Being emotionally invested in sports/teams unappreciation

i still haven't gotten over the colts losing to the saints ... i wanted peyton to get #2 so bad
frown.gif

and let's not getting started on my sig

Def know that feel bro,it def hurts but I'll still cheer for them no matter what. You win some you lose some I guess 
tired.gif

Only time I felt that was back in 04.
0.4 seconds change my life forever. I was just a kid man. Worst feeling I ever had in sports. I watch the clip still hoping for a different ending.
Hoping the clock starts faster.
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Now when the SPURS are out I lose complete interest in the NBA. Only watch the the Heat cause I wanted them to piss people off.
LA getting swept last year was dope too.
smokin.gif

The J-E-T-S are something else. I really really want Sanchez and Rex to win one together. Next year.
pimp.gif

mad.gif

Just watch it. DAMN IT OP MY DAY IS NOW RUINED.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

Only one sports loss has really affected me and still lingers a bit, that's the 2009 Frozen Four Championship. I was devestated and as I said it still bothers me when I think about it

I have zero problem with people taking sports seriously, we all have our likes and tastes. I only have a problem when people lash out and irrationally have anger (unprovoked) towards other people that may have a different sports affiliation. That's not cool. Neither is any violent or criminal act. Other than that, be passionate about what you want

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I have zero problem with people taking sports seriously, we all have our likes and tastes. I only have a problem when people lash out and irrationally have anger (unprovoked) towards other people that may have a different sports affiliation. That's not cool. Neither is any violent or criminal act. Other than that, be passionate about what you want
Agreed on all points.

Been a few losses that really affected me.  Devils in 01 losing in Colorado, Yankees/Diamondbacks WS and Yanks/Sox ALCS.  But those losses just make it so much sweeter when you witness them finally win.

If we are talking about the worst loss I would def have to say when Miami lost to Ohio State in the 2003 title game. The way they loss though, with that bogus call, was the worst.

Went from pure joy to pure agony in a minute.

Still hate Ohio State to this day.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I've been a Colts fan since 94. Just think about the %+* I've been through. If Peyton gets released I'm done with the Colts forever
tired.gif
You won a championship and were one of the best teams this decade, stop whining.  And your bout to get the most heralded college QB in a minute like really out of all the NFL teams that could complain, your organization is certainly not one of them.

The Tuck Rule game will live with every Raider fan who experienced it forever. I don't know one other Raider fan who doesn't think of that game and get at least mildly upset.

^agree. It was a fumble.
As an Athletics fan its been tough. The yearly trades of good young players. Make it hard to continue to attend/watch A's game. At least this year seat will be even cheaper.
Now with my raiders it feels like the movie Ground Hog Day. Every 1yr 1/2 we get a new coach, big FA, and the same thing. Losing. But this year it will change for the better with Al Davis not being here.

Mets and Jets fan my whole life. Watching the Yankees and Giants own this town is getting OD.

I think it's time for a break up...

******** fan here. Sometimes I have to ask myself, "why? why I do I do this to myself?"
30t6p3b.gif
Every game is either a sure loss or we barely win. I couldn't watch the last 4 games of the season. It was just not good for my health.

They won big in the early parts of my life but have sucked since and it hurts.
tired.gif

I just need to experience one championship as an adult. Just one and it will be one of the most memorable days of my life.

Let's see, the Oilers were shipped to Tennessee, the Sonics were ripped from Seattle to OKC, the Texans made the playoffs
for the 1st time in there existence, and the Seahawks are still in a rebuilding phase years after having SuperBowl XL stolen
from them. I'm super invested in my teams (especially the Texans), but not in an unhealthy way.

The winning is great, but the losses, especially the close ones are sooooooo awful afterwards
30t6p3b.gif
That 2010/2011 season
I swear I was feeling like I was gonna collapse on the floor every week. The year after going 9-7, we procede to have one of
the worst pass D in history, where no lead was ever safe, blowing 5 games in the 2nd half, and sometimes in the last 5 minutes.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Rob Gronkowski and other Patriots players after a Super Bowl loss:

Yo-Soy-Fiesta-Again.jpg

A few people in this thread after their favorite team loses:

jesse-jackson-crying.jpg

IraqiPersonCrying.jpg

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Fellas just hang in there.

The Mavs did nothing but fail in historic fashion until June.

That ring made all the heartbreak worth it.
yup 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Yo-Soy-Fiesta-Again.jpg

jesse-jackson-crying.jpg

IraqiPersonCrying.jpg
Those top pictures are exactly why I can never get overly upset about a favorite team of mine losing, even if a championship. I think emotional attachment lasts in between the opening tip/kick & buzzers.

as you can see from the pictures above, life goes on, & pretty fast at that. I've seen players laugh & rap it up w/ opposing players after excruciating losses, how could I possibly allow myself to breakdown or miss work after seeing some #$%@ like that? Maybe when I was 13/14, I'm 22 years old. No way am I getting upset over a sporting event, past 20 minutes of its' conclusion. 

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Yo-Soy-Fiesta-Again.jpg

jesse-jackson-crying.jpg

IraqiPersonCrying.jpg

Came to post the Gronkowski pic. Well played sir.

I really do not understand how someone could prioritize a sports team so highly that they get upset for more than ten minutes after they lose. But hey *shrug* to each his own.

I wonder what the world would be like if people put this much energy into...you know something that mattered...

Thought this was dead. 
laugh.gif
 at Gronk.
You dudes crazy trying to be judge mental of people who feel a certain way about anything. You don't have a clue why they feel that way. 

You can honestly say to someone that lived through the 1989 Earthquake that continuing the world series and attending it has nothing to do with their emotions?

Or someone in NYC around 9/11 and then going to Yankee Stadium or Shea means nothing emotional?

Someone who was in New Orleans and suffered through Hurricane Katrina and had to be in the dome where people were raped, robbed and murdered and then return to the very same place for a playoff game or even a regular season game and see the same place that's such a dark moment in their life full of life and happiness? 

You don't think that going to a sporting event OK State had nothing to do with peoples emotions after they lost members of the team in a plane accident or going to a Virginia Tech game after a school shooting. 

Most people that are genuinely upset may have something more to it then just their team lost. To judge them or try to troll people about something that you know nothing about is just plain ignorant. All of those events were tragedies and sports hold emotional holds to people because it's not just the game or the Yankees playing again but its the sense of normalcy again and doing things you did before a major event in your life happened. If some people don't get that then it's something wrong with you. You could say the same thing about nike shoes, video games and all types of material things. Who are any of us to tell someone they dont matter. Be real NT Fam 

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I swear watching sports and rooting for my teams have shaven 2 years off of my life due to the stress
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

This.
embarassed.gif

The worst is coming from winning consistently to just plain sucking. 

Back
Top Bottom