Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

One problem with me, how come Kobe was REQUIRED to interview and give his DNA but Ben wasnt? am I misinterpreting something? and I think the problem with this DA was he was no match for a high powered defense team whos budget and resources was going to be as big as the entire Middlevillage Attorneys office budget resources.

Kobe volunteered his DNA.  I promise you that Pamela Mackey is one of the best litigators in the state and she would've done what Ben's lawyer did and refused to allow Kobe to give his DNA.  The DA offices in every state can petition for more money for high profile cases.  Eagle, Colorado is not big at all but I know for a fact they received resources from the state to proceed with that case. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

One problem with me, how come Kobe was REQUIRED to interview and give his DNA but Ben wasnt? am I misinterpreting something? and I think the problem with this DA was he was no match for a high powered defense team whos budget and resources was going to be as big as the entire Middlevillage Attorneys office budget resources.

Kobe was contacted by the authorities and he volunteered to give up the DNA ... after that they found the "other" DNA in that broad and the rest was history 

Ben dodged a major bullet ... w/ the lack on evidence, inconclusive tests ... imagine that cop that just got fired being put up on the stand and spilling the beans about what he didn't do ... all for a what a picture ... 

tired.gif

homie will go to jail for this sooner or later may not be for this case but it will happen it all makes it way around in the end............

smh @ there will only be 1 policy ... steelers gonna suspend him and they will say it was done with the commish's approval ...
smh.gif

w/e ... it'll be a slap on the wrist

and then the next person to do something will get the full wrath ... what a joke

Hm interesting and a bit disturbing for both. Bad situation but again if my friend is back there I'm raising all he'll. Also I read that thr victims statement is from what she could remember and what she thought might have happened. Both way too drunk to make the correct decisions

Despicable. Someone let Ben know that karma is a %$@$% and it'll be back to haunt him. One of my favorite players no more ...

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

•One of the girls in the group left the bar angrily after Roethlisberger purchased a round of drinks, saying "all my %!@%*$@, take some shots."

Its a celebration....

Im_RickJames_Bitch.jpg

yea tho, he's gonna take 4 games for this **@@....

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

same !++ popped in my head....but damn ben...you a NFL QB..the hell you gotta go raping broads for?

If you live in Pittsburgh, you've already known this guy is a %%$#%%% slimeball/dirtbag, for lack of a better word. Nothing in the report about his behavior surprises me, not one bit.

That being said, suspend him and be done with it. I'm tired of this #%#* leading the news every night
laugh.gif

I know a few will disagree but at 1st I wanted a 4 game suspension but now I think he should get atleast an 8 game suspension and I am gonna be upset because they're going to only do about a 2 game susp.

Big Ben...BIG RAPIST is more like it.  That police report is just
smh.gif
 and the fact that dude wouldn't talk to police is basically an admission of guilt to me. 

Here is the question...How do Pacman and vick get suspended BEFORE the case has been reviewed by local prosecutors and charges filed but this cat is in camp going about his football business?!  Goodell better hit this cat with a SERIOUS suspension 4-8 games or the players are going to revolt

After just reading some of that police report, I feel like I have to take a shower now
smh.gif

I still dont think there should be suspension from Goodell

Agreed.  At this point, I think Goodell would be putting himself in a bad spot if he were to suspend Ben.

and the fact that dude wouldn't talk to police is basically an admission of guilt to me. 

Not really, although I do see how and why you and others might feel that way.  The law is the law, which is what professional lawyers are paid to know and study.  By not talking to the cops and getting the advice from his lawyer Ben did the right thing.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

If you live in Pittsburgh, you've already known this guy is a %%$#%%% slimeball/dirtbag, for lack of a better word. Nothing in the report about his behavior surprises me, not one bit.

That being said, suspend him and be done with it. I'm tired of this #%#* leading the news every night
laugh.gif
i think this headlined before an actual murder last week
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Not talking to police isnt an admission of guilt. "Anything you say can and will be used against you.............." Its the smart play, just keep your mouth shut. Lawyers are in the world for a reason.

Not talking to police isnt an admission of guilt. "Anything you say can and will be used against you.............." Its the smart play, just keep your mouth shut. Lawyers are in the world for a reason.

Not really, although I do see how and why you and others might feel that way.  The law is the law, which is what professional lawyers are paid to know and study.  By not talking to the cops and getting the advice from his lawyer Ben did the right thing.

I feel what y'all are saying and I'm not a lawyer and I am sure I would be advised differently, but if I got accused of what is in that police report and I DIDN'T do it I'd want to talk to the police, the media, and anybody else who would listen.  No way I'd sit idly by and let somebody drag my name through the mud.

Agreed.  At this point, I think Goodell would be putting himself in a bad spot if he were to suspend Ben.

Please explain...how can goodell NOT suspend this guy.  While Vick and Pacman were different situations entirely he based his punishment on them embarassing the league and themselves...how does this not fit the bill?  Goodell did this to himself when he set this zero tolerance guilty before having a fair trial punishment policy.  If he DOESN'T hit Ben hard I would think a lot of players will be pissed.

Does Godell tack on, or just leave it in the hands of the Franchise?  So if Pitt suspends for 4, will Roger add games, or leave that as the total punishment? 

[h1]GBI documents contain evidence of another Roethlisberger allegation[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 16, 2010 9:03 AM ET

The 572 pages of documents released on Thursday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation likely contain plenty of useless and irrelevant stuff.  But, apparently, the materials contain some interesting information that could make things even more difficult for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Buried in an item in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution regarding the newly-available materials appears reference to an "unsubstantiated allegation" that a "drunken Roethlisberger" made an "unwanted advance" at another Milledgeville-area woman on an unspecified date during a party at Roethlisberger's house in the area.

Per the GBI information, Roethlisberger allegedly
pulled down his pants and told the woman she could "do whatever she wants."  A week later, he allegedly forced his hand up the same woman's skirt.

The woman was able to get away, and her father advised her not to file a formal criminal complaint.

If this stuff keeps coming out, Ben is going to get the Pacman treatment.

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1]GBI documents contain evidence of another Roethlisberger allegation[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 16, 2010 9:03 AM ET

The 572 pages of documents released on Thursday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation likely contain plenty of useless and irrelevant stuff.  But, apparently, the materials contain some interesting information that could make things even more difficult for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Buried in an item in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution regarding the newly-available materials appears reference to an "unsubstantiated allegation" that a "drunken Roethlisberger" made an "unwanted advance" at another Milledgeville-area woman on an unspecified date during a party at Roethlisberger's house in the area.

Per the GBI information, Roethlisberger allegedly
pulled down his pants and told the woman she could "do whatever she wants."  A week later, he allegedly forced his hand up the same woman's skirt.

The woman was able to get away, and her father advised her not to file a formal criminal complaint.

If this stuff keeps coming out, Ben is going to get the Pacman treatment.

Ok...I think Big Ben is as much of a herb as you can find...but if he's exposed himself to you and made an unwanted sexual advance, why party in the same place as him the following week?  Does't excuse his behavior one bit, but ALL parties involved need to smarten up. 

*Do any of you all think that there's a chance Big Ben is traded before the season starts?  I think these stories about his penchant for unwanted sexual advances are going to keep leaking....this is just the tip of the iceberg, and is getting more embarrassing by the day. 

I feel what y'all are saying and I'm not a lawyer and I am sure I would be advised differently, but if I got accused of what is in that police report and I DIDN'T do it I'd want to talk to the police, the media, and anybody else who would listen.  No way I'd sit idly by and let somebody drag my name through the mud.

As much as you think answering the cops questions is in any given case is a good idea, you also have to realize that some cops, not all but some, do twist certain statements around from defendants to make that defendant appear guilty or involved in a crime even when that person very well may not be.  At the end of the day, just like with anything, you pay or get an expert to take care of a task that you are not quite familiar with. 

Please explain...how can goodell NOT suspend this guy.  While Vick and Pacman were different situations entirely he based his punishment on them embarassing the league and themselves...how does this not fit the bill?  Goodell did this to himself when he set this zero tolerance guilty before having a fair trial punishment policy.  If he DOESN'T hit Ben hard I would think a lot of players will be pissed.

With Pacman he had numerous charges before in his pass which caused his suspension, and the judgement against Vick came after the court system found Vick guilty, and from there Goodell added on his punishment if I'm not mistaken.  With no ACTUAL criminal history or charges on Ben, I find it rather ridiculous for Goodell do suspend him, even with this so called "zero tolerance" policy the league has. 

Look at it like this, it would be also be ridiculous for Goodell to somehow punish Jerry Jones for his recent comments on Tebow and Parcell's as Jerry at the time wasn't making an official Dallas Cowboys statement, he was more or less joking around with a bunch of guys at the bar and somebody just so happened to be recording it.  In this day and age with everybody having a camera phone whether we want to admit or not, certain images or statements are going to get recorded probably without people even knowing it and passed along to the media only to be overblown up, just like the situation with Jerry Jones.  Let's also not forget, that TMZ is about to have a sports division that is soley dedicated to sports players and their activities.  I can see something as innocent as a current NFL player walking out drunk or tipsy from a club only to have a TMZ newsreporter there in front of the club capturing the NFL player staggering out of the club having a designated driver take that player home only for that story to get blown up by other media outlets.  Does something like that actually qualify as a players violated the zero tolerance policy??  At some point in time, everyone is not going to do something necessarily that the league or Goodell may agree with but everyone is human at the same time, people are going to fall short, it's just the way it is.  It just depends on the degree of that fall, and unless it's criminal I think Goodell doesn't have a leg to stand on to suspend players.

With no charges file. I don't think the players association would allow Goodell to suspend but no doubt he is working with the team on the punishment. Bens going to now have stories come out everywhere, Tiger style. The more that I hear I think he may get 6-8 games off

and the judgement against Vick came after the court system found Vick guilty, and from there Goodell added on his punishment if I'm not mistaken. 
you are mistaken...Vick was told not to attend falcons camp while the investigation was ongoing, he was charged, but he was not found gulty at that point.  Vick had a few run ins before the dogfighting thing (givin fans the finger, weed)...like Ben (motorcycle accident, accused of sexual assault)...but he still got hit hard before the investigation was complete..As a matter of fact Goodell put this in the letter to Vick telling him to stay away from camp. 

"While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy," Goodell said in a letter to the quarterback.  [URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946832[/url]

Like the rest of your post basically says its an impossible standard YET it's a standard Goodell has set.  You could say yeah well Vick was CHARGED with a crime, but Goodell's own words shoot holes in that argument.  He can't now go back and say oops my bad.  ESPECIALLY when it comes to one of the faces of the NFL, it would reek of a double standard.  Goodell HAS to suspend Ben.

Back
Top Bottom