Benz Or Audi?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by scshift

There are no maybes, Astons as simply the most beautiful cars ever built. Plus they do not cost 4x more than an A7. 
laugh.gif

A7s start at $60k, A Vantage V8 can be had for around $120k-$130k. 
Even if you want to compare saloon to saloon, the Rapide can be had for around $160k but come on, you can't even compare the two.

A Vantage V8 is that much? I know they're going for pretty cheap (around $70k on ebay) used.

With $120k though, that money is NOT going to an Aston Martin. That's R8 or 911 GT3 RS money
pimp.gif

Those going cheap are usually 2008 or older, they had more problems than the 2009+MY.
You can't really get a new R8 for that price though, most are at $140k these days. Plus the new ones will only come in Auto trans.

GT3 RS, you really aren't going to be able to drive that on the road. If you don't track, you kill it's soul.

For me, the Vantage V8 wouldn't break my back on the street and it just looks so damn beautiful. 

Plus it does wheelies!

PzhAd.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

There are no maybes, Astons as simply the most beautiful cars ever built. Plus they do not cost 4x more than an A7. 
laugh.gif

Even if you want to compare saloon to saloon, the Rapide can be had for around $160k but come on, you can't even compare the two.

A Vantage V8 is that much? I know they're going for pretty cheap (around $70k on ebay) used.

With $120k though, that money is NOT going to an Aston Martin. That's R8 or 911 GT3 RS money
pimp.gif

Those going cheap are usually 2008 or older, they had more problems than the 2009+MY.
You can't really get a new R8 for that price though, most are at $140k these days. Plus the new ones will only come in Auto trans.

GT3 RS, you really aren't going to be able to drive that on the road. If you don't track, you kill it's soul. I also don't think you can find one for $120k new.

For me, the Vantage V8 wouldn't break my back on the street and it just looks so damn beautiful. 

Plus it does wheelies!

I used to love Aston Martins, but the design wore off on me. It's a lot like Maserati to me, the design is just too boring. They're elegant cars, but boring.

Porsche GT3 RS is one of my favorite cars, they retail for $135k but used ones are around $120k.

Can you imagine pulling up to restaurant in this?

01-porsche-911-gt3-rs-live-620op.jpg

You'll definitely break your back and have a migraine after you're done, but that is one good looking car
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I love comparing cars, my opinions:

RS4 > C63 > M3 (this will change when the 2013 M3 drops...)

Jag XF > 5 series > A6 > E class

A7 > CLS > 6 coupe

A8 > S class > XJ > 7 series

Range > X5 > GL > Q7

How are you going to compete the 6 coupe against the A7 & CLS though? Should be against the new 6Series sedan.
kj999.jpg

And the E92 M3 is still the best in it's class in both look and performance. I'd honestly take an IS-F over an RS4.

Also to me G550 > Range > others

pimp.gif

GT3 RS, you really aren't going to be able to drive that on the road. If you don't track, you kill it's soul. I also don't think you can find one for $120k new.

Plus it does wheelies!

I used to love Aston Martins, but the design wore off on me. It's a lot like Maserati to me, the design is just too boring. They're elegant cars, but boring.

Porsche GT3 RS is one of my favorite cars, they retail for $135k but used ones are around $120k.

Can you imagine pulling up to restaurant in this?

01-porsche-911-gt3-rs-live-620op.jpg

You'll definitely break your back and have a migraine after you're done, but that is one good looking car
pimp.gif
You are not going to find one in $135k new, production has stopped a year ago and you won't find many sitting around. You'd pay well over $150k for one, if not over $200k. Don't bring used prices to the equation because a used R8 could got for $100k and a used 2009+ Vantage could go for $90k.

I'm a huge Porsche fan but I think the GT3 RS is too much with the color accents and decals and huge spoiler (on the particular one you posted). If I were going to track a car, no doubt the GT3 RS is the best choice but I'd rather a 911 Turbo S for daily driving or an Aston when pulling into a restaurant or handing the keys to the valet, especially if the keys looks like this.
5N0LE.jpg

I think I'll just go for the Nissan GT-R then 
laugh.gif

And the over-the-top colors/accents is what I love about that colorway of the GT3 RS. The flashy, attention side of me likes it.

damn i didn't even know the rs5 isn't to the states yet. 

you can take the decals off the gt3.  and yeah i'd take a turbo s over a gt3, things are animals.  fun to drive in the snow too.
laugh.gif

I love comparing cars, my opinions:

RS4 > C63 > M3 (this will change when the 2013 M3 drops...)

Jag XF > 5 series > A6 > E class

A7 > CLS > 6 coupe

A8 > S class > XJ > 7 series

Range > X5 > GL > Q7
How are you going to compete the 6 coupe against the A7 & CLS though? Should be against the new 6Series sedan.
kj999.jpg

And the E92 M3 is still the best in it's class in both look and performance. I'd honestly take an IS-F over an RS4.

Also to me G550 > Range Porsche Cayenne > others

In fact I think pretty much all Porsche's are, I'd get surely get an A7 before any of these, I think it's the most beautiful in it's class, maybe Aston Martin has a shot design wise, but those cost about 4 times more...
laugh.gif

NFAM3.jpg

The Rapied was what I was thinking of, hard to compare, but regardless they're in the same class. OK, price is only 3 times, but still, maybe twice if you get the RS7, which can compete with the Aston. But yeah they are beautiful cars.

@scshift - I think a Porsche with that kind of kit looks infantile, especially aside an Aston.

@ RFX45 - yeah thats the BMW I thought of, got the name wrong. I love Hooydonks work, but this 6 series didn't turn up too good.

@sillyputty - really? It may be just me, but I think the Cayennes are just as ugly, reminds me of a frog.. The next nice car from Porsche will be the 918, but that turned out awesome.

i'll take the CLS out of those two

but if we're talking about high performance luxury sedans give me the S63 AMG

Originally Posted by PugLife

Originally Posted by ninjahood

yea, Audi's are under powered for da most part...
   i think this is one very underlooked aspect. i'm in the market for a new car and was debating between a c63 or an m3. i decided to look into the audi equivalent and was straight disappointed. they didn't have anything that even remotely compared. audi was ahead of the game with their designs, but everyone else is quickly catching up including mercedes. i also think mercedes has hands down the best looking interiors of the 3 with bmw in dead last.

It's because they're stingy with bringing the RS versions of theu cars in the US. It will soon change though.

If they wanna be taking serious by enthusiasts instead of just yuppiesThen they need to make that transition.

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

benzs are more common, why get what so many have

To be honest, these days I see more BMWs and Audis. The 3-series (even plenty of M3s) litters the street and I want to say A4's are everywhere but sometimes with a quick glance, I can't tell the A4, A6, A7 & A8 apart except they get bigger as the number increases. 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
 All I know is that they're Audis. 

Is the Audi A4 really that bad? I look up stuff I don't see much bad about the A6, but I see a lot of bad reviews about the quality of the A4.

I don't think the A4 is that bad, it's just their entry-level car (along with the A3) and probably their best selling sedan so a lot more people have it and the chance of having problems are higher. They are certainly of much better quality in comparison to 5-10 years ago.

I don't think the A4 is that bad, it's just their entry-level car (along with the A3) and probably their best selling sedan so a lot more people have it and the chance of having problems are higher. They are certainly of much better quality in comparison to 5-10 years ago.

I`m still kinda confused on the maintenance part. I understand when its time for maintenance such as oil changes and etc etc it cost more, but folks make it sound like these cars are junk and along with the high cost of normal maintenance they constantly break down. That A4 is sexy as hell, and I understand it needs premium care, but so does a Lexus, but Lexus are built like tanks so the only money you drop on it is for normal maintenance. 

I think I'll just go for the Nissan GT-R then 
laugh.gif

And the over-the-top colors/accents is what I love about that colorway of the GT3 RS. The flashy, attention side of me likes it.
Cop out 
laugh.gif

Cotdamn GT-R *shakes fist* 

The effect of that car has wore off on me. 

Astons are the most beautiful cars ever created though. The Vanquish is a masterpiece

In HUngary I think the A4 is the most common. Germans like the BMW though, a lot of 5 series' on the roads.

And yeah maintenance is an issue, which is a huge advantage for Lexus, but the new designs are extremely ugly.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I`m still kinda confused on the maintenance part. I understand when its time for maintenance such as oil changes and etc etc it cost more, but folks make it sound like these cars are junk and along with the high cost of normal maintenance they constantly break down. That A4 is sexy as hell, and I understand it needs premium care, but so does a Lexus, but Lexus are built like tanks so the only money you drop on it is for normal maintenance. 

Audi is VW and VW has always had electrical problem, actually most German cars do. They just can't do it like the Japanese can. Plus for the most part, Japanese parts are cheaper. Like Lexus, you can take an IS to a Toyota dealership for an oil change. I don't think you can do that with Audi even though it is practically VW. It still has German parts that tends to be more expensive. Not to mention BMW & Benz isn't a subsidiary of a bigger company to borrow parts from like Lexus/Toyota, Acura/Honda and Infiniti/Nissan.
When it comes to reliability, Japanese is just better. So if you want to own a German car, be prepared and ready to pay a few more $$$. 

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Audi is VW and VW has always had electrical problem, actually most German cars do. They just can't do it like the Japanese can. Plus for the most part, Japanese parts are cheaper. Like Lexus, you can take an IS to a Toyota dealership for an oil change. I don't think you can do that with Audi even though it is practically VW. It still has German parts that tends to be more expensive. Not to mention BMW & Benz isn't a subsidiary of a bigger company to borrow parts from like Lexus/Toyota, Acura/Honda and Infiniti/Nissan.
When it comes to reliability, Japanese is just better. So if you want to own a German car, be prepared and ready to pay a few more $$$. 
yea man Them German Cars look GOOD. The Lexus are clean, but don't pop. What gets me is people say German cars are built so strong, then why do they have the most issues? Like I said I understand regular maintenance being more, but from what I see online dudes talk like them cars stay having issues and really after 30k miles its time to get another whip. I was originally looking at 08-09 Lexus ES, Then I started to look at the current gen Nissan Maximas, but I hear there isn't much diff for the money you pay than the body diff between that and the Altima. I've been looking at American Cars such as Challengers and Camaro, and they seem pretty good but historically US cars were cheaply made.

Back
Top Bottom