Being nice doesn't pay off

Last night i get to the library, open my door, and the wind catches it and it hits the car next to me. Turns out to be my friend whos dad owns a Place that fixes cars, me being the nice guy that i am, tells her and she just texted me saying that the dent and "repainting" of the door was going to cost me $500! i cant believe it , the dent is maybe the size of my fist and its a 07 Civic.

Man i feel like **** i'm so broke i thought she was going to say its ok or it ws going to cost under $200, the damage isn't even bad at all ...

All you did was tell someone where to get their car fixed. You thought they were going to do it for free? :lol:

Last edited:
I've known her for 20 years. our dads are friends... there is like no damage on her car at all

You did the honest thing and told her. Mistakes are costly, it's life. It'll come back to you for doing the right thing.

All you did was tell someone where to get their car fixed. You thought they were going to do it for free?
laugh.gif
Her girl whos car i hit , her dad owns the the car place.. 

Shouldn't have told her ****.

Women are all about them.

You did a good thing man, sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately you still gotta pay for the freak accident though.

Call her out tell her you're going to get some quotes because you feel it is too high. Friends don't try to play friends.

No joke, she told me they want to take the door off to repaint it , there is like one scratch i can buffer it out, but she insits on it being done at her place 

Last night i get to the library, open my door, and the wind catches it and it hits the car next to me. Turns out to be my friend whos dad owns a Place that fixes cars, me being the nice guy that i am, tells her and she just texted me saying that the dent and "repainting" of the door was going to cost me $500! i cant believe it , the dent is maybe the size of my fist and its a 07 Civic.

Man i feel like **** i'm so broke i thought she was going to say its ok or it ws going to cost under $200, the damage isn't even bad at all ...

Ask her for a quote from someone besides her dad's shop.

No joke, she told me they want to take the door off to repaint it , there is like one scratch i can buffer it out, but she insits on it being done at her place 

Refuse to pay if she won't let you get a quote elsewhere. There's a fine line between nice and a pushover.

No joke i think she is just trying to get cash for her visa, shes always complaining its maxed out 

why dont you ask her dad who owns the shop for an estimate....

I'm confused in who is who but tell her to get an estimate written out or tell her to have another shop checked out like others have said.

It was the right thing to do in a way but you should have left it alone. Especially if isnt noticable. Some people are just looking for an easy pay day. showed someone their phone was broken then they accused me of dropping it. Told me to pay for it. I said f off. We are no longer friends.

The way insurance companies work, get a quote from 3 shops and you pay the lowest one. You're a fool to pay $500 and not get other quotes.

Back
Top Bottom