Best 1-2 punch in the league? vol. Right now

Originally Posted by thacapt

Originally Posted by viiheaven

tumblr_ld93kuSIKo1qa00qco1_500.jpg
After following the Knicks the past couple weeks....

24ci26x.jpg

Originally Posted by moe200069

can only hope that one day these two are a relevant 1-2 combo

Stephen_Curry__30_And_Monta_Ellis__8_Of_The_Golden_State_Warriors_Give_Each_Other_A_High_Five_In_A_Game_Against_The.jpg
Would be
pimp.gif
if curry would stay healthy. In a couple of years they would be a legitimate contender (assuming the warriors don't trade them away or lose them to free agency).

But right now the first duo I thought of was westbrook and durant.

Originally Posted by moe200069

can only hope that one day these two are a relevant 1-2 combo

Stephen_Curry__30_And_Monta_Ellis__8_Of_The_Golden_State_Warriors_Give_Each_Other_A_High_Five_In_A_Game_Against_The.jpg
Would be
pimp.gif
if curry would stay healthy. In a couple of years they would be a legitimate contender (assuming the warriors don't trade them away or lose them to free agency).

But right now the first duo I thought of was westbrook and durant.

No reason Monta Ellis and Steph Curry's name being mentioned in this post.

I don't care how great Amare and Felton are playing right now, they are NOT the best duel (as Magic would call it) in the NBA. That goes to Pow and Big Kobe. For some reason people don't understand that temporary fire doesn't mean that item is the BEST at the moment. It just means it is the hottest.

So Kobe and Pow.

Wade and Bron are unproven
Felton and Amare are unproven and shouldn't be mentioned yet.

Durant and Westbrook have done it in the playoffs, so they should be mentioned before Wade and Bron as well. On paper they are not better but in terms of production and proven performance, they have to be higher.

No reason Monta Ellis and Steph Curry's name being mentioned in this post.

I don't care how great Amare and Felton are playing right now, they are NOT the best duel (as Magic would call it) in the NBA. That goes to Pow and Big Kobe. For some reason people don't understand that temporary fire doesn't mean that item is the BEST at the moment. It just means it is the hottest.

So Kobe and Pow.

Wade and Bron are unproven
Felton and Amare are unproven and shouldn't be mentioned yet.

Durant and Westbrook have done it in the playoffs, so they should be mentioned before Wade and Bron as well. On paper they are not better but in terms of production and proven performance, they have to be higher.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I say it's gotta be Durant and Westbrooke.
Why does it GOTTA be them? What about the big two of the defending got damn world champions? That doesn't count for anything anymore?

Why does it GOTTA be them? What about the big two of the defending got damn world champions? That doesn't count for anything anymore?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

No one is disagreeing with you
laugh.gif

Of course Kobe and Pau are ultimately the best tandem in the league, but we're talkin right now and there's other duos playing just as good, if not better.

No one is disagreeing with you
laugh.gif

Of course Kobe and Pau are ultimately the best tandem in the league, but we're talkin right now and there's other duos playing just as good, if not better.

What do you mean RIGHT NOW, the list doesn't fluctuate week by week. They ARE the best point blank. So what if someone is currently hotter than them, why does that mean they are no longer the best? Hottest does not mean currently the best. I wish you all would understand that concept.

Kobe and Pow ARE the best 1-2 punch right now, last year, and the year before. It is not arguable in my honest opinion.

What do you mean RIGHT NOW, the list doesn't fluctuate week by week. They ARE the best point blank. So what if someone is currently hotter than them, why does that mean they are no longer the best? Hottest does not mean currently the best. I wish you all would understand that concept.

Kobe and Pow ARE the best 1-2 punch right now, last year, and the year before. It is not arguable in my honest opinion.

Right now Kobe and Pau are the best though. A few games doesn't change that. Not sure why half of niketalk has that "prisoner of the moment" mindset but everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Still, imagine if niketalk was around in the 90s, and MJ had just played three or four bad games in the row, while Drex averaged 40 per in the same span of time. The question posed was, "who is the best 2 in the league, right now?" Everyone would say MJ right? Same logic applies.

Right now Kobe and Pau are the best though. A few games doesn't change that. Not sure why half of niketalk has that "prisoner of the moment" mindset but everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Still, imagine if niketalk was around in the 90s, and MJ had just played three or four bad games in the row, while Drex averaged 40 per in the same span of time. The question posed was, "who is the best 2 in the league, right now?" Everyone would say MJ right? Same logic applies.

I swear I hate the "prisoner in the moment" logic. I had to fight tooth and nail with someone because they said "Right now Mike Vick is the best QB in the NFL" I said no, he is not. He is not better than Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Drew, or Rivers. Why? Because he had 7 games under his belt in the last 3 years, how can his 7 games make him that much greater than dudes that have killed over the last 3 years? He is the hottest, but that doesn't mean he is the best. People don't understand that saying "Right now" doesn't mean everything before today is forgotten.

I swear I hate the "prisoner in the moment" logic. I had to fight tooth and nail with someone because they said "Right now Mike Vick is the best QB in the NFL" I said no, he is not. He is not better than Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Drew, or Rivers. Why? Because he had 7 games under his belt in the last 3 years, how can his 7 games make him that much greater than dudes that have killed over the last 3 years? He is the hottest, but that doesn't mean he is the best. People don't understand that saying "Right now" doesn't mean everything before today is forgotten.

Russell Westbrook is arguably one of the top mvp candidates in the league so far, and Durant is gonna be Durant. How could they not be considered either the best or top 2 or 3.. 1-2 punches in the league.

I'm a laker fan and I watch every single Laker game so don't act like these guys are playing out of their minds.

Russell Westbrook is arguably one of the top mvp candidates in the league so far, and Durant is gonna be Durant. How could they not be considered either the best or top 2 or 3.. 1-2 punches in the league.

I'm a laker fan and I watch every single Laker game so don't act like these guys are playing out of their minds.

Yep, agreed 100%.

Back
Top Bottom