Best Looking HID Temp.?

I want to add them to my car.  I've been doing some research and it seems most people are saying that the best looking temp is between the 6k-8k range.
What do you think?  Pics of yours?

IMO stick around 5000K. 5000 is a nice, clean white light to me.
I think anything over 6000K looks too blue and pretty tacky.

lower temperatures usually have less glare in OEM headlamps too

b79f4942-4f60-483b-b86a-1cfe63fc1d91over%209000.png

I was thinking of getting something light blue (not sure the temp) because I liked how my lights looked while they were warming up, but it seems to be the color people put on their civics and ford rangers.

Since the thread was locked, I hope all you guys will PM method man and see if he's serious. Everyone with one of those infamous JRose messages pass it forward to Meth. If Jrose isn't banned by monday another thread must be made

Get the best light output: 4300

But 6K will give you good output and blut tint.

6000K. if you're looking for a kit with NO-GLARE, our company is releasing a patented HID technology.

PM me for more info.

4300k.

It has the maximum light output and is the same color as natural sunlight. ALL OEM MANUFACTURES USE 4300K. I'm sure Audi, BMW, MB, Honda, Toyota, GM, Ford, etc know a little bit about automotive lighting.

Please don't go anything more than that. It begins to look tacky, hurts other drivers eyes, and will fatigue your eyes faster.

What car is this going into? Because if you don't have a projector and you are putting them into a reflector housing it's going to look even worse, blind everyone on the road, and get you pulled over and ticketed.

dont go over 6k please!!!! i hate when people got straight up blue headlights and fog lights, its the ugliest and tackiest thing ever
smh.gif

what's worse than ricers are ricers with illegal HIDS or those terrible blue/purple/green lights. can't stand that crap.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

what's worse than ricers are ricers with illegal HIDS or those terrible blue/purple/green lights. can't stand that crap.
Legally, you aren't allowed to modify the headlights in any way here in the U.S. so any aftermarket HID kit is illegal.

Stay within 4300-6000k.  Anything higher than that is more for show, the higher it goes..the more blue/purple hue it looks until you eventually hit what is known as black light.

Also FYI...HID pretty much sucks without projectors.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

do you buy the kit? or can you just buy the bulb?
You need the kit if you're buying it for the first time.  The kit essentially is the bulb with the ballast.  If you're buying just the bulb and there is no ballast connection, you're buying "HID like" halogen bulbs.

You need to make sure you get the right size as well, ie when I had my '04 Accord the size was 9006 (I believe...it's been 5-6 yrs since I've had the car).

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

do you buy the kit? or can you just buy the bulb?
You need the kit if you're buying it for the first time.  The kit essentially is the bulb with the ballast.  If you're buying just the bulb and there is no ballast connection, you're buying "HID like" halogen bulbs.

You need to make sure you get the right size as well, ie when I had my '04 Accord the size was 9006 (I believe...it's been 5-6 yrs since I've had the car).

good to know I'll just need to get a new bulb then.  I was heavy into my car when I first bought it 4 years ago, and put a xenon kit in there, but since I don't care much about it nowadays, my left light won't turn on.  I know my connections good, I just thought it'd last longer

we're actually launching a kit that will be marketed as "glare-free" and will provide a much more concentrated beam of light. this will be done by a remote control and its ability to control the bulbs from inside the drivers seat.

here are some pics:

HID-LUXKIT-4.jpg

HID-LUXKIT-5.jpg

HID-LUXKIT-9.jpg

any questions, PM me
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom