad and his son are thrown up on and countless other violence that goes on behind sporting events. I said that I took a day off from work to not be bothered and I should kill myself..  
laugh.gif

I guess I'll beat my wife and fight people who wear Ravens jersyes, loss my savings, beat up a first base coach and shoot somebody so I wont be a weirdo. because my team reminds me of my family and I feel different then the average fan I need to go somewhere. HAHA Its good.

All the years of pain are so worth it when your team wins, though.
It's sort of a strange passion in the world, a person's love for their team. They are so unaffiliated, yet so close.

man this is what it means to be a fan.

you live and die with your team, the good moments feel like you're on cloud nine, and the bad moments make you cry and feel heartbroken, that's what true fandom is all about.

Back
Top Bottom