BEN GORDON SIGNING WITH THE PISTONS....

So why would Joe D repeat what he did last year??

BG is not going to quit on his team, be a locker room cancer and fake been hurt like AI did last year with the pistons

He's the main reason why they are in this mess to begin with
No matter what this team was one its last legs this year

what teams would make a trade offer for rip?

Rip to the ??????
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

what teams would make a trade offer for rip?
I think there are several teams that could use Rip, but they each have issues at the moment they need to address before getting him. The Rockets(may have to rebuild), Hornets (salary concerns), Cavs (2010) and the Jazz (salary concerns).

So wait a second...

Joe D fires Curry today because Rip Hamilton says it's either him or me. Now on the same day, Joe D goes out and signs another player who plays the sameposition as Rip?

Doesn't make sense, unless there's a deal for Rip on the table. BG isn't going to help Detroit compete with Cleveland and Orlando, so why wastemoney signing dude?

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

So wait a second...

Joe D fires Curry today because Rip Hamilton says it's either him or me. Now on the same day, Joe D goes out and signs another player who plays the same position as Rip?

Doesn't make sense, unless there's a deal for Rip on the table. BG isn't going to help Detroit compete with Cleveland and Orlando, so why waste money signing dude?

ohwell.gif

and Derrick Rose beat out OJ Mayo's bum +%@ for the ROY award

pimp.gif

Solid pick up BG is my dude hate to see him leave CHI...He's pretty much plays like RIP anyway its just a matter of moving RIP now and getting some moresolid free agents..But an extension for RIP was dumb should have traded him for cap space or younger talent .

BG is not going to quit on his team, be a locker room cancer and fake been hurt like AI did last year with the pistons
I have heard some not too flattering things about BG in regards to chemistry issues tho.

Joe D fires Curry today because Rip Hamilton says it's either him or me. Now on the same day, Joe D goes out and signs another player who plays the same position as Rip?
The hell you hear that from? Thats not why he was fired. He was fired for mishandling pretty much situation he was dealt with. He wasnt the rightcoach for the team. There was no ultimatum given. Joe D commands too much respect for a move like that off top, and Rip aint got no pull like that at thispoint.

I havent heard $$$# about his being a "all but a done deal" either tho...

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

The hell you hear that from? Thats not why he was fired. He was fired for mishandling pretty much situation he was dealt with. He wasnt the right coach for the team. There was no ultimatum given. Joe D commands too much respect for a move like that off top, and Rip aint got no pull like that at this point.

I read about it on the Freep saying that Curry and Rip do not get along.

Curry must step up tofix relationship with Hamilton

Pistons had to canCurry for the future

The 2nd article suggests that it was either Curry or Rip...one had to go.

As a Bulls fan, I hope this is true. Ben Gordon is not worth anywhere near 11 million. I was always a big supporter of this guy (despite him being aone-dimensional player), but last year's playoffs settled it for me. Dude was jacking up shots that had zero chance of going in. His ball-hogging +contract would both hurt the Bulls long-term...

Yea we know they didnt get along, nobody got along with Curry. Tay (was the most outspoken, you know its truly a problem if he is vocal about a situation),Sheed, A.I., lost Stuckey. His repeated mismagagment of decisions made him lose the lockeroom, thats why he was let go.

Doubt it was a him-or-me thing, cuz Im sure Joe D would move Rip's contract in a minute if he could regardless. Rip aint even got no options to pull a movelike that. He just signed an extention last year, and probably wants out now anyway.

Also heard Curry being there couldve affected Free Agent interest, which explains the timing of the firing.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Yea we know they didnt get along, nobody got along with Curry. Tay (was the most outspoken, you know its truly a problem if he is vocal about a situation), Sheed, A.I., lost Stuckey. His repeated mismagagment of decisions made him lose the lockeroom, thats why he was let go.

Doubt it was a him-or-me thing, cuz Im sure Joe D would move Rip's contract in a minute if he could regardless. Rip aint even got no options to pull a move like that. He just signed an extention last year, and probably wants out now anyway.

Also heard Curry being there couldve affected Free Agent interest, which explains the timing of the firing.
This was basically the same team that had just ran off 2 very good head coaches in Larry Brown and Flip Saunders. If the team had enough pull toget rid of those two guys then Curry never never really had a chance...first mistake dude made he would have gotten the same treatment.

As far as Rip not having the options to pull a move like that..signing an extension just means that Rip has all the leverage in the world, he's a majorinvestment. If he doesn't like the coach then he could do something like come up with an "injury" and still get paid while the team loses.I'm sure he probably does want out though.

From a Det New article:
Though the timing of the firing was odd, it was not believed to be related to free agency, though certainly, with Curry gone, the Pistons might have a better chance of re-signing Antonio McDyess.

Curry very quickly lost the confidence of both his players and coaching staff last season. Dumars wanted to give Curry time this summer to mend some of those fences. When that hadn't happened, Dumars decided to pull the plug.

There is no deadline for hiring the new coach.

McDyess ain't coming back, he wants to win a ring...and with the way this economy is I don't think that whoever is coaching a team isgoing to be a major factor for any FA. I'm sure they all want to get paid and Detroit has money to spend. Ben Gordon wouldn't turn down 11 million ifCurry was still there, I promise you that.

I can't believe Detroit just didn't wait til' next off-season to go after a player rather than give damn near max money for BG. It's not likethey had several mediocre seasons. If they couldn't get Boozer, they should've just looked for some deals that could land them a big time PF. Maybethere is more to come, but they have been doing some questionable stuff as of late.

Gordon_Ben_chi.jpg
Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva flewto Detroit on Wednesday morning for a meeting with Pistons president Joe Dumars.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the pair are "moving rapidly toward deals" with the club.

Both Gordon and Villaneuva are unrestricted free agents, meaning that they are free to sign with any team they wish without Chicago and Milwaukeerespectively having any say

Gordon will be paid well, but he will soon realize that his new team is going nowhere. I will admit his shot selection is not always the best, but who willstep up in his place? Deng is coming off another injury plagued season.

Back
Top Bottom